How to Install Plugins ×

CodeLab v6.12 for Paint.NET 5.0.12 (Updated February 11, 2024)

On 2/14/2018 at 11:04 AM, BoltBait said:

read this page: http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/help/tutorial5.php where it says "Finally, right-click"

Not for the faint of heart.

I had a go with your lesson 5 and found it very difficult to create a new project in Visual Studio 2017. I finally got it to work by using your 2010 template. Not a big deal but I thought I would mention it.

The issue I was having was when I created a new project I couldn't link it to .net framework 4.7. It kept directing me to install. When I loaded your template - everything was linked fine.

Also the icon procedure wasn't successful. It would compile and create the DLL but Paint.Net wouldn't load the DLL.

Now if I could only understand the code....................B)

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Hi Andrew.

I also struggled with the same problems at first time, but I downloaded some source codes and studied them to find the solution.

I use Visual Studio Community 2015 with NET Framework 4.7 and I don't have any problems.

I can make a video for you if you wish.

Edited by xod

CodeLab 3.4 Released

This is only for Paint.NET 4.0.6+!

Small update today...

Changes:

▪ HiDPI Fixes and other UI tweaks. (toe_head2001 and BoltBait)
▪ Fixed bug where AutoComplete wouldn't work correctly if the 'Find & Replace' was being used. (toe_head2001)
▪ Add a Bookmarks margin. (toe_head2001)
▪ Shows Errors, Find, and Bookmarks in an Indicator Map (Ctrl+M). (toe_head2001)
▪ Format Document shortcut key changed to Ctrl+Q. (toe_head2001)
▪ Variables declared in sequence are now parsed. (toe_head2001)
▪ Correct Method overloads are now detected. (toe_head2001)

Grab the CodeLab DLL here:

http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/

• Upvote 1

• BoltBait changed the title to CodeLab v3.4 (for advanced users) Released February 17, 2018

Any chance users can disable autocomplete? I find it gets in my way a lot :( Sorry.

Edited - it wasn't intellisense I meant.

10 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Any chance users can disable autocomplete? I find it gets in my way a lot :( Sorry.

No, there isn't.  However, if you find that it isn't giving the right suggestions, you can press the Build button which kind of resets the system.  If there are no build errors, the suggestions should improve.

6 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I find it gets in my way a lot

How so? Does it give incorrect object names? Are you a "L337 H4x0r" who doesn't need it?

Does the AutoComplete in Visual Studio get in your way too?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

On 2/18/2018 at 4:09 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I find it gets in my way a lot

This afternoon, Boltbait and I identified a few issues with the AutoComplete box. These will be fixed in the next release.

• Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

I find autocomplete too aggressive when I'm copying & pasting then editing. When I use the Spacebar in this situation it autocompletes.

I'll make a video when I get time.

Superstars :star: both of you...  Thank you!

• Like 1

Here's a little something to help C# newbies dealing with errors that they don't fully understand. You'll be able to look up Error Codes on docs.microsoft.com.

errorLookUp.png

In the example above, clicking that context menu item will open:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/language-reference/compiler-messages/CS0266

• Upvote 4

bp-sig.png

CodeLab 3.5 Released

This is only for Paint.NET 4.0.6+!

Small update today...

Changes:

▪ Fixed: Local Variables not always displaying in the AutoComplete box. (toe_head2001)
▪ Fixed: Auto Completion triggered when there were no suitable matches. (toe_head2001)
▪ Auto Completion's best suggestions now match case of what you're typing. (toe_head2001)
▪ Errors are now again enumerated when building a DLL file. (toe_head2001)
  (This was lost during the refactoring for the Effect Preview.) 
▪ All built-in effects now available in "File > New" templates. (BoltBait)
▪ Redesigned the Variable Rename menu to be less obnoxious and more discoverable. Shows up as a Light Bulb now. (toe_head2001)
▪ Added a context menu to the Error box. (toe_head2001 and BoltBait)
  Options for 'Copy Error Message', 'View Full Error', and 'Look up Error Code'. 
▪ Tooltips now display on raw values (ex: "myString", 'c', 5.1m, 5, 3f, ect.). (toe_head2001)
▪ Fixed a minor bug in GoToDefinition. (toe_head2001)
▪ Fixed a possible crash with Method overload detection. (toe_head2001)
▪ Improved the switch snippet. (BoltBait)
▪ Build now triggered after snippet inserted. (toe_head2001 and BoltBait)

▪ All compiler warnings now ignored. (BoltBait)
▪ UI tweaks. (BoltBait)
▪ Fixed the Cut and Replace icons to make them more visible on Dark theme. (BoltBait)
▪ Editor Tooltips are now themed (Light / Dark). (toe_head2001)
▪ WhiteSpace indicator dots are now scaled with DPI. (toe_head2001)

▪ CodeLab will only check freshness every 7 days. (BoltBait)

Grab the CodeLab DLL here:

http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/

Screenshot(s):

CodeLab35UI.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• BoltBait changed the title to CodeLab v3.5 (for advanced users) Released February 24, 2018

I agree that in that specific example, it is hard to tell which word is highlighted because it is mixing the selection color with the current line highlight and the current word highlight and similar words are highlighted right above and below the one that is highlighted.

However, if you highlight Amount2, for example, it is still quite visible.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pratyush said:

I must admit that I have  come to like Codelab more than Visual Studio, because how fast and easy it is see the output of a code using preview option.

Me too, but in the end I convert to VS for the plugin browser and the multi language capability.