Oma's gallery

oma

@possum thanks you very much.

I draw when I'm happy I draw when I'm sad.

the middle two pieces are interesting ones. the little baby elephant is shaped from a glossie using multiple layers of polarinversion and the rectangle selection push and pull and many transparent gradiants. (glossie was made in my own OMA method ...lots of depth and many colors)

the other was a take on a jewel idea. its called off kilter.

@goonfella thanks you very much. means a lot to me to hear that.

@yellowman, LOL! I laughed when I read your message. do you recognize your vase tut. I always take tut beyond where you leave off. glad you like.

I often have more than three or four items on the go at a time. one I'm doing for ages is on other site. Still a real bug in my side, and will be ages before it even surfaces in this gallery I'm sure.

but I wanted to show this line drawing its one I've had idea of for awhile this is the first pass line drawing will absolutely go thru much more even change pose before I settle on picture. for those that have been mad at me because I do not use smudge this will likely be the one I use that plugin on. I told you I was waiting until I had something worthy of the plugin. well this might just be it. I will perfect line drawing and after the new version of paint net is in beta stage and pyro updates smudge it will be worked into this sort of picture.

Copyofhorse.jpgCopyofwip2horseoutline.jpg

Copyofwip3.jpgCopyofwip4.jpg

20953 20967

some asked to put more life into hair. I hope this is what they meant. if not let me know.

wip5a.jpg

Copyofwip5.jpgCopyofwip6.jpg

Copyofwip7.jpg

]

20991 21016

wip8.jpg

idea stage for background first pass of background sitll requires work

Copyofwip9.jpgCopyofshowthisoneonpaintnet10.jpg

hopefully this one is done. fixed nose, redid some of those tree leaves. changed up some of the variations of green foilage in the bushes. redid the far off shore of trees, added a beach along there moved it back for better perspective. worked on the sky. added many dappled sunshine and shadow spots. lightened that back leg a tad so it doesn't look like a too dark shadow.

nowImsureImnotdoinganymore.png

I can't remember who PM'd me for a close up of the eye but here you go.

horseseye.png

ciao OMA

ps this is the very first time I draw a horse.

pss no tablet only line tools and ovals

psss I use first time smudge for some major parts ..... mostly blur painting...it goes quicker covering larger areas and blends are a bit finer.

thanks you WelshBlue. the larger version of that one is on my DA site. I'm not sure how to do linkable thumbs to DA so you have to clik the link in my sig to get over there. The actual title is

If Life went on forever, I'd visit, Japan and Tibet

it is 100% paint.net . Inspiration ....its on my bucket list but likely be the ones I'll never get completed.

the horse well lets just say that idea has been in the back of my mind for ages. but I need a much better line drawing. would be easier if I had tablet. Using line tool and ovals takes forever, add that to I've never drawn horses well lets just say I must research the animal more to get the movement correct.

ciao OMA

thanks for looking at my gallery

nellyphant! its so cute! i guess you might be getting kinda sick of us saying all the same things all the time (how awesome it is, masterpiece! etc.) but thats exactly what they are! well done. im looking forward to the additions to the horse (but when i looked at it for the first time, i thought it was going to be an alpaca or llama! lol. my eyes are terrible then... :D)

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

thanks you for nice words.

no not bad eyes you have. that was first pass line drawing only. I never draw a horse before.

already wip 2 picture is looking better. facial features look better. and still much work for body to do yet. I only start study horse features.

th_wip2horseoutline.jpg

now I go back and work on picture I do other forum before ASH gives me boot. :lol:

ciao OMA

sorry english not so good today. I find it is worse when I feel tired.

Man, what are you, some kind of pixel god?

Your abstracts are amazing!! My role model, I'll copy as hard as I can :D

Your "realistic" ones.. better stick to your sketch pad ;)

Technically they are very good, too, but I think they're ugly :?

Don't waste your talent, you are an amazing artist!

@cazaron thanks you comment about horse. this one i find difficult to do. so will take me much time. maybe it becomes one I leave for long while before finish.

@frontcannon ....I like abstract the most but do find it very emotionally draining to do at times. I put a little bit of my heart and feelings into each one. To display for all to look is like opening my most inner thoughts to the public, makes me feel very vunerable. The work in my sketch pad is what I need to develop there will come a time shortly when I will be totally bed bound and will not get to my computor as often and the pencil and paper route will be my main outlet for expression

@yellowman as I told cazaron will be awhile to finish horse. I will try to make to high quality, but not sure if will happen. I thanks you for comment on pink flower I make little flowers for you. I know you like yellow best.

yellowflowers.jpg

ciao OMA

That's amazing, Oma! I love both the flowers and the horse. It's a funny thing, though, each person has his/her own style of drawing. I rarely use the techniques of circles to guide me as I draw. I never understood those things. But you have that perfect style. Great! :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

thanks you Helen. I also sometimes graph or sometimes just free hand arm extended and use pencil site lining. most times circle and shape method for animals. it is easiest I find for the perspective and movement of animals. requires more anatomy knowledge though (which is why it takes me longer do animals, I have to study more on animals). have to get the right knobby knees placement and all. :lol:

ciao OMA

thanks it is still pretty raw looking , but not bad for first ever horse. I'm not fussy on the colors but just checked color burn will darken to the shade I need. so will keep to this pallet for now.

ciao thanks for looking and especially leaving a comment, always so many lookers but not too much voice heard.

OMA

I agree, 103 views and hardly no posts on my gallery :roll: ..even on the newer stuff. But anyway, it looks great but you know the pettles, perhaps add a hint of blur (on duplicate layer) whilst on colour burn to certain parts (basically do what you just said but a little blur to get rid of the raw feel). Otherwise i think they look amazing :shock:. I am working on a rose and i think the technique you use for your pettles seems real similar, good style :wink:

And as for the horse thats really coming along :), i am only good at circle base drawing on a pad, cant do it for the life of me on PDN haha.

It's amazing! One suggestion, though, for the mane, duplicate the layer and move it down--then, make it a little darker and use Move Selected Pixels and move it either up or down to see a little contrast on the mane; it will have more shadowing. Blure it if you'd like.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

thanks Helen I'm just about to restart the main . I made mistake on that main as I flattened before putting in highlights and low lights so its been unchecked not trashed yet, I'll reserve it for reference, its not as good as I'd wished hopefully with a bit of practise next attempt shall be better. and I'll for sure remember the shadow. how in the world did I forget that? .

I find the smudge is a bit too slow for coverng larger areas. I tend to get better results using transparent gradiants over blurs . . But definetly then smudge it will be a plus to use it for the wisps. that's where the plugin will really shine in this type of picture.

@goonfella thanks I'm generally a very patient person, although I do have my moments. LOL! it is the challenge that makes this program interesting.

@nemo I took a look at your rose its so itty bitty I can't see it proper. LOL! it has the hallmark of a remarkable picture please make it larger.

ciao OMA

All your new work is stunning. I think the horses mane needs more liveliness, but you've just started to work on it so I'm sure you'll make it super awesome. :lol:

By the way, I've always wanted to visit Japan and Tibet, too. :D I'd love to move into a Buddhist temple for 10 years. :shock:

:lol: I'll lend you the horse if you loan me that sharp shooting gun.

:lol:

Scary... :shock:

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

@nemo I took a look at your rose its so itty bitty I can't see it proper. LOL! it has the hallmark of a remarkable picture please make it larger.

ciao OMA

Thanks :mrgreen:, yeh ill get on making it larger, i find working on detailed pieces is best to work on small parts at a time. Ill post it up soon :wink:.

EDIT: Its up on my gallery and i have made it nice and big for you :D

Oh and the whole "however evil you may think you are, oma is worse" , you are SOO not getting a gun :lol:

The horse is looking really good. Loving the hair effect you got going. :)

I feel that the body of the horse may be a bit shiny and reflective. Maybe tone down the shines?

It'll look awesome when finished. Fab drawing and shading skills. ;)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

:lol: I'll lend you the horse if you loan me that sharp shooting gun.

:lol:

No problem :wink:

I needed a break from attempting some quite taxing, so I made you your own. And plenty of spare lead ....

Hidden Content:
oma.png

Hysterical funny!

@oma...that horse is starting to remind me of those plastic toy horse that my sister used to play with when she was a wee child.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.