Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

It's animated? *looks in wikipedia article* apparently safari doesn't support it, either. *looks at sig in firefox* Neat! :D

and in other good news-firefox is no longer doing that wierd buggy thing. :D

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

Having started with PDN only recently (last Wednesday), I am looking out for the easier tuts to begin with... and today, I found a reeeeaaaally easy signature tut.

It's based on the shwoop thing :D - hope it's not too unpretentious for you guys in here. I didn't read the whole thread as of yet, just pages 1-5 or so. It wouldn't do justice to all the work you've put in if I just rushed through all these pages, so I take my time and come back and see more. ;)

Here's the 2 sig's I did today.

#1) azy8q6btzcg5bsh99.jpg

#2) azy8qwzbow0sbvntp.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For another forum I did some avatars (for the team members - we are a group of individuals who rescue Hungarian dogs from being killed and find new homes for them in Germany). So one of the other tuts I saw yesterday was another how-to, dealing with how to create movements in a picture (animated gifs - I never did that before). So I downloaded this little program and got started. I just show one of the avatars, they are basically all the same, except for the dogs displayed.

The words in it say: "Every night I pray that you will find me" - and is hinting at a German pop song which is quite popular at the moment (there it goes: "every night I pray that I will find you"... oh well..) :)

azxsnyicvr92llvcm.gif

Kat- That is very sweet, rescuing dogs. The dogs in the avatar you showed us and your current avatar are adorable, they deserve a good home, as does every dog. I applaud your work.

The sig I like better is the second one, but is that a stock image? If it is, try playing with it a little more--show off your artistic talents.

Welcome to PDN!

Pretty nice, did you add the blood your self or was it with pic

also i did this

untitled.gif

If something is true that means the opposite is false and if that is true that means the opposite of that is false. So nothing is true or false. So what is this signature true false or nothing or everything? Confused much?

untitled.gif

The sig I like better is the second one, but is that a stock image? If it is, try playing with it a little more--show off your artistic talents.

By stock image you mean: was it there already? Yes it was, it came with my new computer a few months ago (which has Vista) and is one of the integrated image examples.

Artistic talents - oh well, I will have to dig deep in order to find some in me, but I promise I will try to! Thanks for the idea! :)

PS: In my personal avatar, the tiny black dog is NOT looking for a new home, she's been home with me now for a year. But she also came from there - as a pup she had been thrown out of a driving car and been rescued by some animal protectors. (Thank God! I'm so in love with her!) ;)

Pretty nice, did you add the blood your self or was it with pic

also i did this

untitled.gif

Yup, did the blood myself. Was a bit hard but easy at the same time, just a bit time consuming.

That must have taken a long time. I cant stand animation! Takes forever!

Still, looks cool.

Actually i have a good freeware animator program and it only took 12 frames :D i just saved them separately and put them in with a delay which made it have good timing. The programs called BMG (Beneton Movie Gif) :wink: and nice job doing that blood, like how do you do it do you just to dark red getting lighter or..?

If something is true that means the opposite is false and if that is true that means the opposite of that is false. So nothing is true or false. So what is this signature true false or nothing or everything? Confused much?

untitled.gif

Actually i have a good freeware animator program and it only took 12 frames :D i just saved them separately and put them in with a delay which made it have good timing. The programs called BMG (Beneton Movie Gif) :wink: and nice job doing that blood, like how do you do it do you just to dark red getting lighter or..?

Yeah, I think I'll pick it up. Seems better than my current one (UnFREEz).

Clouds lol. Using black and red, set the blend mode to...color burn (possibly overlay? Idr.), and transparency to about a hundred or something like that. Then I just erased the clouds part over the character. Came out like blood, didnt even know I could do that but I figure the best techniques are made just by messing around.

Yeah, I think I'll pick it up. Seems better than my current one (UnFREEz).

Clouds lol. Using black and red, set the blend mode to...color burn (possibly overlay? Idr.), and transparency to about a hundred or something like that. Then I just erased the clouds part over the character. Came out like blood, didnt even know I could do that but I figure the best techniques are made just by messing around.

I like making signatures that spin :D easy XD

killthehorde2.gif

untitled.gif

Kat- ... If it is, try playing with it a little more--show off your artistic talents.

Welcome to PDN!

So I tried to work a bit on the picture level - still with just the basic PDN program, no plug-ins as of yet. One of these days I will DL some of the important ones, I swear. I am confident enough now that I can handle it. :)

Now anyway, here are some variations:

Sig2b.jpg

Sig2a.jpg

Sig2c.jpg

Sig2d.jpg

Sig2e.jpg

Just variations of the kind I like... playing around with colors, blur and so on. In the 2nd picture I tried out what "curves" would do... that's quite incontrollable to me though... *hehe*

Kat- ... If it is, try playing with it a little more--show off your artistic talents.

Welcome to PDN!

So I tried to work a bit on the picture level - still with just the basic PDN program, no plug-ins as of yet. One of these days I will DL some of the important ones, I swear. I am confident enough now that I can handle it. :)

Now anyway, here are some variations:

Making progress. Keep playing around with PDN, and see what you can do!

Thanks eraser! I really feel like a baby (maybe a toddler) in a world full of vintage professionals. But that only goes for the expertise, otherwise I guess I could be one or the other user's granny... :mrgreen:

Thanks eraser! I really feel like a baby (maybe a toddler) in a world full of vintage professionals. But that only goes for the expertise, otherwise I guess I could be one or the other user's granny... :mrgreen:

I'm no professional. Trust me. But everyone feels like that when they're new. I still sometimes do! You'll get used to it if you stick around the forums, though. :wink: