GEMSTONE V2 !

Ash

Thanks Ash, I'm already looking forward to the next version.

Gem.png

It's an old one, maybe I'll give it another try sometime.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I had a hard time keeping the ellipse shape of the gem symetrical. I know about the circle and the shift key, but when I went to squeeze the circle into an oval shape, I did it by eye, and thus my gem is not symmetrical. Also, any other pointers on how I could improve the image would be welcome. I used Ash's other tut to make the top part of the gem. I used Sarkut's tut for the gold band.

th_bluegemw.png

Edited by Bob11

I dunno Bob, it looks ok to me but I see where you are coming from. I've only ever started this tute & abandoned it in preference for other styles. What if you started with an ellipse?

The gold is really good but the blur is chopped off at the bottom. Likely because you've selected a rectangle & then blurred & it has gone too far or you blurred & it went off the page.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I dunno Bob, it looks ok to me but I see where you are coming from. I've only ever started this tute & abandoned it in preference for other styles. What if you started with an ellipse?

The gold is really good but the blur is chopped off at the bottom. Likely because you've selected a rectangle & then blurred & it has gone too far or you blurred & it went off the page.

I just made a few ellipses. You're right, of course. All perfectly symmetrical. And then I could just drag it by a corner to change its size. I don't know why I started using the rectangle selection tool to do this. I must have been using it in a lot of tuts lately.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...