Oma's gallery

oma

th_ifheavenwasabouquet.png

Sea shells! Lovely colors.

But the Jaggy edges gotta go.

jaggies .........

polar inversion+ I know I'm good but I still can't rewrite a plugin. and not for lack of trying.... :lol::lol: some AA would be lovely addition to polar inversion + especially on the outer limits of the plugin.

I debated for quite awhile if I should just chuck it away in the trash or post it. I posted as I liked the colors. my original comments were.

thanks you abstracts are my favourite style. I just love the colors and combination possible.

here is one I've been working on off and on for weeks. just finished off this morning. I know its way overworked with releif but I still liked the colors so I kept it out of the trashbin ....at least for a little while :lol::lol::lol: lets just call it an experiment gone haywire. :lol::lol:

Oma, it's really fantastic! Also, did you ever try using your abstracts and turning them into glass? I think that some of your abstracts have this colored glass texture and it could be used to make a vase or something. :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

not yet Helen but I was thinking on it. I might just try out that tut yellowman posted. looks real interesting.

anyways I took ASH comments about the jaggies and went a bit further on my doodle work above.

it still may hit the trash.

Heavens bouquet

version #3 well since I took this puppy this far past doodle stage I decided to keep going. fixed that annoying tear along top edge of shell like piece and added some extra white flowers so it looked more like a bouquet. and just a touch more pearlly

ifheavenwasabouquetcdc.png

thanks its actually a good salvage of a so so doodle more than an incredible piece. It does have a nice pleasant feel to it though, must have been the frame of mind I was in as I listened to the music. Sarah Brightmans CD. (Winter symphony) I know its supposed to be summer but I was remembering that last concert, the stage production was remarkable. I loved all the great background screenwork. something I was thinking about as I doodles. I'm looking forward to buying her new cd that's supposed to be coming out any day now. Hope she has another tour, I'll definetly spring for tickets if it comes close by.

ciao OMA

thanks for looking.

This time one of my eyes just popped out when I saw your abstract, my cerebellum must have pushed them out somehow and there is a huge bump on my nose, that's probably where my cerebellum ended up.

It's really fascinating what you can find on wikipedia.:P

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@thanks Welsh blue. now you know what is strange. I actually collect antique murano glass, mostly the gold flecked ones. also collect antique chalet style glass vases and glass paperweights. there is always loads to see in my abstracts. "my idea is get the hook in them with the color and shine and make emm look around and consider how to do something similar " If someone walks away with just one idea that's fantastic, and I consider its a wonderful picture. thanks for making my day with your comments.

@Souka girl well hello there. I'm glad you found your way to my gallery. Remember I've been here since early 2007 and I only ever use this program. so I've had plenty of time to learn, not that I've learned it all. even today I learned something about doing thinner lines using :AntiAliasingOff: ,, it just takes practice and not being afraid to try things out. do you have a gallery?

@Boude I'm sure glad I'm not your mother. You are always banging that head of yours and popping your eyes out. :lol::lol::lol: I'm glad you liked this one.

thanks for looking everyone I enjoy doing the art and I'm glad someone enjoys my efforts.

ciao OMA

@Sokagirl you march right back there and get that gallery going again. :lol::lol: just joking. I see it wasn't until Jun that you created one if I'm reading your posts correctly. and you only had worked on some sigs.

I seldom change my sig so I seldom comment on sig galleries. best way to start a gallery is do a few tuts ,,,, stick your results good or bad in there. maybe start something other than a sig and work on it a bit at a time. with some updates. I try to check all the galleries out but don't always leave comments. It takes time to build a good gallery but most of all it takes practise. A gallery almost forces you to concentrate and do better and better. so go to town do some little pieces everyone has to start somewhere.

I think of it this way you start out with the so so work and it can only get better right?

ciao OMA

Yes , you are most correct and I thank you for the encouragements . You know I don't feel bad anymore :lol: and I'm fine not having a gallery because I really enjoy looking at others work and perhaps gain some inspiration from them . I did try Ash and his eyeball Tutorial then I failed at Pyrochilds signature tutorial . I think one of my problem is I don't know where to begin :shock: and time is needed also in which i don't have much of to really work on something neat but I will give it my best , maybe someday i can post something nice . Thank you from the bottom of my heart , :P Sokagirl

Oma, I guess everyone has their own point of view on an image, and sometimes when we create something, we don't see it in the same way as someone seeing it for the first time. I didn't think Heaven's Bouquet could be any prettier, but you have made it so. I didn't realize how beautiful it was when I saw the thumbnail in the Abstract Images section, but when I saw it here in your gallery, I was speechless. Well, that is until I made my wife get up and come over and take a look (she agreed, it's beautiful). We both think it looks like mother of pearl. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing it. Have you ever tried to create an abalone effect/look? I love the look of mother of pearl and abalone.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@yellowman thanks you very much for comment. " angels dress" this phrase I must remember I would love to call a picture that. In fact it has just touched off an idea. :lol::lol: inspiration :idea:

I'm glad you enjoy my doodle it reflects very much my emotions.

@ Possum Roadkill I'm glad you came by my gallery to check Heaven's Bouquet closer. I loved the texture and colors and I'm glad I placed it in my gallery now. The people here are just so great at making one concentrate and take an image to the next level.

I've never tried abalone shell, I just gave it a quick try, not sure the colorization is correct. I'll have to study more.

haventgottenthecolorcorrect.png

:lol::lol: this must be first time I ever use smudge. :lol:

Oma, I think you are on to something but I think another method is needed. Here are a couple of stocks I found that show the detail in abalone that I always think of.

th_Abalone-stock-photo-1.jpg th_abalone1.jpg

The first one looks to me that it might be achieved with clouds as the starting point. I tried a few things a while back but they were awful :shock: I guess I need to take another shot at it. Let me know what you think might help. :D

@thanks Welsh blue. now you know what is strange. I actually collect antique murano glass, mostly the gold flecked ones.

It's even stranger I meant Murano glass not Milano :D

I used to collect glass from boot sales etc, but my wife banned it until I learnt to use a duster and polish :oops:

What is a boot sale?

Oma, have you ever heard of Fenton glass? I think that is what it was called.

yes I have heard of Fenton glass . do you require any photos? I've the collectors edition identification guide 1907 to 1939. I did at one time have a collection of jade green Most of those items were from mid 1930's. I sold the collection off at auction. Fetched a fine dollar I must say. Most were picked up at estate sales in the late 60's. Boot sale is same as the american garage sale.

I know you are working on that abalone shell sort of reminds on of Fenton carnival glass for the luster.

ciao OMA

thanks you jerkfight. the white flowers are done with mirror over line on a circle. draw the line across a corner only not thru the middle. use lots of additive as blend mode on a shiny.

(you also get nice flower petals shapes using a kaldescope low number of angles and mirror over line. )

once you have a nice petal just assemble it same way I did the leaves in the palmleaf tut. a layer each petal swivel and merge.

ciao