The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

Update on my drumkit status. Those brackets are time consuming, but I've learned so much about how S3D handles the X, Y, Z axises. It's a good learning experience! :D

drumwip.png

The toms are currently floating there, but they won't be defying the laws of physics soon enough! :D

suhhweetness incarnate :!:

Oma its not impossible to create a methodology for glass its just a bit difficult right now to boil it down to an understandable post that doesnt take up 3 pages of screens and instructions.

That and why give out your bread an butter in detail? Shiny gfx sell Why should any gfx artist just give his ability to make money away? Art is just too competitive to give away all the secrets. And spending 12 hours creating an authoritative tut for free is anti climactic to say the least. especially when people use the techniques and never honor the source with proper accredidation. Like folks think the pioneers owe them the knowledge, when they dont.

But I was just inspired to do a tut that is easy for glass using tiles reflection, i think something simple like that could help glass seekers out a bit and it doesnt give my secrets out.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

@ BlackSmoke - I like the second one the best. The first one's just a bit too bright for my taste. Pretty nice looking though. Keep at it. :)

---

Edit: I'm now up to about my 50th layer. That last drumset I made was finished at 36. So far I've still got the cymbals and floor tom to go, and I'm also not done with the snare stand...

Hurray for details! Tedious, yet fun. :wink:

I posted this in another topic by mistake and it got locked. *oops- sorry*. But, oh well here we go,

I've been using paint.NET for a while now but have only just joined the forum. Please post what you think of my work so far, it's all gaming themed, Newest at top oldest at bottom. Any tips or comments on how to improve would be greatly appreciated!

toad-likeAbatoutofhell.gif

metroidsig.gif

mariokartwiisig.gif

amazingsig-rave.gif

MKDSrates.jpg

residentevilsig.jpg

yoshisig.gif

sig.gif

jamsessionssig.jpg

mynewsig.gif

finishedsig.gif

:D

Do you remember "2001: a Space Odyssey"?

Well, I recall you that my first post was my best work until now. This means that subsequent posts are likely to be worse.

The moon texture I used in the previous post inspired me another astronomical picture. I added an Earth and a Sun: it should resemble the opening of the movie. Don't you hear the trumpets of "Also Spracth Zarathustra" sunrise?

SpaceOdyssey-Scaled.jpg

Detail:

SpaceOdyssey-Detail.jpg

You can see the full-sized image here.

Bye,

Pyjo.

No, I don't think so. This is probably the most awesome thing I've seen since Ash posted the Christmas Ornaments on a tray. WOW. :-) High five.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

No, I don't think so. This is probably the most awesome thing I've seen since Ash posted the Christmas Ornaments on a tray. WOW. :-) High five.

I bet it sounds lame since its all synthetic material :roll: The cymbals arent even brass They look like a cheap knock off of brass, (probably sound like cow bells)

At least thats my aliens opinion. :lol:

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Well, yeah, but it looks cool. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

What do you guys think of the new avatar and siggy?

It was inspired by TheVoid.

I might add my signature "D" for DarkShock in the sig and avatar later.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Well, yeah, but it looks cool. :-)

Yup! And besides, I don't think anyone's going to jump in and start playing it anytime soon. ;)

... I hope not anyway. :shock:

You mean it? :D Sweet! [high fives back]

@ Darkshock - I like it!