Image Umbrella: Image Modification/Manipulation

david.atwell

I think I've got the right umbrella thread for this - I'm sure someone will kick me off elsewhere if not.

Someone on a flickr group had a suggestion for modification of an image I had posted for critique. This was the result of the work I did using PDN. The background sunset was taken using a Pentax K100D DSLR and the helicopter using a Panasonic DMC TZ3 Point and Shoot.

I duplicated the helicopter layer, which is a B&W conversion of the original image - that conversion done in my RAW processor - Bibble Lite. I left the middle B & W layer as a mask and merged the top layer using "multiply" to get this end result that I was really pleased with:

War%20Horse%20-%20Sunset%20(Medium).jpg

Neil

The Sky is a Beautiful Place

Sig2.jpg

Max Power more funny than barkbark. Smiles!

NeilMacG I like that

heartsxpirates I like your picture. I hope you don't mind that I have been playing aroud with it.

th_guitarplayer3.png

th_guitarplayerframe.png

I did this for my granddaughter for fun

hannapink2.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

nice pic... kinda cool the fireworks in the hand (not much to say im new this is my first pic)

here's my pic i was trying to get it to be a flamy version of the battlefield logo thing.... but it turned out bloody... srry i can't seem to get the pic up to size ill give the image shack link here: http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/2182/battlefieldlogoqd3.jpg

Max Power more funny than barkbark. Smiles!

NeilMacG I like that

heartsxpirates I like your picture. I hope you don't mind that I have been playing aroud with it.

th_guitarplayer3.png

th_guitarplayerframe.png

I did this for my granddaughter for fun

hannapink2.png

no its cool, gald you like =]

can you make them bigger so i can see it better?

bad eyes x}

28u5r4o.png

425LedgerOlsenMaryKate080408.jpg

^Click for related news article^

425LedgerOlsenMaryKate080408-1.png

All PdN except for stock shown...

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Well, I have been using PDN for a few days now, so I figured I would try to become an active member and show off some of my work to get some lovely constructive criticism that I probably need. I have done a few tutorials in the past few days and this Manipulation of me took the longest ( because I just couldn't get it right....still haven't) so I figured I would see what you guys have to say. Well, I was trying to "deadify" myself.

Thanks and enjoy!

deadjustynbc6.jpg

~Nek

th_guitarplayer3.png

th_guitarplayerframe.png

no its cool, gald you like =]

can you make them bigger so i can see it better?

bad eyes x}

heartsxpirates click on them for larger image

Nekorb may I be the first to say gruesome.

This was from one of yahoo's most emailed images. I thought them a cute pair. 24day old giraffe and father.

giraffe1.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

It usually is, but Expired hasn't posted in a while :P

I like what you did with the pic, though personally I would only run the effect on the skin/hair - not the clothes and background. That way it wouldn't look like you just ran a full-canvas effect (like Soften Portrait).

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

It usually is, but Expired hasn't posted in a while :P

:lol::P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

"dodges" "looks around for the mass rush to the Image modification page*

hehe

Haha, it only works when I post an image. :wink:

@Excelsior: Looks good so far, is that explosion all PDN?

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

So I'm assuming you didn't make it?

Also, it's common practice to post the sources of the stocks you used in a photomanipulation; sometimes it's required due to licensing issues, other times, just to see what kind of work you put into it.

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

I wish I were good enough to make an explosion in PDN that good.

Maybe it can be a challenge for all the heavy hitters in the forums to make an explosion that well.

I'm not that good at PDN, but i don't think even Ash could make a proper realistic kind of nuclear explosion using 100% PDN. Or maybe he could.. :? :? :?

Well, techincally with a tablet or just using the paintbrush tool it would be possible, but it would take forever..

He is a robot after all.. hehe =P

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.