This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

I hope you like this.

Okay, the plugins you will need are:

Inside Out

Zoom Blur Deluxe

Anyway here is a finished product:

poisonorb.jpg

Anyway, lets begin.

1. Open a blank canvas (any size) and use Paint Bucket (:PaintBucket:) tool to fill it in completely black.

2. Make a New Layer (:LayersAddNewLayer:). Use Julia Fractal (:JuliaFractalEffect:) effect (Effects > Render > Julia Fractal) with the following settings.

juliafractalsettins.png

Note: Here play with the colors using Color Tint (Effects > Color > Color Tint) or Curves (Adjustments > Curves (  Curves-Effect.png  ) to make more interesting orbs.

3. Use Zoom Blur Deluxe effect with the following settings.

zoomblurdeluxesettings.png

4. Use the Inside Out effect and you should come up with this.

afterinsideout.jpg

Addition: Apply AA's_Assistant  (Effects > Object > AA's_Assistant) effect if you are not satisfied with the white outline around the orb

AAs-Assistant.png

and you get this result

afterassistant.jpg

5. Create a New Layer (:LayersAddNewLayer:) and use Paint Bucket (:PaintBucket:) tool to fill it in with white. (Yes it's all white now but don't worry we'll fix it.)

6. Go to the Layer Properties (:LayersLayerProperties:) or press F4 and select the Overlay blending mode. Remember we are still in Layer 3.

layer3properties.png

7. Flatten (:LayersMergeLayerDown:) the image (first Layer 2 and Background, then Layer 3 and Background). BUT WAIT: IMPORTANT! If you are going to play with the settings of the orb leave it on a seperate layer.

8. Use some glow and play around with it. I got many different results. Hope you liked this tutorial as it was my first THANK YOU! Also remember to keep the orb on a seperate layer if you are going to fiddle with it

powerorb2.jpg

Addition: You can apply other effects to make the image more colorful. Below is an example of applying the Radial Prism (Effects > Color > Radial Prism)effect to a colored image.

othereffect.png

In step 2, you can also apply any other effect that generates a pattern (for example: Clouds (:CloudsEffect:),  or Turbulence (Turbulence-Icon.png), or Julia Plus effect, or some other effects from the MadJik' all plugins pack by @MadJik, or other authors).

Add-ons and editing by ReMake.

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg

Sorry about that I really tried to find it but I couldn't.

[EDIT] Wait I think I found it. I believe it is in the Ed-Harvey effects or The T-Jackson Effects Thats all I know at the moment soz

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

An intriguing effect I acquired from using more layers of white then making them overlay. Afterwards I made a new layer and used steps 2-4 except with a mandelbot fractal. Using a mode of darken. Then I used steps 5+6.

neworbqk4.png

A little extra for my last post play with the mode a little bit. You will get a variety of cool effects. Also tell everyone about this tutorial I at least want some people to look at it.

Thank you @ReMake  <3   The orb, does indeed, look very cool. Have to give it a go!  :)

• Like 1

Here's my go at it:

coolorb.png

Many possibilities with some simple tweaks.  Love it!

Everyone's 'orbs' are just beautiful!  <3

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 3