Image Umbrella: Abstract Images

david.atwell

Soul: Your first one is soo awesome, and I like how its not in the center [br]

Goon:yours is sweet too, but i'd also like to see the images you started with :)

You can see it in my gallery :wink:

soul41 - nice image, how about a bit of colour though? :)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

@Soul, your second abstract 'explosion' is very cool.

My second one wasn't and explosion though... :roll:

Thanks, but I think your 'explosion' abstract tops it. Was my original inspiration, I just couldn't quite replicate the technique so I went a different way.

Much thanks man, but yours, IMO, is much better... :P

AbstractSmudgeZCTv2.png

Oma the lensflares / highlights really add a nice touch! Great job

Pimwing - I love the lighting on your piece - how did you create that 3D effect?

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

drew a line across the canvas filled both sides with a different colour and then use fragment blur to create a sorta tube schape.

oh and i used curves +

sig.png

ohh, the second one is very nice! even the colours are good!

WW3tz.jpg

"Ah, i love it when huge pineapples try to take over the world, it makes me sentimental :')"

-Stephan

Trying out some lighting thoughts:

fishies.png

Tools used: Line, Paintbrush, Gradient

Effects: Gaussian Blur, Zoom Blur Deluxe, Align Object (Always), Soften Portrait, Sharpen, Clouds

Total Time: About 45 minutes

To be honest, there is a stock, because I was playing around with some random site's background before I decided to make the pic.

So here it is, from Runescape.com, I doubt you'll be able to recognize it within the picture itself.

If you have any questions feel free to ask while the answers are fresh in my mind.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Forum was down since yesterday?

Tilo.. Good job on last two abstracts, especially this one:

th_plasma.jpg

Plasma title fits the subject well, just keep it, the mixture of the colors you achieved is very good, smart using of PolarInversion, I like the result very much, thanks for sharing.

007 Nab I like the simplicity and calmness of the (scene) very much, I mean the simplicity of the view not the work, I know you spent long time to do that I can see all the details are perfectly done, the light source is good too and those (3 soft creatures) are nice too, well I like every thing in it you made a very good work, Oh and the colors (just blue and white woow)are so cool.