Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Ooooh. That's nice. Did you use a tutorial for that because I remember seeing that somewhere on here. Great job. It looks really cool! 8)

there is a tut for it..but i already thought of most of it b4 i read it, like the noise for the 'hairs' and the gradient foo the metal part, instead i used shape 3d to make basicly the whole thing

used a bulge on the tip to make it bend a lil, and jitter and motion blur to make the ends look more realistic, plus i added the light shading on the metalic part of the handle, i just airbrushed and blurred in a lot of the extra shading, and for the pain on the brush i just used gradient mapping and a transparency gradient :P

and heres a shot at making a pepsi can and an apple xO

pepsicanqk5.png

as for this pepsi can theres nothing really special i just thought it looks nice xD

applehp4.png

made this from modifying a tut, sorta like the paint brush xO

@Icey: NIIIICCCCEEEEEE! Only thing I would improve on the Pepsi can is to make the top and bottom more chrome"er." Try Ash's 3d chrome tut, I think it'll help you a bunch. Edit: I would also feather the edge of the can to eliminate the jagged edge.

/;o thx, for the metal i actually used shape 3 on a gradient tht i tried to make look a bit metalic x)

and omg i cant believe i forgot about the feather thing... =\ i keep forgetting to dl tht >.<

but hey i tried out the chrome thing while making this :) i got some perspective wrong on it though so it looks kinda bad...but still ok i guess =\ any tips? >.<

lavalamplb7.jpg

And this is quite random but i made a fish xD, doesnt really look like a real fish though...

orangefishgz5.png

@Icey: NIIIICCCCEEEEEE! Only thing I would improve on the Pepsi can is to make the top and bottom more chrome"er." Try Ash's 3d chrome tut, I think it'll help you a bunch. Edit: I would also feather the edge of the can to eliminate the jagged edge.

/;o thx, for the metal i actually used shape 3 on a gradient tht i tried to make look a bit metalic x)

and omg i cant believe i forgot about the feather thing... =\ i keep forgetting to dl tht >.<

but hey i tried out the chrome thing while making this :) i got some perspective wrong on it though so it looks kinda bad...but still ok i guess =\ any tips? >.<

lavalamplb7.jpg

This is great. I think reducing the lighting on the left side a bit might take out so much glare. I downloaded a plugin called Alias last night, and hadn't had a chance to use it yet. It's supposed to destroy antialiasing before you can run the feather plugin.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Wow. Just wow. We're all stepping it up, aren't we? Haha.

These are reposts, but as far as I remember, I haven't posted them in this thread. I don't think I have anyway. >_>

Icey's fish caught my eye and reminded me of these. One thing, Icey, the scales on most fish face the other direction. It seems funny that the direction the scales are facing is opposite. Also, that Pepsi can looks great. I can see you going places with S3D.

th_fishy.png

haha. If you look up in the corner, you can actually see where I forgot to erase the rear table leg.

basicfishtank.jpg

th_zomgpaperbag.jpg

th_mailbox.jpg

th_welcometosimplicity.jpg

In all honesty, I'm not that pleased with this. (The clouds are just awful, for instance. Also, the simulated depth didn't work out so well, since I didn't make enough of a variation in the grass size... I could go on, but you can see for yourself.) But it was a massive project, the full-size being so massive that I had to work on it in portions. If I tried to do it at once with all the required layers, my computer would probably start asking around for hired assassins.

Wow. Just wow. We're all stepping it up, aren't we? Haha.

These are reposts, but as far as I remember, I haven't posted them in this thread. I don't think I have anyway. >_>

Icey's fish caught my eye and reminded me of these. One thing, Icey, the scales on most fish face the other direction. It seems funny that the direction the scales are facing is opposite. Also, that Pepsi can looks great. I can see you going places with S3D.

th_fishy.png

haha. If you look up in the corner, you can actually see where I forgot to erase the rear table leg.

basicfishtank.jpg

th_zomgpaperbag.jpg

th_mailbox.jpg

th_welcometosimplicity.jpg

In all honesty, I'm not that pleased with this. (The clouds are just awful, for instance. Also, the simulated depth didn't work out so well, since I didn't make enough of a variation in the grass size... I could go on, but you can see for yourself.) But it was a massive project, the full-size being so massive that I had to work on it in portions. If I tried to do it at once with all the required layers, my computer would probably start asking around for hired assassins.

Yellowman: You should make a tutorial for your vases. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in them.

I love your aquarium Wither. The subtle reflections on the glass are nice. The fish looks lonely though. ^-^

I took a try on a photoshop apple tutorial, and made a few changes.

Apple3.png

The edges are still a little rough though, I'll have to try to smooth them out later.

Sig.png

Yellowman: You should make a tutorial for your vases. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in them.

I love your aquarium Wither. The subtle reflections on the glass are nice. The fish looks lonely though. ^-^

Apple3.png

The edges are still a little rough though, I'll have to try to smooth them out later.

Sig.png

AmadeusX: You should make a tutorial for your vases. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in them.

Apple3.png

CoreKelley: It's not my vase :P It's yellowmans :D

I don't make vases ;)

So the credits goes to yellowman ;)

U2l6xrt.png

AmadeusX: You should make a tutorial for your vases. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in them.

Apple3.png

I don't make vases ;)

U2l6xrt.png

Apple3.png

I don't make vases ;)

Oh sorry, :oops: . I looked at the wrong post. I'll go edit it now. Thanks for pointing that out!

Goonfella: Your glass of wine looks amazing. The shape of the wine bottle and reflections on it look good. The only thing I would recommend is to make the label seem more curved, like your bottle does, other than that the bottle looks perfect! ^-^

Sig.png

Apple3.png

I don't make vases ;)

Oh sorry, :oops: . I looked at the wrong post. I'll go edit it now. Thanks for pointing that out!

Goonfella: Your glass of wine looks amazing. The shape of the wine bottle and reflections on it look good. The only thing I would recommend is to make the label seem more curved, like your bottle does, other than that the bottle looks perfect! ^-^

Sig.png

corekelley and oma and all here thank you for your comments,this is a simple tutorial on how to make the vase that's in daisy ,

its same method for all vases and similar shapes, I hope it will be easy and clear:

1-The skins texture of the vase:

th_texture.jpg

2-How to render the basic body of the vase using the "Shape3D" plug-in:

th_body3D.jpg

3-The additions and the completions:

th_render.jpg

:arrow: And you welcome I am glad to share my ideas with you.

:arrow: Sorry this tut should be somewhere else but not here, I will try to move it in another location soon to keep the forum in good shape.