The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Ash that's really cool looking! It also doesn't hurt that I just happen to like The Simpsons. :P I feel good, because I think I see basically how you did it. I'm a little lost at the subtle curve of his head above the brow. :)

I've been spending extra long on this drumset hoping to get it right. I just finished rendering the kick drum. The pedal is reflected in the head if you look closely. :)

kickdrum.png

Suggestions, compliments? :D

I'm thinking the brackets connecting to the hoop might need some resizing... :/

Ash that's really cool looking! It also doesn't hurt that I just happen to like The Simpsons. :P I feel good, because I think I see basically how you did it. I'm a little lost at the subtle curve of his head above the brow. :)

I've been spending extra long on this drumset hoping to get it right. I just finished rendering the kick drum. The pedal is reflected in the head if you look closely. :)

kickdrum.png

Suggestions, compliments? :D

I'm thinking the brackets connecting to the hoop might need some resizing... :/

excellent.

Ash you PDN addict :mrgreen: as usuall cool stuff.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Wither, your drum is looking very good. I can't wait to see the finished product.

QFT.

Oh, and Ash - if you're done making ice and glass, you should pass on your knowledge with a SUPER CRAZAY tutorial. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Wither, your drum is looking very good. I can't wait to see the finished product.

QFT.

Oh, and Ash - if you're done making ice and glass, you should pass on your knowledge with a SUPER CRAZAY tutorial. :-)

yes, please make a tut :P

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

This was PMed to David:

I'd love to, but, I've been working very hard (I tried so many times..) and trying to repeat the steps to see if I can ALWAYS get the same type of result. You should see my PDN file folder :shock:

I always have to make new adjustments and methods to get it glassy again.

Sadly, I can't always get the same result.... = I have no real way of teaching.

If I do, everyone is gonna bug me more..."I can't get this part to work..blah blah"

That's why I've been giving pointers and hints. and not tuts. :?

Can't always get same result = no 1 stop shop method = no tut :(

I have given many tips and hints. :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

If I do, everyone is gonna bug me more..."I can't get this part to work..blah blah"

That's why I've been giving pointers and hints. and not tuts. :? Can't always get same result = no 1 stop shop method = no tut :(

That is my reply as well to those that have asked me for glass tuts.

That's why I've been giving pointers and hints. and not tuts. :? Can't always get same result = no 1 stop shop method = no tut :(

That is my reply as well to those that have asked me for glass tuts.

Same reply I had to give quite awhile back on da. just impossible to do a set pattern to acheive glass. there are so many variables, it seems to be an elusive property. but as you go along you get better at predicting what pieces will make glass eventually and what type of steps work, always seemed two steps forward and 3 back to me.

OMA

I was trying to make a bit of holly for a bg and I made this:

effected57shadow.png

:x i just wish i could have included it in my christmas signature and avatar which i have already made and no matter how hard i try i can't get this cover the other holly perfectly :x

| | |

V V V

effected56.png

The toms are currently floating there, but they won't be defying the laws of physics soon enough! :D

They're defying the laws of physics?! And here I was thinking they were just filled with helium...

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Update on my drumkit status. Those brackets are time consuming, but I've learned so much about how S3D handles the X, Y, Z axises. It's a good learning experience! :D

drumwip.png

The toms are currently floating there, but they won't be defying the laws of physics soon enough! :D

suhhweetness incarnate :!:

Oma its not impossible to create a methodology for glass its just a bit difficult right now to boil it down to an understandable post that doesnt take up 3 pages of screens and instructions.

That and why give out your bread an butter in detail? Shiny gfx sell Why should any gfx artist just give his ability to make money away? Art is just too competitive to give away all the secrets. And spending 12 hours creating an authoritative tut for free is anti climactic to say the least. especially when people use the techniques and never honor the source with proper accredidation. Like folks think the pioneers owe them the knowledge, when they dont.

But I was just inspired to do a tut that is easy for glass using tiles reflection, i think something simple like that could help glass seekers out a bit and it doesnt give my secrets out.

@ BlackSmoke - I like the second one the best. The first one's just a bit too bright for my taste. Pretty nice looking though. Keep at it. :)

---

Edit: I'm now up to about my 50th layer. That last drumset I made was finished at 36. So far I've still got the cymbals and floor tom to go, and I'm also not done with the snare stand...

Hurray for details! Tedious, yet fun. :wink: