Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

That's good, Zehro. Blend the render a bit and you're set.

Are those "shapes" in the background PDN, or C4Ds?

PDN. The right side was a bit of the splatter tool. And the left was just simple rectangles with some stuff done to them (Zoomblue deluxe and some other things). The sparkle came with the render.

MageZehro.gif

Okay... Mike, yours is great, but I think that you need to change the arrangement of things. In your current one, the cutouts are on the top right, and your name is on the left. The new one has pretty much the same layout. I'd suggest putting the "bite" cutout on the left side, and the text in the bottom right corner.

TopHATslash, I think that you could make the text easier to read, because I can hardly see it, and you could also add some light on the right side.

Okay... Mike, yours is great, but I think that you need to change the arrangement of things. In your current one, the cutouts are on the top right, and your name is on the left. The new one has pretty much the same layout. I'd suggest putting the "bite" cutout on the left side, and the text in the bottom right corner.

TopHATslash, I think that you could make the text easier to read, because I can hardly see it, and you could also add some light on the right side.

MORE light? Or you mean on the render?

How about this?

spring_sig2.png

signature.png

Okay... Mike, yours is great, but I think that you need to change the arrangement of things. In your current one, the cutouts are on the top right, and your name is on the left. The new one has pretty much the same layout. I'd suggest putting the "bite" cutout on the left side, and the text in the bottom right corner. TopHATslash, I think that you could make the text easier to read, because I can hardly see it, and you could also add some light on the right side.

MORE light? Or you mean on the render?

Ohh, sorry, I meant the left side. :oops: I was in a hurry...

How about this?

spring_sig2.png

That's great, exactly what I meant. :)

Very Nice. However it is a bit empty on the right.

My newest sig. Could someone tell me where to put the text? I couldn't find a decent place to put it.

Here's my spiel:

Zehro, I think that you have text-related problems. In the three signatures of yours that I've seen, you've had a pretty normal looking and standard font, and it has been in a place that makes it look like it was just jammed in there last thing. I think that it would suit you well to do some cool effects on the text, and have it be understated, not a point of attraction. An example of this is Blooper's signature, you should find one of his posts and check it out.

...I write too much... :roll:

I've been looking around for text tutorials for sigs forever. I found two. And they weren't that great. As livewrong said, it's just like the signature of the artist on a painting. Not very important but still there, it shouldn't be a focus point. And making it flow the direction your render goes (see sig) works well too, although it doesn't have to be that way.

Harryrapturesaturated.png

Any suggestions before I use this as my sig (on another forum)?

Now that I am getting slightly better at making art with PDN, I'm running into the same problem.. Where to place sig text that is easy to read and yet not distractive - especially on sigs. Any text placement tutorials would be appreciated.

And to keep the flow of this Topic, here's another sig i made :D :

Bourne3-1.jpg

And yes, keeping true to form, I horribly placed the text :cry: . Too bad I didn't saved the PDN file.

I've been looking around for text tutorials for sigs forever. I found two. And they weren't that great. As livewrong said, it's just like the signature of the artist on a painting. Not very important but still there, it shouldn't be a focus point. And making it flow the direction your render goes (see sig) works well too, although it doesn't have to be that way.

Harryrapturesaturated.png

That's cool Blooper...seems you've figured it out. :)

th_Harryrapturesaturated.png

The text, the entire sig or Ash's S3D method?

th_Harryrapturesaturated.png

The text, the entire sig or Ash's S3D method?

I think he means all of the above.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]