Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

Thanks for all these comments

@nab: this picture is wonderful, it seems as if these white things are moving

@oma: your picture is awesome, gene roddenberry would be proud to use it as background for star trekposters i think :wink:

thanks Tilo too bad I'd have to go into outer space to ask him. LOL! maybe his particles are part of the wormholes in my image. he passed away back in the 1980's , and his ashes are scattered in space.

ciao

it's pretty cool intel, my suggestion is to change the background to something more orignal though, clouds are always used t much...

Ok thanks. What to you think would look better? And is the color palette any good? Thanks!

just a little play

remember last time forum was down for over a day. I said I spent the time playing with equations.

and sinwaves and sincurves.

anyone hazzard a guess to how any of this was done.

hint: there is polarinversion in there on at least one layer perhaps more..... LOL!

pawn.png

it's pretty cool intel, my suggestion is to change the background to something more orignal though, clouds are always used t much...

Ok thanks. What to you think would look better? And is the color palette any good? Thanks!

ah, sorry for not responding I hadn't checked this in a while :)

I'd go for a dark texture, something like this: http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/packs/cry ... m?3#anchor although with a distorted grid-like feature. the colour palette is nice, but it didn't stand out as it should have on the previous background.

and oma, that's very nice, the four "bubbles" give it a nice touch. Only critism is that it does look very stretched by places, and as with a lot of abstracts, it's a little too symmetric, even with the different colour lines.

:lol::lol: look again those shapes are not really symetric. ... flat top on some round top on others its semi symetric but not totally. :lol: the only copied and flipped pieces are the four corners.

the stretch you are seeing is likely insideout and polar inversion from max settings. .

ciao

PS most of my test pieces are semi symetric patterns that's how I determine what each plugin does and doesn't do.

@ Oma: that image is insane(in a good way)

did you by any chance start with something like a chess piece?

@ Oma: that image is insane(in a good way)

did you by any chance start with something like a chess piece?

thanks you

here are the settings

I also did some outline on an angle after these two settings.

pawn1.jpg

pawn2.jpg

Hello everybody ... :D

I would be very interested about what you think about my last wallpaper, completly Made in PDN. :)

fiction133.jpg

Of course, the most you make criticals, the most I'll be happy to read you. :mrgreen:

As always Oma ... beautiful beyond words :wink:

Patarien ... nice choice of colours, personally I think it would look better without the stripes/ lines across the centre ... and of course someone else may love them :D Keep it up and enjoy your time here :wink:

Swan Song

th_SwanSong.png

... M u t e d a n d u n d e r s t a t e d , j u s t l i k e m e ...

Hello everybody ... :D

I would be very interested about what you think about my last wallpaper, completly Made in PDN. :)

fiction133.jpg

Of course, the most you make criticals, the most I'll be happy to read you. :mrgreen:

Very nice. I like the various gradients and color combinations. It has a very soothing look.

As always Oma ... beautiful beyond words :wink:

Patarien ... nice choice of colours, personally I think it would look better without the stripes/ lines across the centre ... and of course someone else may love them :D Keep it up and enjoy your time here :wink:

Swan Song

th_SwanSong.png

... M u t e d a n d u n d e r s t a t e d , j u s t l i k e m e ...

I really like this. Unusual colors. For some reason it makes me think of water. Did you ever see the movie "The Abyss"? It makes me think of the beings in the abyss.

I have done a few abstracts but not many. This is one I did a few weeks ago.

Ribbons.png

Second post, first abstract. My first was a ((edit: crappy)) ufo ((need to fix the aa)) on the "realistic" grouping. You people keep blowing me away, first back on page one with cjmcguinness's creepy, twisted bowels abstract all the way to possum roadkill's shiny ribbon abstract. So here are mine mostly inspired by madjik's tutorial from his hex plug-in. I used his hex for the wormhole and jsonchiu's diagonal lines for the orange eyeball thing.

wormhole:

wormhole.png

the eye:

orange_eye.png

My deepest thanks to the paint.net creator and all of the plug-in creators. You've made graphic art construction and learning available to so many who can't afford photoshop ('course pdn seems comparable or better than ps :) )

... You people keep blowing me away, first back on page one with cjmcguinness's creepy, twisted bowels abstract all the way to possum roadkill's shiny ribbon abstract. ....

My deepest thanks to the paint.net creator and all of the plug-in creators. You've made graphic art construction and learning available to so many who can't afford photoshop ('course pdn seems comparable or better than ps :) )

So well stated. It really is amazing isn't it? I could never afford PS and had been using a 1999 version of Paint Shop Pro until I tried PdN. This has really changed things for me and I greatly appreciate the creators and everyone who has contributed to this effort.

@Xander_Lyon I really like the eye that is really awesome ! You have really gotten off to a great start with PdN !

... You people keep blowing me away, first back on page one with cjmcguinness's creepy, twisted bowels abstract all the way to possum roadkill's shiny ribbon abstract. ....

So well stated. It really is amazing isn't it? I could never afford PS and had been using a 1999 version of Paint Shop Pro until I tried PdN. This has really changed things for me and I greatly appreciate the creators and everyone who has contributed to this effort.

@Xander_Lyon I really like the eye that is really awesome ! You have really gotten off to a great start with PdN !

Thanks, Possum :) Madjik's another brilliant artist around here. I haven't tried many other options but it occurs to me that any tool that can create layers of the same pattern that enlargen can follow his same tutorial for the hexfield.

Thanks, Possum :) Madjik's another brilliant artist around here. I haven't tried many other options but it occurs to me that any tool that can create layers of the same pattern that enlargen can follow his same tutorial for the hexfield.

Well, first I posted this in the "Desktop Art" forum, but I never saw the big "Abstract Images" one underneath. :oops:

Anyway, hears mine

Hidden Content:
abstract4.jpg

I'd like to hear what you think :D

Swalski

Well, first I posted this in the "Desktop Art" forum, but I never saw the big "Abstract Images" one underneath. :oops:

Anyway, hears mine

Hidden Content:
abstract4.jpg

I'd like to hear what you think :D

Swalski