Oma's gallery

oma

@theonlychad thanks for vote on "whispers" it is truly an image from deep within. I'm glad you enjoyed this one.

@DarkShock thanks ever so much for leaving a comment in my gallery. I truly appreciate when someone takes the time to stop by and view my work.

@thanks you Nemo. I find it very soothing as well, my little inner Zen being called on to calm my fears. Things will settle hopefully soon. Its the waiting for test results that kicks a persons inner strength around.

@Helen thanks ever so much for nice words. I sent you screen shot via PM. Its not much as it was taken near the end mainly just to capture a few steps of the history I wanted to remember. It should give you an idea of all that went into this one.

@yy10 thanks for stopping by. I've many pictures like this but seldom share them anymore as they are just too revealing of my innner thoughts.

When I do share I like to hear that others enjoy them as much as I do.

@Sokagirl thanks ever so much for the confetti. I'm glad you enjoyed this one. thanks for leaving a comment.

ps everyone I don't even mind if you leave a comment you don't like them. but just know you are looking deep into my life in my abstracts. each one tells you very much about how I feel at the moment, what I think of and where I'm heading.

if you view leave a comment even just to let me know you stopped by for a visit but unfortunately no one was home. :wink:

I think I already commented on Fans but I`ll comment again just in case.

Whispers is gorgeous. I love it !:D

How you keep coming out with these awesome abstracts is simply amazing. If Helen is the Queen of Gloss you must be Queen of the Abstracts ! :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks you Possum. and Goonfella.

Goonfella the ideas I seldom have to think when I do an abstract. I put on some nice music, open the program and just let my mind wander. Its almost like I'm not even there the colors and images just seem to reach thru my fingers to the screen.

I didn't keep screen shots of Whispers as I went along but did near the end do a screen shot of the last portion (maybe 1/3) of the history for future ref.

so for those that Pm'd me and asked on DA here is just a little sample of all that went into the Whispers image. sorry when I get involved in doing an emotional feel image I seldom stop to take screen pictures.

whisperssomeofthemakingshotsa.png

edit PS I just noticed my views were 23032 reads the same backwards and forwards. :lol:

edit #2 and for the person that pm'd me yes that image on the right top hand is another abstract I've been working on. Its lacking something so will be possibly making an appearance in the near future. I feel the colors are incorrect on that one so its not for display yet. .

That is one long history :shock: , so much work gone into it. Lovely. probably a silly question but: You usually draw out your realistic pieces etc. But i was just wandering to you draw out a basis for your abstracts too? they are so great with loads going on that must be so tricky...equally if you don't it would be even harder creating your pieces from your head :shock:

Great as always :wink:

sometimes I go into them with an image in mind or rather a feel and a rough idea. this one was based on someone being in the hopital undergoing many tests.

so I needed softness of little quiet whispers in a hospital room. as I said before blurs for uncertainty. I wanted many soft colors for love, and I needed something that looked like it was being viewed under a microscope. something very very fragile.

I do three different type of abstracts.

1) is straight emotional,,, like whispers where I just let go and start with a effect. This one started with circle text saying Love totally unplanned except for the concept mood required at the end.

2) is the type where I have a nice colored shaped piece and I play around with effects and making combinations of the shape with other similar pieces. .

3) is the thought out from start to finish. Those are usually the pattern pieces that end up being the basis for the #2 type.

ciao OMA

PS sometimes I draw on paper after I finish the picture in paint.net. but not often. They just don';t seem to have the same feel and color vibrancy. that's because I haven't mastered painting.

You have a great eye for colours linking them with the perfect emotions. The best things always happen when unplanned :wink:. Also, i find that too, drawing something after creating it just doesnt give the same effect as drawing beforehand- painting is not really my forte either to be honest. You certainly have great drawing/sketch work though :D

Fantastic work Oma , I agree with Nemo . Your history shows that you always put a lot into every piece you create perhaps that is one reason why the out come is so beautiful . Plus the emotions behind them it's like a classical musician working on a complicated composition :mrgreen:cute-1.gif

thanks Helen. if you look upper top right behind the history on the whispers wip. you can just make out an abstract I've in the works. As I go along from that I've been taking some screen shots. I hopefully will post them on fans site with some little explinations of why I moved and shifted some areas and used certain effects. That I hope will give you a little closer slowed down look at the thought process behind these complex images.

ciao OMA

• 2 weeks later...