Yellowman

yellowman

I'm this type of person where the busier the image the better it is. :):) I love both 'Quantum09' and 'NewWorlds.' Wow! You're an amazing artist. The spaceships remind me of Goons'. Amazing spacescapes and beautiful and inventive spacecrafts. Wow!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

:shock:wow you just keep amazing me with every image you do. That is a wonderful spacescape mate and a wonderful ship. One of the best spacescapes i have seen in a while

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

@ Dark Zarosia, thank you, and yes 100% PDN :)

@ HELEN, Thank you very much for nice compliment, I am glad you like them

@ janettsue, Thanks so much, appreciate your nice and kind words

@ theonlychad, thanks mate, the looks cartoon-y style :lol: isn't it? It was another attempt with Quad/Reshape... plugin

@ welshblue, :lol: thank you mate, those S3D shapes are old from my MotherBlue spaceship image, well actually I like busy image those make you lost in it, but the problem in my image was the spacecrafts were incompatible with the rest of the background.

....Mercy....

th_flowers.jpg

....Crystal....

th_3sis.jpg

Thanks HELEN, long steps but not worth a tutorial, here are the details, I hope its clear:

THE TEXTURE:

th_leaftexture.jpg

Do these settings exactly for 1, 2, 3 and 4 steps, and optional for the rest steps:

1-On 800 by 600, run cloud with black and gray=(RGB=128,128,128), it is the default light gray in the original color palette, run the cloud with these settings: Scale=50, Roughness=0.20

2-Splinter Blur with Lighten mode with these settings: Number of Splinters=32, all others on default

3-Run Toon plugin

4-Zoom the layer 2 or 3 pixels to get rid of the white borders generated with Toon.

-Duplicate layer and set the Blending mode to Multiply ( or as you like)

-Tile Image plugin the top layer to: H=2, V=2

-Engrave/Emboss the bottom layer use Emboss for style with width=2 pixels

-Invert colors of top layer and run Engrave/Emboss plugin using Engrave Style with width=1 pixel

-Run Sepia plugin to full amount on top layer

-Hue/Saturation top layer to green (just slide the Hue to something between 50-90)

-Flatten

LEAF MASK:

-On a black layer draw the leaf shape with white

-Make a black line in the center of the leaf from top to bottom

-Use my

to do the veins for the leaf

-Use this mask to cut out the leaves from the texture layer above.

HIGHLIGHT

-Select the white area from the mask using Global Magic Wand and turn off this mask layer

-Keeping the selection on, add a new layer and run BoltBait 's Bevel Selection plugin to the desired amount and colors, usually yellow (or light green) to Dark green one for Highlight and other for Shadow, and give it some transparency.

-Make few leaves and arrange them.

th_leaf.gif

Amazing images Yellowman! At first I thought Mercy was the best , looking at the thumbnails, and it is a beautiful flower. But when you click on Crystal and see it full size all the little details pop out and it really comes alive! I can see why you chose the name.I can just see the light twinkling in the sun. Excellent. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 2 weeks later...

@ Goonfella, thank you very much mate and appreciate your comment.

@ sokagirl, thanks so much, you said everything and more I a appreciate every word.

@ hippotipus, thanks, Shape 3D is really an amazing plugin, endless possibilities in it.

@ HELEN, you are very welcome, and thank you.

@ Lance McKnight, the rose that nemo created is really unbeatable, I feel sorry because he left the forum, I was waiting to see a tutorial from him on how to do those realistic roses or even a tip, thank you mate very much.

@ NoNonsense, thank you very much, and for the planet with rings you can use this excellent tutorial by jsonchiu

Some gold stuff hope you will like it:

th_goldballs1000.jpg

You're amazing, yellowman. Your work is outstanding and always so perfect. I'd like to have a few hints on how you did the spheres (the reflection parts). I would probably do it the very long way, but if yours is easier, please share it. Awesome work once again! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 4 weeks later...

Superb. You really get the feeling that the shock wave is heading this way and about to engulf those two planets. I do think you could cut down on the number of stars in the background just outside the shockwave though. Don`t forget how bright a supernova is , probably drowning out all except the brightest of stars around it so you could easily get away with showing fewer of them in the background. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN