Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

nab that is fantastic! so soothing to look at. great revision of a rival program tut. :lol: :wink:

========================================

tilo

th_plasma.jpg

I cetainley agree with Yellowman about this one. That one is entirely a pleasant image to view all around. color choice is wonderful.

==============================================================

Well I'm very influenced by the books I read and the latest coversations on Startrek must have run deep in my subconsious. This is the latest play image I worked on. I just let the fingers roam the keys, as I thought of worm holes, branes, waves, cold temperature. The words gamma and nuclear, and time space travel.

"Deep 6 plus 9"

talkofwormholesactivatesimages.png

What tutorial? :? I was just experimenting. :P Can I have a link?

I like your new picture - it's very sharp and cold, and I really like the overall effect.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@nab007:Simple and good-looking, I like it.

@oma:Currently glueing my head back together after you blew it of again.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@007 Nab couldn't find that tut again been searching for about an hour now thru my history, but can't locate. It wasn't as good as your picture but had the same feel.

@Boude better pick up all the pieces of your head. LOL! sorry I keep doing that to you. Can I offer you a free sample of super glue ?

@welshblue no snake, just worms.

oma .. that is wow, so complicated I like the result very much, combination of many effects, they are like fighting worms but not from our planet and all other words you mentioned are also compatible, did you start with a stock, or it is all PDN from scratch? Awesome piece.

yes wormholes outerspace etc etc. I didn't start with any stocks, started actually with a torus shape. I first tried the one beta plugin but it was too slow to render so ended up using madjik plugin polygones can't recall settings but it was high high number of edges and stairization was fairly high I had to mirror one side across other to remove the large one color spot. EDIT: have pm'd you the settings for the torus.

its three torus shape on top of each other, decreasing as you near top. color hue , black white and curves+

I also used lots of rotate zoom

then maybe 30 other distorts. and of course polar inversion. shine additive. (the silver color must have stuck in my mind from the hubble pictures I saw on Television this week)

Thanks for all these comments

@nab: this picture is wonderful, it seems as if these white things are moving

@oma: your picture is awesome, gene roddenberry would be proud to use it as background for star trekposters i think :wink:

it's pretty cool intel, my suggestion is to change the background to something more orignal though, clouds are always used t much...

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

it's pretty cool intel, my suggestion is to change the background to something more orignal though, clouds are always used t much...

Ok thanks. What to you think would look better? And is the color palette any good? Thanks!

Ok thanks. What to you think would look better? And is the color palette any good? Thanks!

ah, sorry for not responding I hadn't checked this in a while :)

I'd go for a dark texture, something like this: http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/cry ... m?3#anchor although with a distorted grid-like feature. the colour palette is nice, but it didn't stand out as it should have on the previous background.

and oma, that's very nice, the four "bubbles" give it a nice touch. Only critism is that it does look very stretched by places, and as with a lot of abstracts, it's a little too symmetric, even with the different colour lines.

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

:lol::lol: look again those shapes are not really symetric. ... flat top on some round top on others its semi symetric but not totally. :lol: the only copied and flipped pieces are the four corners.

the stretch you are seeing is likely insideout and polar inversion from max settings. .

ciao

PS most of my test pieces are semi symetric patterns that's how I determine what each plugin does and doesn't do.

@ Oma: that image is insane(in a good way)

did you by any chance start with something like a chess piece?

redsig.png

Hello everybody ... :D

I would be very interested about what you think about my last wallpaper, completly Made in PDN. :)

fiction133.jpg

Of course, the most you make criticals, the most I'll be happy to read you. :mrgreen:

Hello everybody ... :D

I would be very interested about what you think about my last wallpaper, completly Made in PDN. :)

fiction133.jpg

Of course, the most you make criticals, the most I'll be happy to read you. :mrgreen:

Very nice. I like the various gradients and color combinations. It has a very soothing look.

As always Oma ... beautiful beyond words :wink:

Patarien ... nice choice of colours, personally I think it would look better without the stripes/ lines across the centre ... and of course someone else may love them :D Keep it up and enjoy your time here :wink:

Swan Song

th_SwanSong.png

... M u t e d a n d u n d e r s t a t e d , j u s t l i k e m e ...

I really like this. Unusual colors. For some reason it makes me think of water. Did you ever see the movie "The Abyss"? It makes me think of the beings in the abyss.

I have done a few abstracts but not many. This is one I did a few weeks ago.

Ribbons.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Second post, first abstract. My first was a ((edit: crappy)) ufo ((need to fix the aa)) on the "realistic" grouping. You people keep blowing me away, first back on page one with cjmcguinness's creepy, twisted bowels abstract all the way to possum roadkill's shiny ribbon abstract. So here are mine mostly inspired by madjik's tutorial from his hex plug-in. I used his hex for the wormhole and jsonchiu's diagonal lines for the orange eyeball thing.

wormhole:

wormhole.png

the eye:

orange_eye.png

My deepest thanks to the paint.net creator and all of the plug-in creators. You've made graphic art construction and learning available to so many who can't afford photoshop ('course pdn seems comparable or better than ps :) )

galactic_military_sig2.png

... You people keep blowing me away, first back on page one with cjmcguinness's creepy, twisted bowels abstract all the way to possum roadkill's shiny ribbon abstract. ....

My deepest thanks to the paint.net creator and all of the plug-in creators. You've made graphic art construction and learning available to so many who can't afford photoshop ('course pdn seems comparable or better than ps :) )

So well stated. It really is amazing isn't it? I could never afford PS and had been using a 1999 version of Paint Shop Pro until I tried PdN. This has really changed things for me and I greatly appreciate the creators and everyone who has contributed to this effort.

@Xander_Lyon I really like the eye that is really awesome ! You have really gotten off to a great start with PdN !

... You people keep blowing me away, first back on page one with cjmcguinness's creepy, twisted bowels abstract all the way to possum roadkill's shiny ribbon abstract. ....

So well stated. It really is amazing isn't it? I could never afford PS and had been using a 1999 version of Paint Shop Pro until I tried PdN. This has really changed things for me and I greatly appreciate the creators and everyone who has contributed to this effort.

@Xander_Lyon I really like the eye that is really awesome ! You have really gotten off to a great start with PdN !

Thanks, Possum :) Madjik's another brilliant artist around here. I haven't tried many other options but it occurs to me that any tool that can create layers of the same pattern that enlargen can follow his same tutorial for the hexfield.

Thanks, Possum :) Madjik's another brilliant artist around here. I haven't tried many other options but it occurs to me that any tool that can create layers of the same pattern that enlargen can follow his same tutorial for the hexfield.