Malazars Image Gallery

Malazar

I did that then I merged the layers after making a new layer to add background Gears of War 2 landscape

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

new_signature_by_falltodarkness-d3i6it7.jpg

I did that then I merged the layers after making a new layer to add background Gears of War 2 landscape

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

"A single enduring statement can grant immortality." -Author Unknown (This is what we call "Irony")

better ! I'm liking you getting into more sophisticated coloration. using the more button beside the color wheel instead of just the set colors in the original paint.net pallet.

now lets see if you can work on using multiple layers and adding to this image.

perhaps try a duplication layer of what you have here. set top one to additive and then use edges.

on the top one do another whirl/twist. at a different setting.

one secret I find is a full of depth abstract takes time. I tend to do maybe 4 or 5 things, get up and leave the computor for about an hour or two or three then come back and look at it again. Most times my abstracts take about a week to do.

ciao

OMA

better ! I'm liking you getting into more sophisticated coloration. using the more button beside the color wheel instead of just the set colors in the original paint.net pallet.

now lets see if you can work on using multiple layers and adding to this image.

perhaps try a duplication layer of what you have here. set top one to additive and then use edges.

on the top one do another whirl/twist. at a different setting.

one secret I find is a full of depth abstract takes time. I tend to do maybe 4 or 5 things, get up and leave the computor for about an hour or two or three then come back and look at it again. Most times my abstracts take about a week to do.

ciao

OMA

Gee thanks oma. I will follow your advice. Hopefully I will one day be as good as you

Gee thanks oma. I will follow your advice. Hopefully I will one day be as good as you

I'm sure you will most likely be better in time. Don't forget you have the advantage of starting to draw at a much earlier age, I only started on computor a little over 2 years ago. :wink: Its just practice, have an open mind to tips and critiques. Also one way to really improve is to hand draw on paper as well, if you don't already . I found my paint.net skills really improved after I started doing that as well.

ciao and I'll be watching, I don't always leave a comment, but I try to make it to everyones gallery at least once a week.

OMA

I'm sure you will most likely be better in time. Don't forget you have the advantage of starting to draw at a much earlier age, I only started on computor a little over 2 years ago. :wink: Its just practice, have an open mind to tips and critiques. Also one way to really improve is to hand draw on paper as well, if you don't already . I found my paint.net skills really improved after I started doing that as well.

ciao and I'll be watching, I don't always leave a comment, but I try to make it to everyones gallery at least once a week.

OMA

Thanks LFC4EVER and oma my first 2 posts are hand-drawn and uploaded into the computer. I just played around with them on PDN. Also oma what did you mean by use edges on the top layer when you replied to "Firestorm". "Beauty without grace is the hook without the bait." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

Thanks LFC4EVER and oma my first 2 posts are hand-drawn and uploaded into the computer. I just played around with them on PDN. Also oma what did you mean by use edges on the top layer when you replied to "Firestorm". "Beauty without grace is the hook without the bait." -Ralph Waldo Emmerson

effects>stylize>edge detect. I'm fairly certain its a standard item and not a plug in but I could be wrong. that was just a suggestion. you could try other things. its just to let you know you need more to this one. don't stop yet! this picture isn't done.

ciao :wink: run with it experiment. remember there's always the back up button if you don;t like what its done... I use that a lot. :lol:

effects>stylize>edge detect. I'm fairly certain its a standard item and not a plug in but I could be wrong. that was just a suggestion. you could try other things. its just to let you know you need more to this one. don't stop yet! this picture isn't done.

ciao :wink: run with it experiment. remember there's always the back up button if you don;t like what its done... I use that a lot. :lol:

Excellent advice oma. A quick update on "Firestorm" I have made a stunning breakthrough. I will continue to piece together this master piece. And once it is completed I have a stunning announcement.