The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

zookey i'd like to make a suggestion. use AA wehn you make the spheres. And use shadows, or drops shadows. Which ever you prefer.

:wink:

Thanks for the suggestions. I went back into the file since I still happen to have it open -- I tryed to add drop shadows using the plug-in and it makes the dementions look way off. Could be the way the balls are sitting too, I don't know. Could be because I don't know how to use them!

My other question for you is what is "AA"? Thre was a box on the 3D plug-in that I think said Anti-something or other I checked and that was checked.......... so ???? I am confused. What should it have done?

Thanks for the suggestions!

@ Oma -- I thought you were going on Holiday? You aren't back already are you? Love the tree!

AA is Anti-Align. I make the sphere so that it isn't jagged. But in S3D it is AA and you can change the intensity of the effect.

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

Thanks for the explanation Maverick. I will try that on the next ball/orb thing I do. I have messed with this to the point were I am starting to double up on the effects and the balls are beginning to sink. I think these marbles were jagged on the edge because it was actually a seperate image in a different file and was a copy and paste into this box/tunnel thing.

Thanks again for the suggestions and have a great night!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

The geek in me giggles at this page number...

Verndewd! I'm about to have seizures, but they're good seizures! I like your work.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Dont worry dave I have a piece of rubber around here to keep you from biting your tongue off. HEHEHE thanks, man. I really need to brush up on the tuts and go through them all; I think I am going to blog this site at Dewds news. I think more folks need to know about this program.

Although I could be persuaded with a plugin that edits in 3d to ,,,,,,, (joking)

http://bigkitchen.spaces.live.com/default.aspx Blogged. I think I will just do a pic gallery and then commentate.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

Would you mind some constructive criticism? perspective .lighting ,texture ,ambiance. The pictures tell us about what you are photographing but they dont tell us how you feel about the objects.

Capturing that old fashioned brick bridge in a fog with the right lighting would make us want to see a historic aromor clad knight riding out in his regiment with flag bearers.

Just from a bit of fog and some blue hue from a sunset or sunrise.

Taking a picture of an old building and showing some close detail and surroundings makes it personal and we can imagine the hands that carved the stone.

The lighting tends to be a little ordinary, try pictures with evening shadows for depth. Feel your connection to the object and tell that story. Create a fantasy of what story you are telling with the photo.

Often times when I create in a new medium such as this I just experiment for hours until something comes up and then it may cause me to think of a story it can relate to. Like the 8 hours on my easter egg abstract.

I just experimented and erased until I happened upon a series of shapes that made me stop and say thats it. I didnt know what I was going for but that is cool.

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

@verndewd--> I like that very much! I really like the warped, glassy tiles on those colors! Keep it up! The webpage is looking better all the time too!

@MattBlackLamb --> I like your "randomness". Those colors and effects are wonderful!

@Oma --> what can I say other than OMG OMA! The leaves are becoming so realistic!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

Trooper made me feel like "tip-toeing through the tulips" so here goes the yellow lillies from my flower bed, to bad they were either white or pink last year (I have never grown yellow lillies)......

That's a really nice pic. Do you have some sort of macro lens or setting on your camera? Every time I try to get in close like that, my subject blurs -- and I'm using the "macro" mode on my point-and-click digicam.

Hmmph. That's probably an answer in itself...

I have a Cannon PowerShot A630. On the Flowers I used the Portrait setting and I used the Macro (little flower image on the screen) too. I have found using a tripod will stop my camera from shaking when doing the really closeup photos. A tripod worked well for the lillies since they are about 2 1/2 feet tall. I have some pictures that didn't blur out the background like they were suppose to so I have used the Portrait plugIn of PDN to get it even better.

By the way I am new to the camera also - forgive me for my lack of terminology use.

Thanks for the info. I haven't been in a position to try my tripod as I'm usually walking around with the camera somewhere when I take photos. I'll have to drag the tripod out in the yard today, weather permitting, and see what I can do.

No worries on the technical jargon, I wouldn't know what you were talking about if you used it.

Excellent oma, I can't tell you how good those leaves are, and combined with the trunk and bucket. A definite style you have going there, and so different from your usual pattern work shows great versatility of style.
Totally agree with Myrddin. Great work, oma :)

I agree. Nice work!

:wink:

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

I was one post away from 404-heaven. I'm seriously hurting inside.

Update to my Onion Flavour deviation:

th_Onion_Flavour__by_bit_weirdpng.png

^^Click

Haven't uploaded it yet to get opinions. Changes include a more consistent colour throughout the straw, and also it now looks as if the straw is inside the onion rather than cut off at the nearest onion layer.