Yellowman

yellowman

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/sargon2/pdn/neverflied.jpg

This is completely awesome! My fiancee and I have recently been turned onto steampunk, so every time I see something in that vein, I take notice. Nicely done, sir! So much intricate work involved. Your patience must be profound. Can't quibble with the results, that's for sure.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/sargon2/realistic/fonograf.jpg

This is an exquisite piece of work. I'd be interested to know what tools you used to achieve the textures, as well as the shape of the horn.

All in all, your gallery is most impressive, Yellowman. I'm anxious to see more.

• 3 weeks later...

@ jim, thanks you very much mate, I am glad you liked them.

@ Rockandroll, thanks for the nice comment, I am so glad to hear that from you, you have some impressive work, that made me thinking if I am using PDN in its right way after seeing your work.

@ Helen, thanks so much, your comments always give encouragement to me, and I am sure to everyone here as well.

The twins textures are two screenshots from Google Maps, both zoomed from north of Russia, and shaped using S3D, a fun and fast method of creating planets from real texture :) :

th_TheTwins.jpg

Yellowman... even though I am not a huge fan of spacescapes, I have to say that this is really cool! I love the way the sun looks and the streak of light (milkyway swoosh?) looks with the planets aligned infront of it. I have found myself just staring at it and seeing more and more detail and "things" as I stare! Very NICE!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

I like the sun flares. Way too many sci-fi books over time and all the art that goes with it. This has the qualities of both rendered and painted space expression without looking "off." Wonderful combo in my book. (Pun intended.)

The red banding/density on the stars from the background is also something that is probably helping set the entire tone and blend.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

@ barbieq, wow thanks for the great comment, I am glad you liked it.

@ zookey, Thank you very much, and yes it is a galaxy with nebula mixed ( a dusty density space ).

@ HELEN, thank you very much, it wasn't meant to be a realistic view, there was some exaggeration especially on the Sun's corona and the dust, but looks it came out acceptable as a spcescape.

@ delpart, :) thank you for saying so, I was simulating the corona effect of the sun without covering the disk itself as they usually do, just to give some attention to the gas/dust around the sun. The galaxy/nebula of the background, is about the 5th or 6th attempt I wasn't satisfied with any, even this one it has some mistakes in the stars, I know this always happens when I merge some already blended layers instead of flatten the image at once.

@ Dug, thanks so much, good to say so about the depth, I was very careful to not use the Gaussian blur on the background ( only on the stars) to keep the details sharp and clear, and looks like it came out effective.

Thanks everyone again for the nice comments.

Absolutely fabulous pieces mate! The Phonograph is just waiting for someone to come along a turn the handle. Great textures and metalwork. I think Neverflied is even better. All that intricate pipework is incredible. All it needs now is to be animated so we can see all the cogs and pulleys at work. Brilliant. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

• 7 months later...

Oh my gosh! Like seriously, I don't know how to express my feelings about your work. Welsh makes a good point that you show what PDN's really made of. I, too, wish you be King of 2012. You truly deserve it. And I also wish we could choose more than one King and Queen because I have a few in mind... :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Goonfella, Drydareelin, Red ochre, welshblue, HELEN, nanettealsop, barbieq25,

Thank you very much and I appreciate your comments, barbie, you haven't missed anything, it is old and been there for long time, I haven't updated my gallery for almost 6 months, sorry. :).

Happy Halloween everyone:

halloween1.jpg

Edited by yellowman

Sargon, for some reason, I've never seen it. Maybe it was a lack of visiting your gallery, but knowing myself, I'm constantly checking up on everyone's galleries just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Maybe it disappeared for a while...

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Happy Halloween to you too! I hope you are safe & stay that way :)

There are times that we miss seeing posts & that happens for a variety of reasons but I am glad I saw it at last.

Your pumpkin looks scary & cute at the same time :P

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It`s been a while since I took a good look at your gallery Yellowman. Sorry about that. What a treat! So many awesome images . The one that really stuck out for me was the gold and diamond brooch. Those diamonds are simply amazing! The faceting, lighting and reflections are just perfect. They look just like the real thing.

All your work is beautifully finished and well worth browsing through. Nice one. sHa_thumb2.gif

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN