Oma's gallery

oma

wait. you sure you didnt do this on a canvas with paint...?

you did it on PDN?

woah. it looks truly like a real painting. *nominated for galleria*

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

Oma the flowers you have done recently are simply beautiful. The tulip is one if the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I didn't know that you make movies as well. I have Windows Movie Maker and Pinnacle Studio. I use both on my video projects. I didn't know that you could make custom titles/frames for Movie Maker. That would be very useful for my projects. I would love to see your projects.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

thank you Helen for comment on the tulip. Is new direction I've been heading, trying for oil paint look. Think it turned out fairly well. the addition of colors you would not expect to find in a cream colored tulip were the sparks it needed to go from ho hum. I have to thank my friend at the art gallery for that tip. She took me around some of the best of the art gallery florals to point it out in some fabuloous works. I saw immediately what she had been trying to explain to me for hours. LOL!

@flip,,,, not feathered at all. i was going for an oil painted canvas look. came very close to what I imagined it should look like. Oil paint with a touch of soft romatic atmospher.

@pyrochild thanks for leaving a comment. I hope my use of your smudge did the plugin proud. I think it is so much more powerful than just a hid it tool and I hope this picture demonstrated that.

@yellowman thanks everso much for leaving me a message. You are very correct about working wiith light colors. As I told Helen above it was the addition of the other colors to cream that made large expanse of cream to work. The background well you seen in the other forum how that came about a combo of two different style colors.

@cazaron why thank you yes it is 100% PDN and if it looks like canvas painting to you then I suceeded. thanks for the nomination.

@Shadowsof Tears. thanks you i love this piece also . I tried having it printed off but the resolution I had made original was only 96 dpi so it came out not near as vibrant and pleasing.

@A Fleeting Glimpse thanks for the comment on my tulip. you said perfect well not really but darn near as I could get to the original inspiration drawing.

@Goonfella thanks for the kind words. Oil painting was the direction I was going and I think I acheived it. I hopefully will have time to pursue this avenue further. Smudge tends to slow my computor to near standstill, so perhaps I'll have to break down the image into smaller parts next time. I am loath to do that as i like to see the whole picture as one as I work so I can foil off one area against another colorwise.

@sokagirl thanks you so much. I am glad you like that tulip.

@nemo thanks you I'm amazed myself. :lol:

@Possum Roadkill thanks you for the comments on my flowers. yes I make movies or rather try. most are just hacked together slideshows. This is first time I make my own frames. if you wish to discuss off forum just drop me a PM. I'll give you some tips from what I've learned by making these ones.

ciao OMA

crikey Oma those thanks must have taken a while! I have lost place of your horse on posts during my 2 weeks, i dont suppose you know where abouts it is because i would love to see the progress/finished piece? it was coming along brilliantly when i was keeping a watch on it :wink:

crikey Oma those thanks must have taken a while! I have lost place of your horse on posts during my 2 weeks, i dont suppose you know where abouts it is because i would love to see the progress/finished piece? it was coming along brilliantly when i was keeping a watch on it :wink:

:lol: took a bit i did the replies up on a text file over a few days time and just pasted this morning.

that horse came to a standstill while I finished off this piece. The tulip was in a way a thanks you to pyrochild for making the smudge plugin. I wanted to see just how far i could go in an oilpaint style. I sure wish I could draw better. learning to draw from books is not the ideal. but i do see progress from my stick people and lollipop flowers of a few years ago.

the horse I repulled out and dusted off just this morning. i need to finish it up to loan to Welsh for his western scene. The feet are just not that good so Welsh promised to give it some western boots. i told him to hide them in the tall grass. :lol: anyways he should be coming off the line done as far as I can go for first time horse sometime this week. pg 56 for the progress so far shots.

ciao OMA

i can see a small improvement from my stick people and lollipop flowers of a few years ago.

LOL! i should think so!! glad to hear the horse is back in progress :wink:. Thats where im lucky i have my dad who is a artist so i grew up learning to draw (what a cheat? :lol:)

Wonderful image, I love the horse, the skin(colors, shadows, highlights and 3D ing) are excellent, and the trees are nice, what a lovely image oma ( :idea: :idea: use HELEN's foliage tutorial for the sides bushes), so I nominate it to the galleria :P, and don't forget the shadow of the horse on the floor in the final.

@Helen thanks for the comments on the horse update. as you can see I've finally finished this work (see bottom of this long post) I'm glad you like the comments I put in along side my work in progress shots. Many of these things are way too long to ever attempt a tut, so this is the only way I can pass along little tidbits of info.

thanks for your support.

@Goonfella is that horse flirting. must be the eyes and the hair. she knows a secret.

glad you like the work in progress shots so far. the final is now posted.

@Welshblue thanks for leaving a comment. makes the hard work very worthwhile. did the trees a bit different from yours think they are not too bad looking. don't ask what kind they are, they are a composite of things I liked when looking at images.

@yellowman thanks you,, you always have such great comments. I did use Helen's tut on bushes. with a few little additions. horses shadow is in there and the shadows along the tree trunks etc etc. even the little weeds on the ground have shadows.

@nemo. well its finished. hope you like it. thanks for the pm's and things they helped me keep at this one even when I wanted to trash it.

@sokagirl why thanks you sweety. Don't be in awe of me. I practice everyday and I've been here for a lot longer, I'm more than sure you will catch up to my work and bypass me in the future. your own work is progressing by leaps and bounds. keep at it practise plenty try all different kinds of drawings. you learn something from every drawing good or bad.

@jerkfight ahh you caught this image just as the background started. I think you will be surprised in the final direction it went. see below.

@Kemaru if this horse looks like it can jump out of the screen then I at least think I have the perspective and composition correct. glad you liked it.

@pyrochild thanks you for saying such nice things. and thanks for making plugins that I can use to further these pictures along. notice the stones/peebles in the finished picture below. another of your plugins bet you didn't guess they started with random shapes. (circles)

@ Welsh you commented twice! :lol: I guess you like the horse. like the new gravel?

can not wait to see how you use this horse I lent to you. you have me puzzled. LOL!

@Frontcannon thanks you very much. takes lots of practice. Everyday I work on at least 3 or 4 items I have on the go. hope you enjoy the finished horse picture

place marker horsey out at the vets for a few little fixes back shortly.

I didn't comment at first, I sent your image to the galleria. :wink: All I've got to say is that it's just amazing! Lots of detail, lots of beauty, and lots of creativity! You amaze me once again. Incredible! Fabulous! Astounding work!!!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA