Yellowman

yellowman

Yellowman, I thought I heard something land in back of my yard. :shock: Sure enough, the same burning meteorite was right in front of my window. I quickly put on my fleece bathrobe and stepped outside carefully; I wanted to put the fire down, but its orange flickering tongues kept warning me not to come close by. All of sudden, it was lifted with such great speed, that my house rumbled and the meteorite disappeared to the sky. The noise of a rocket launch echoed in the cold, crisp air. I watched in awe as it left a fiery tail etched in the sky for a long while.

I get these story moments when I look at such vivid images. Amazing!!!! :shock: :shock:

The sparks image is really cool, too and the planet is purely outstanding!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@theonlychad, thanks :)

@nemo, I told you nemo, they are not going your way, see one of them found its way and landed in HELEN 's backyard.

And yes nemo, when I open PDN , I keep draw and draw image over image on same file, open new layers and start continuing, stacks of images on top each others, lol , then go back in history and start saving, that's why you think me stick on a theme, but they are all works made in same hour, on same file, and related to each other.

@HELEN, wow not just ideas for drawings, but also thoughts of stories, I thought you were telling us a true event :) good imagination,

are you going to put a short story on each image in your book?

Oh and thank you very much for the comment.

@oma, thanks oma :lol: PDN is like a video game to me I do several projects whenever I start PDNing, but discard most of them, I like that man on fire. Just wanna start a big project but have no mood.

@welshblue, Thanks mate, isn't it nice story from HELEN? I was thinking same thing like that when I was drawing it, because nemo and me had a conversation about meteoroids a couple days ago.

@sokagirl, thanks so much, don't go so close,ok but at your own risk,

just goes to show you put a hell of a lot more into your work than some people realise, and all within ther hour. Jeepers :shock:

edit: glad its not coming my way even though it turned out to be a nice thought of inspirational writing for HELEN :lol:

Love the lost ember! The flames are fabulous...your work is really beautiful.

From what you have described it seems that our working style is very similar. That is why sometimes there is a huge output & it seems to follow a theme.

Glad the ember wasn't lost to us :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 5 weeks later...

Amazing :shock: I play around with splinter quite a bit, but I've never seen anything like that using that plug-in. WB is right, you never seem to stop amazing me with the new things you do. Great stuff. I love to stop by your gallery to look at some of your past work. I have to say that the glass fish still makes me laugh. So original !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@theonlychad, thanks, the method is very easy, but the trick is in the image, you have to choose an image having elements with sharp edges and high contrast to apply this technique on it, image with gradient colors won't work so well, usually flowers work very well.

Anyways,

1-Try to make the background very dark, it doesn't have to be Perfect just darken the bright spots around your object.

2-Duplicate it twice (make it 3 layers)

3-Set the blend mode of the top layer to Difference or Xor, you should see it now full black.

4-Move the top layer 1, 2 or 3 pixels up and/or side ( depend on size of the image), using arrow keys on your keyboard, do that till you see all the edges clearly.

5-Now merge this layer to the one below, and adjust the contrast to get very bright white edges.( Toon plugin and Stylize>Outline plus Negative, work sometimes when you apply them directly on one layer to detect the edges without doing step 2 to 5)

6-Now apply the splinter blur with full number of splinters, Distance about 40 to 50 as you liking, and choose Lighten mode.

7-Play with the blend mode of this splinted layer and darken and blur the last layer below till you get the effect you like.

You can repeat step 6 once or twice after duplicating the layer and apply different Distance in the splinter then set the blend to lighten or screen or...etc( I applied it twice on the lion image). Hope its clear, by practicing will be very easy to you and know which images work better.

@welshblue, :) mate thanks a lot for the compliment, same here I see you one of the best in here you great work really amazing me.

@sokagirl, barbieq25 thank you very much for your comments, sorry sokagirl I didn't comment lately on your image I was little busy, but believe me I saw most of them and all are great and awesome.

@Possum Roadkill, thanks man, you too have great work, and some awesome ideas, I gave some tips above if you interested on this technique.

I called this Crown, it is 100% PDN:

th_waterdrop600.png

wow another brilliant image mate :D i love it. And very intriguing method on the lion i have been playing around with stocks lately and my sig is a result of that :D

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Okay, when I saw the lion, my heart almost stopped immdediately. I was trying to achieve the same effect (only on a tiger and bird) because I saw it on Google and I thought it was really cool. It's so weird. :shock: :shock: But you're the one who did this, so you get the credit. It's amazing!!!! The "Crown" is just pure wisdom! I love looking in your gallery because everything is so professional and inspiring as well. WOW!!! (Did you post these images on the other forum?)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you: theonlychad, sokagirl ( really missed you nice work), oma, HELEN, barbieq25, Goonfella and janettsue, all of you for passing by and leave a comment.

And Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to every one on the board, may the new year "2010" brings happiness and piece to every one, and I hope all your dreams and wishes come true in the new year.

Haven't logged-in for a while, I have two new space images, hope you will like them :) :

Silence Of The Deep

th_SilenceOfTheDeep.jpg

Delightful........

th_spacemone.jpg