Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

3 hours ago, Pixey said:

I have removed the black and white keyboard image in the title. 

I was fond of the little keyboard image accompanying (so to speak) the topic title.  I just thought there needed to be a fuller description of the topic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MJW said:

I was fond of the little keyboard image accompanying (so to speak) the topic title.

It was cute wasn't it t4525.gif  But, I guess because there are musical keyboards that don't look like that, it was probably better to nix it 😁

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Manc said:

It say's you cannot receive messages.🙃 

Might pay to clean out your old PM's ;)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Manc said:

t say's you cannot receive messages.🙃 

Hi @Manc first thing; please can you not post questions in the Poll area, but use the Competitions > Discussions > OotF - thanks :)

Perhaps your PM box is too full, this is how to clean out your box:

delete-PM-s.png

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone been dealing with stuff and work so have not checked here. Congratulations to all the great entries and comments. Special thanks @MJW for your comment as you deserve a double congrats too :) and a yay for being the winnere. I agree surprisingly simple object but difficult to come up with something that was different but still a paper clip. I will not take a paper clip for granted 🤣.

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

5 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Pixie your glasses look excellent.. I would like to know if you used the shapemaker?

Thank you @Kamikaze I have moved your comment to the Discussion thread, as we like to keep the actual entries areas just for entries.

I did not use the Shapemaker for these entries, instead using line/curve tool and ellipses, which I found to be much quicker.  

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

1 hour ago, Pixey said:

Thank you @Kamikaze I have moved your comment to the Discussion thread, as we like to keep the actual entries areas just for entries.

I did not use the Shapemaker for these entries, instead using line/curve tool and ellipses, which I found to be much quicker.  

Have you made any youtube tutorials for image creations similar to his? I would like to learn I am super intuitive and the work you did is remarkable

19 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Have you made any youtube tutorials for image creations similar to his?

Not specifically to the glasses.  One learns over time, by doing other people's tutorials, to get the hang of how paint.net works.

Simply put, in the glasses case, I just used the line/curve tool to trace over a pair of glasses that I liked from the web.

First the main part, then color, then some bevel, and of course lots of blurring and AA's Assistant:

glasses.png

Then the 'arms', the same way, keeping the layers all separate, so that you can use them to make shadows/highlights over the top of them:

Then make the glass, using a gradient, to fill the eye spaces.  At the end I used @Red ochre's Plugin called Contour (English spelling, as he and I are English 😁) which can be found in his Plugin Pack.  I used the contours by trying out the various settings, until it looks glossy.

30b8T8B.gif

Thank you oh so much.. I absolutely am a plug in pack addict! I love so many.. I have quite a few individual plugins as well.. I may run somewhere around 300 plug ins.. So far TR is my latest learning venture... He has amazing videos on you tube and I cannot begin to describe how useful his image editing tools are.. And that Boltbait.. He has his ducks in a row.. I am envious of him and Toehead.. Masters of code..!!!

I am wondering how to get large pics in here? I originally wanted to join the planet making contest and I could not due to a few troubles with my hardware being accelerated.. I found shape 3d and made an awesome planet first try but do not know what file types are small enough to get in here and how do I downsize and you can still see my image clearly? I am not sure how to ask this ...I seem to be bound by 256kb size image... I tried jpeg but nope.. Still too large.. What tricks may I ask?

5 minutes ago, Manc said:

Why is this appearing under 'Competitions'?

It's in the Discussion section, which is part' of the Competitions.

5 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

I seem to be bound by 256kb size image...

We all use outside hosting sites, like https://postimages.org/  and https://imgur.com/

It may be useful to you to read the Rules found here, for the posting of images.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

1 minute ago, Manc said:

That's me told.😉

🤣 No worries.  What may have happened, is that it was first posted in the Comp thread, and then I moved it 😁

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...

Is the OOTF Brick theme supposed to be a single brick, several bricks, or a brick wall with mortar? I can see allowing the option of one brick or several, but I think it should either be individualized bricks or a brick wall, since those seem to me to be rather distinct themes.

• 3 weeks later...