Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

Could use a custom brush or two, and some color, and better text. Other then that, I like it. 6/10.. lacking some color. :/

well i downloaded a font but it wasnt working at the time :( and i was debating on colour and decided against it but yea its my fifth file on paint.net so im pretty damn proud haha :D

castlevania_alex_sig.jpg

I like that faint tiling effect (pixelate?) you have going on there, but the text is extremely hard to read. When I first looked at it, I could only see "own100." :|

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Yeah do you do that on purpose? Beacuse the same 'hard to read' text thing is going on in your current...

Dup the text layer, and add a 1-2px gaussian blur to the bottom one - then invert colors and lower opacity -- this will bring out the text a tad, while still preserving the effect.

I'm sorry if this post seemed harsh, Sabrown, it isn't meant to be -- just a contrsuctive comment.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Very cool icon! I would have expected a different method of making it

How so?

Here's something fun:

futuramaiconax6.png

futurama's funny :lol:

I thought you would have used motion blurs for the 'depth' layer, instead of just using different colors of the same layer. That's just judging by the way you rendered the 3D text in your tutorials.

I dunno - you kept things simple, and i was thinking it out more complicated than it needd to be :wink:

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

Nice concept, but it's hard on the eyes, and not easy to pick the text out from the background. Maybe put a small background right behind the text, like a white fill with low opacity?

Edit: After a second look, it doesn't seem so bad. So you can disregard all of the above, if you want. Cool effect on the text!