Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

That's just how he makes art. Isn't art a way to express yourself, and not prove how good you are?

Hmmm.....I seem to remember you also made comments like Blooper did here.

Remember what you've said here, or I will remind you. :wink:

One should also remember: Everybody have their own style, No one style is better than the other.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

@THS: I don't think anybody would mind, but remember it is against the Pictorium rules to post non Paint.NET created work ;)

As well, if some of you all may remember I am on a vacation to Colorado. Yesterday I spent around fifteen hours in the car and had some cool Paint.NET creations, but I like this new Anhelo Designs logo I created. It doesn't fit into the perspective of Anhelo and CMD's take on the logo will remain the default, but here it is anyways!

anhelodesignscarride.png

signature.png

That's just how he makes art. Isn't art a way to express yourself, and not prove how good you are?

Hmmm.....I seem to remember you also made comments like Blooper did here.

Remember what you've said here, or I will remind you. :wink:

One should also remember: Everybody have their own style, No one style is better than the other.

I really don't remember. Unless it's the Champjev incident. You don't have to remind me Ash, it's okay. :)

I think its excellent. Only thing i don't like is the border lol. :lol:

Comments on my sig/avatar?

Yeah I think I'll change it, doesnt suit me very well.

Very nice sig. Its simple, but the best kind as it shows skill.

In LFC4EVER's sig the name is reflected below it, I' ve seen this in many sigs/avys but how is it done? Is it just the water reflection effect or something else? (curious as my water reflection comes out too distorted topic>

Reflections are really easy to do now, as theres plugin for it (by Boltbait). [link]

If you wish to do it manually then here's how (for text, but it works for most things):

1) Duplicate text, it helps if the text is on a transparent layer.

2) on the duplicated layer, flip the text vertically.

3) then position the text to where you want it.

4) once the text is positioned, you can either use a transparency gradient on it :AlphaChannel: , or just lower the opacity of the layer. Use both together for best results IMO.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Reflections are really easy to do now, as theres plugin for it (by Boltbait). [link]

If you wish to do it manually then here's how (for text, but it works for most things):

1) Duplicate text, it helps if the text is on a transparent layer.

2) on the duplicated layer, flip the text vertically.

3) then position the text to where you want it.

4) once the text is positioned, you can either use a transparency gradient on it :AlphaChannel: , or just lower the opacity of the layer. Use both together for best results IMO.

Thank-you very much.

Actually, I was trying to avoid getting into 3D discussion with that peice, but that is actually me trying to replicated Jake2K's tutorial in a plugin. As well, i was working on some bending to give it a dual appearance. Is it a leaf, or trees? As simple as it may seem, it is a huge test canvas of fun goodies to be looking for ;)

signature.png

I think its excellent. Only thing i don't like is the border lol. :lol:

Comments on my sig/avatar?

If you can make the reflection follow the "curves" of the gradient, might look even better.

I don't quite understand what you mean Ash. Do you mean distort the reflection so it looks as if the reflection is on the curved part of the shelf. If not then could you explain more please. Thanks.

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

This has been bugging me, because a lot of people around the forum have been doing it. They put a small render inside of a long signature, creating a lot of boring space between the render and the other end of the signature. It disturbs me, maybe because I'm not used to spreading signatures out. But I think the signature would look so much better if you trimmed off 1/5 or 2/5 of the right side and make your name smaller. I'm sorry, but that style is kind of disturbing to me.

Me_Signature_by_Artiiste.png

Lego's deviantART.

La De Da...

This has been bugging me, because a lot of people around the forum have been doing it. They put a small render inside of a long signature, creating a lot of boring space between the render and the other end of the signature. It disturbs me, maybe because I'm not used to spreading signatures out. I'm sorry, but that style is kind of disturbing to me.

I have that same style of Empty Space in my sig, does it bother you there too? Because I did it completely on purpose :lol: - it's to keep it more interesting- almost like the rule of thirds - it kind of sets a mood to the signature. If it were right smack in the middle, I don't think it would draw as much attention.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!