Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Not a bad outcome Freedo. I like it. Really like the texture of the planet too. The little moon hovers in front of the big planet so nicely.

Thought I might add this one here. Made use of the Trail plugin by pyrochild. Very nice outcome on the mirror frame with the Trail.

EnchantedMirror.png

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I looked at that piece and thought I was in a sauna or something, with the steam and stuff. I took a better look at it and got the hidden enchanted vibe. Brilliant piece, seamless use of Trail. Keep it up (please)!

It looked better on the darker background. Should've been more mindful of the background colour on here. Fabulous plugin...so much it can be used for. Thanks for the comment here & the visit & comment in my gallery. Very much appreciated!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Freedo 92: It looks good, but try working a little more on the background - some brighter/bigger stars and some smaller would make it look way more realistic.

Barbieq: I really, really love the background - it just seems to be very well put together and the colors are beautiful too. The mirror, of course, looks great, I like the way it looks so shiny. Nice work :)

Here's my latest work:

ngle2.png

signature.png

I just like the pictures cause they perty O.O

Did you play banjo in a Burt Reynolds movie?

I would pay a lot of people for some of the art they make.

I would honestly pay Possum Roadkill for a piece he made for me about a week ago. If I had the money, I would!

My bank account number is........... :lol:

Possum - you should post that here. It is a great image!

Sorry, I just haven't gotten to it yet. I just posted it on Fan's forum a few minutes ago. I made it for Chris's DA group gallery SH Fans. I may post it on here, but then again, I could be up to no good.

WOW your mirror is AWESOME !

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Chrisco, thanks!

Tine0, love the keys! Really well done, great texture, shadows & highlights.

Possum, I've commented on DA about the pipe one. Glad you like the mirror.

Thank you everyone for you kind comments. We know how much comments are appreciated so we can gauge how we're doing & improve.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

4405242327a12471272143l.jpg

i didnt know wer this 1 should go but i think ive chosen the right place

even though this is a very simple and basic piece it took me longer than expected. i cam across a few hic-ups on the way too.the cars were annoyin to edit because the magic wand didnt work so i had to rub all the background out from the stocks.it was also my first attempt at a cartonn picture so dont judge :D

Edited by nictarquini

4405242327a12419642960l.jpg

@Nictarquini wow, not bad. the thing that really makes this realistic, is the fence.

the cars do look a bit wierd, but after all, it is supposed to be a cartoon...

but yeah I couldnt even do this.

woohoo, I made a new spacescape. Like so many of my other works, I made this because I had nothing

else to do. I'm pretty sure this one is my best so far, but I can already see some flaws. This is the first

time I've made almost everything in a piece the same color, or close to it. This piece took me about 3 hours,

and had about 30 layers, not bad hm?

I'm pretty proud about this one, :)

crystalcosmos.png

@skitzo thankyou your ur comment

and i love your spacescape the only thing i thing would make it better was is you put another planet (or put the planet more centrle) and to add different coulors to the background its really great though and im jelous tbh well done! :D

4405242327a12419642960l.jpg

Nice piece Skitzo. Good texture on the planet although I do fined that the background tends to drown it out a bit. Maybe you could tone it down a bit?

Anyway as everyone seems to be posting spacescapes here at the moment I thought I might as well join in. Here is another galaxy I have just finished. It`s a test to see if I can replicate the one in my gallery. It`s not bad, but not as good as the other one.I have called this one `Star City'.

th_StarCity.jpg

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thank you, thank you. I can now see the things to improve, this really helps a lot. Nictarquini, I hope to see

some more of your realistic work, CSM725 & Chrisco97, thanks for the advice, I will change many things.

@Goonfella, thanks for the advice, It really helps. Anyway, I love your new Galaxy piece, it looks nice and

bright, also the white ball in the center really adds a nice touch. But this to me, looks more cartoonish then

realistic, no offence, but mainly it kinda looks fantasy, I suppose thats a good thing? And the small blue nebulae in

the background is really cool, but you should have added a few more, like barely visible, it helps the main object

look better, if you know what I'm talking about, I barely do though.... One question, what did you use to make

the galaxy? Because the whole thing just looks like a fantasy world, it's crazy. In a good way of course.

If you mean which plug in I used clouds,motion blur , Heightfield and Splinter when making the texture and Twist would be the main one for the shape . Once that was done it was a case of playing around with it until I got the look I was after. I find Alphaspace is invaluable for getting rid of the black areas, but I also just used the Magic Wand on Global to select and delete them as well.Getting the texture thinned out a bit is the key.

For the stars I used some of my previous starscapes, pasted in shaped to fit. Then I just played around with the blend modes and settings to blend them in nicely. So this one image really consists of three or four different ones blended together - all PDN though, no stocks used.

The reason there is not much in the background is because, like I said in my previous post, this is more of a test piece to try to replicate the one in my gallery. So I wasn`t too bothered about adding details.I like your description of it as a fantasy world though. I guess every spacescape is a different kind of fantasy really. Thanks for taking time to comment. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN