Oma's gallery

oma

Oma, I would use Rotate / Zoom on the clouds layer (might want to do the first render on a larger canvas size to prevent tiling issues) - that way the clouds have a bit more perspective and depth.

Great job on the grass, it looks great- and I like the overall atmosphere of the image as well. :)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

:lol: Helen I've been trying to draw a pesky seagull to stand on that rock for this image. (see image top left the name of this file is seagull.pdn) Not doing too well with the little scavenger. so maybe its not going to happen. :lol: not sure what technique for grass yellowman did. mine is basically mirror over line taperd line like ASH showed us on PDN. do about 10 blades bend a few in spots. add shadows and gradiants to a couple and then merge the lot all into one piece. then proceed to duplicate layers and distort each additional layer just a tad and change some layers brighter and some darker. nothing techinical just piddly.

one of these days I'll do up about 15 or 20 different tufts and then all I have to do is stamp them with brushes. :lol:

Nab yes think I should be doing that tilt soon. Only in my mind it was sort of a just off 45 degree tilt so I can have sand and surf angled. also more colors to do in sky yet. long ways from done and if that seagull doesn't start to take shape soon the whole project will be in the rubbish bin.

ciao

OMA

PS I'm not personally sold on the rocks color so that might just get redone as well. It looks like a beached seal to my eyes right now. can't have that or the animal activists will be on my case. :lol:

Oma, I think that it is an excellent start. Wonderful shapes in it so far. I'd hate to see it in the bin. Maybe shelve it for a while but not bin it?

Was it Welshy that started that grass thread? Great ideas there. Your grass is tops!

Keep us updated, please.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Wow :shock: brilliant work oma i am amazed. The rock could use a little hue adjustment but other than that its fine. I am waiting to see where this one goes. :D

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thanks you for nice things you say about this one already ..... I added another screen shot on pg 68 for further work in progress. note the sky is not rotated but has been transparent gradiant. This gave the distant clouds less visability and added more distance depth to the image.

The rocks have been redone and any further color change will happen at end with blend modes for entire image. Same with the grass it will still be darkend for more realism, getting away from that granny smith apple green color.

did you all look closely at how the water shimmmers on the right side and the different directions the ripples go. especially around the rocks. Water does not always ripple in one set direction it flows and ebbs around objects.

the history I show in that screen shot down the left side. well that all is just the little tiny water laps around the rocks. Lots of work but makes the image really look like the water is moving.

ciao OMA

more to come still

The updated version is looking really good. I did notice the water & yes, that is exactly what it does. Worth the effort, as you said.

The shape of the objects are pleasing too & the perspective is great. I love the island...where my husband & I grew up, when we looked out to the ocean there were a couple of islands. Now whenever we look out over ocean it looks wrong if there are no islands :lol:

Oma, I am so very pleased you didn't bin this one. It is fabulous.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012