The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

@ Mustang Maverick: I was wondering when Ash recomended the reflection if it would work........ great to see that you did it. I like!

Well Ash........... you suggested to open the top of the box and place marbles inside as well as pouring out of the box. I was going to try to do that with the original image and apparently I didn't save any of the PDN files just pngs so it is revised alittle more than just that......... but tell me what do you think. Boy did I learn a lot trying to get those stinking marbles inside that box.

Original 7/29/07 10:43pm --->

Cubetubeball.png

Modified 7/30/07 8:21 pm --->

(I also tryed to remove the obviouse Polars for those who are sick of seeing them - couldn't get them off the marbles though)

BoxofBallsPDN.png

Tell me what you think....... These marbles kinda remind me of old shooting marbles my dad has in a jar in the basement. :roll:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

@ Mustang Maverick: I was wondering when Ash recomended the reflection if it would work........ great to see that you did it. I like!

Thanks! :lol:

zookey i'd like to make a suggestion. use AA wehn you make the spheres. And use shadows, or drops shadows. Which ever you prefer.

:wink:

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

used Ash's tut on 3d tube for wood barrel manipulated it from there to the forked tree branch then used madjiks gentree maker for three smaller branches

painted my self using gradiant and multiple layers the leave pattern one stalk of leaves

mirrored that then did some rotations and cut portions and pasted in individual layers finished off some overlaps by pasting individual leaves over joins.

did a drop shadow (sun comes from right top) need to still read up and practice the shadow tut ....if I can find it again. does anyone know how and where on this image my highlights should be?

forkinthetree-2.png

@Mr Frojo Thanks I went for a quick walk to the park in the heat and high humidity tonight made it a short one. so didn't have too much time to sketch ....just wanted to get the concept down so I remember and will do proper drawing tomorrow if I have time.

if you take a look at the tut Ash has you will see my original tree I did, there wasn't enough negative space between the leaves. this makes them pop a bit more. I've still to figure out the different shadings etc.

think I made the original barrel too small and its the one I pasted in under the revised tree. that's why its blurry ....I think.

zookey i'd like to make a suggestion. use AA wehn you make the spheres. And use shadows, or drops shadows. Which ever you prefer.

:wink:

Thanks for the suggestions. I went back into the file since I still happen to have it open -- I tryed to add drop shadows using the plug-in and it makes the dementions look way off. Could be the way the balls are sitting too, I don't know. Could be because I don't know how to use them!

My other question for you is what is "AA"? Thre was a box on the 3D plug-in that I think said Anti-something or other I checked and that was checked.......... so ???? I am confused. What should it have done?

Thanks for the suggestions!

@ Oma -- I thought you were going on Holiday? You aren't back already are you? Love the tree!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

@zookey I was supposed to leave on my white water raft adventure this weekend coming but son in law --( the one that talked me into this nutty thing) broke an arm big wicked cast on his arm

we had to cancel the trip. I'm not a real nice mother in law my words exactly when he told me we weren't likely going "geeee that's Too Bad" as I supress a giggle of joy.

Anyways long story short we were down to the travel bureau today and booked a trip to the east coast instead. Part of the trip is a whale watching tour. A much better safer more Oma like thing I'm sure.

So I'm off Friday morning back by the 18th of August. I'm going to be suffering computor withdrawals by then. Upside is I'll be able to practice my pencil and paper sketching.

chow

@ Oma: I am glad you will still get to go on Holiday. Maybe bring us back some Whale drawings when you return!

So Okay, now I have added the shadow effect to the marbles/balls as Maverick suggested. But am still unsure of what "AA" is and what it should have acheived. Any other suggestions?

BoxofBallsPDN-1.png

This is the week for the annual audit where I work and next week we move the offices..........so by the end of next week I may need AA!

What that is not what Maverick meant by "AA"? :lol:

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery