david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

What distort did you run on the sphere to create the wavy look?

And then you just duplicated and flipped horizontally, right?

I like the highlights. Funny pic :P

:lol::lol: inspiration for this piece was a phrase I heard not long ago about "" in your face Saturday morning cartoons ""

:lol::lol: Helen I told you I was working on one ugly dog. He's actually so homely he's cute.

Nab not sure what wavy you are talking about? draw me a quick arrow pointing to where you mean and I'll explain.

ciao OMA

Well, basically, how did you distort the spheres (head, body, etc.) so that they weren't spheres?

I've tried a couple and they haven't worked. It looks similar to one of Madjik's works.

don't know which one you mean by Madjik I didn't follow anything but what was in my head.

similar to how I did the cherries (see my pear tut near the bottom of page 2)

basically its sphere 3d full sphere

next layer same texture sphere 3d but use half sphere I didn't save the settings, but if you can't figure them out let me know I can most likely re do pretty close for you.

put a little black blur on a separate transparent layer down the centre under the half sphere and over the layer of the full sphere. flatten

I didn't save the exact settings I used (this is a mock up of the settings I did)

Theugliestlittledogever-1.png

hope that is what you want to know

ciao

OMA

:lol::lol: yes he was very nightmare-ish wasn't he. Helen and I had been PMing about good and bad images and about either posting them or not. He was one I pulled out of the trash bin.

At least Nab I hoped learned how to do a step he was needing for a project from it.

:lol::lol: That poor puppy was so ugly! now he is going back in the trash bin. I have said in the past I learn a lot from my bad trash. This one I learned red and yellow and green don't look good as dog colors (looks more like a turkey than a dog) :lol::lol: but on the plus side I learned how to give good perspective of a dog coming out of the screen towards you. Which by the way was the original experiment.

@stealthed when you look off in the distance at land you sometimes see some greenish blue in the tree line. and some browns, you see tree trunk color but not the actual tree trunks because of all the leaves.

More variety of green tones could help, maybe even darker ones in the gully like areas.

When I did my landscape I have in the galleria I used some dithers and stretched and pulled them around (using same method for distortion as in the dog above.) and then lowerd the transparency. I'm not sure if that's the look you are going for but I thought it gave me the real mottled feel of forests.

EDIT Stealthed I hope it was trees and not just hilly grass. either way it really needs to be more dark tones less acidy green looking.

ciao

Thanks Oma, I tried responding last night but the connection kept timing out.

Now I understand how you got those shapes, I think it'll come useful in the future.

Thanks again for all your help,

Nab

jannettsue she is such a cutie. love the wings!

she just makes my heart flutter. sort of a cross between abstract and reality?

th_17.png

full size in my gallery pg 23

Ooooh. That's nice. Did you use a tutorial for that because I remember seeing that somewhere on here. Great job. It looks really cool! 8)

Ooooh. That's nice. Did you use a tutorial for that because I remember seeing that somewhere on here. Great job. It looks really cool! 8)

there is a tut for it..but i already thought of most of it b4 i read it, like the noise for the 'hairs' and the gradient foo the metal part, instead i used shape 3d to make basicly the whole thing

used a bulge on the tip to make it bend a lil, and jitter and motion blur to make the ends look more realistic, plus i added the light shading on the metalic part of the handle, i just airbrushed and blurred in a lot of the extra shading, and for the pain on the brush i just used gradient mapping and a transparency gradient :P

and heres a shot at making a pepsi can and an apple xO

pepsicanqk5.png

as for this pepsi can theres nothing really special i just thought it looks nice xD

applehp4.png

made this from modifying a tut, sorta like the paint brush xO

@Icey: NIIIICCCCEEEEEE! Only thing I would improve on the Pepsi can is to make the top and bottom more chrome"er." Try Ash's 3d chrome tut, I think it'll help you a bunch. Edit: I would also feather the edge of the can to eliminate the jagged edge.

@Icey: NIIIICCCCEEEEEE! Only thing I would improve on the Pepsi can is to make the top and bottom more chrome"er." Try Ash's 3d chrome tut, I think it'll help you a bunch. Edit: I would also feather the edge of the can to eliminate the jagged edge.

/;o thx, for the metal i actually used shape 3 on a gradient tht i tried to make look a bit metalic x)

and omg i cant believe i forgot about the feather thing... =\ i keep forgetting to dl tht >.<

but hey i tried out the chrome thing while making this :) i got some perspective wrong on it though so it looks kinda bad...but still ok i guess =\ any tips? >.<

lavalamplb7.jpg

And this is quite random but i made a fish xD, doesnt really look like a real fish though...

orangefishgz5.png

/;o thx, for the metal i actually used shape 3 on a gradient tht i tried to make look a bit metalic x)

and omg i cant believe i forgot about the feather thing... =\ i keep forgetting to dl tht >.<

but hey i tried out the chrome thing while making this :) i got some perspective wrong on it though so it looks kinda bad...but still ok i guess =\ any tips? >.<

lavalamplb7.jpg

This is great. I think reducing the lighting on the left side a bit might take out so much glare. I downloaded a plugin called Alias last night, and hadn't had a chance to use it yet. It's supposed to destroy antialiasing before you can run the feather plugin.