Oma's gallery

oma

Very nice horse oma! I never actually posted in your gallery but I've seen some of the images and things, My favorite are the abstracts though.

BTW the shape of the horses nose looks a bit weird:

Maybe its only me?

Edit:

oh and the shadow of the horses front right leg(from the horses point-of-view) is a bit weird maybe turn down the transparentse a bit?

"The truth is just an excuse for having a lack of imagination."

Photobucket sucks!

that's his back leg ??

this is the original body pose I used for inspiration book how to draw animals by Jack Hamm. see back leg deep shadow I can only draw what I see LOL! and this case I don't see 4 complete legs only 3 and one in deep shadow.

originalfirsthorse.png

when I decided to change horses head position back at the beginning i went to one of my favourite books "The Art o Basic Drawing" by Walter Foster on pg 76 there was this image by Mia Tavonatti 4 steps to a horses Portrait. it is the one I used. colorization I had to imagine seeing as i am deathly afraid of horses and have never actually seen one up close. .

usethisonetoshowtheinspirationpiece.png

It likely is incorrectly drawen by me but what the hay its the first time I ever drew a horse .... well not counting the stick figures type this is what it would have been looking like a year or so ago. LOL! and this is probably a better version of a horse. LOL!

whatoneofmyoldstyledrawingswouldhav.png

Good to see the horse finished, it looks good, but you have done better before.

:lol: you like one from before better ??????

whatoneofmyoldstyledrawingswouldhav.png

:lol: it looks more like a moose :lol:

no seriously Boude could you be more specific. Once I receive the book I ordered I'll pull the picture and try to pixel in the nose portion if I can. Not sure what is incorrect as my line drawing looks ok, could be the resizing. the feet well I'm not agonizing over them too much push comes to shove I could have stuck this horsey in tall grass, just wanted to show it as I managed to draw it the first time around. Goodness knows I wish I was a perfect at drawing but :lol::lol: not even close.

If the above is a comment on the background let me know. Could be something I'm experimenting with so if its not working or requires more umph a more specific comment will help.

ciao OMA

I was talking about your other works, I guess that could explain a lot. :lol:

And the horse has no fur on it's body, it's like a shiny snail with legs and beautiful hair. :lol:

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

@boude are you sure you would see the individual hairs on a horse ? maybe if you were standing right up close or riding it. I'd have to recheck at the art gallery but seems to me most of the paintings of horses I seen don't show individual hair except perhaps along the front of the forehead? Will look again next time I'm at the gallery. i did google quite a few pictures on the internet to see if the hair was visible more and didn't really think so except on perhaps little colts and maybe some wisps around the foot area.

I've pulled the picture for a bit I'm redoing a portion of the background its just not exactly right yet. I'll try to fix the nose area at the same time. I may also lighten that back foot so it looks a bit less like a shadow and more like a foot seen in darkend conditions. Well those are the things I'll try the picture may come back as it originally was if I don't get it correct. :lol:

ciao OMA

A few things I think might work:

1. Less bright highlights and spread in a more "random" pattern.

2. Maybe some noise with a motion blur.

3. Make the horse more colourful, your lighting is brilliant, but the horse hasn't got a uniform fur.

I don't want each hair to be visible, but the overall effect should.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

? why would it be uniform more in color there are highlights and lowlights? really comment doesn't make much sense to me.

anyways I'm finished with this one as far as I'm taking it. I think I keep this horse need to have an example of what my first ever attempt turned out like.

for those that need to see the end result here you go.

last post to forum.

nowImsureImnotdoinganymore.png

the work in progress shots will be updated in about 5 mins.

pg 56.

ciao OMA

@jerkfight thanks you I'm glad to be done that one before I left on holidays. I think the changes to the background suit the horse picture better.

@BoltBait. LOL! that is so funny wonder how you knew I was working on an animal with a horn. see below it has a horn and its multicolored but it is not a unicorn.

@one more level and Kemaru think what does OMA usually do ..... she blur paints. LOL! just straight blurs and stretches. (carboard tut I showed this in old version)

@why thanks Janettsue. (ps owe you an email hope your trip was a good one, will write when I get back from holidays. hopefullly we have nice weather)

@Goonfella thanks you. I sure wouldn't want them to rename the galleria. I'm far from the best at drawing around here. i can name at least 10 or 15 others that draw way better than me. But I will say I'm pretty fearless about the subjects I tackle., always working outside my comfort limits. that's what I think impresses most on the forum. I try things others don't even think about. LOL!

anyways I'm off for holidays very shortly so here is a little last min picture.

maybe a simplified version tut when I get back. LOL! that's if I can condense it down to managable steps.

few errors I can see off hand but I'm rushing now, have to finish cleaning the fridge and rearranging the freezer down stairs befoe I leave on holidays. couldn't leave this one with errors. LOL! fixed

he will be aa next version after I get back from holidays. there is a really fine version over on my DA something a bit different. if you decide to look at that one check out the pendant and the link to the big version of the pendant.

dragon2.png

Oma, this is getting really, really weird. At first, I wanted to draw a horse, but I didn't have time. While I was busy with other things, I see that you drew one. Okay, I thought. I'll draw something else. My next project, I was hoping, would be a dragon of some sort, but now I see you've completed a dragon. :shock: Isn't that weird? I'm working on something else anyway, which I hope will be good.

Have a good one! :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

what's that saying " great minds think alike" :lol::lol::lol: It certainly isn't the first time we've been on the same wave length art subject wise. You should go ahead and draw your dragon, we have such different styles I'd love to see how yours turns out. besides you draw much better than I do I can always pick up some tips from your version.

I'm thinking a little simple tut on a dragon with plenty of room for individuallity when I return from holidays. It should be something I can expand on the blur painting concept, as I've been asked about that quite a bit in the last month. So I guess I'll be doing dragons for awhile until I hammer it down to more simplified textures and line drawings.

your next topic is likely very safe from me thinking and doing it. but you better watch out for Lance and Welsh. :lol::lol::lol: they tend to be on same wave length as us.

ciao OMA

not so much free time. seems after I retired I need a time tech book even more than when I was working. when you hit old age free time tends to come between doctor visits and blood tests. :lol: but thanks I'm so looking forward to visiting the badlands. We have tried for the last 4 yrs and always something has come up and we've had to cancel hotel reservations. (which I might add are near impossible to get during the summer months.) I sure hope there is a dig on when we are there. I'd certainly like to try my hand at fine brush work even if it is only dusting away particles of earth from bone fragments.

ciao OMA