The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

a little hint about me

I like all things Asian influenced and I collect antique glass and patterned plates.

this is part of a larger picture and still requires a bit of touching up. some feathering an I have to move the green bowl down to the shelf and some of the wood work needs pixel painting yet.

but for now a taste of what I'm working on.

chinacabinet.png

@ Oma, Do you happen to have a hutch that looks like that in your house?? My Grandmother had one like that! Along with the green bowl (hers had a small pedistal under it). !!Wonderful!! work ! You and Ash (an many others) always amaze me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

What I hate about this topic, is that if you spend a day without checking it, boy you have some reading to do :lol:

I really love the eyeball, did you use dent for the blood vessels?

Oma, I'm sure you'll work out that shelf thing. I hate it when I forget words.

Make sure you don't break a plate!

[/lame joke of the day]

Oh, by the way, maybe (if you didn't do so already), put the windows on a layer, the plates on another one, and the wooden frame on another one. That way, you can see the pattern of the glass on the bowl :D

Sig-1.png

@zookey yes I've a hutch not quite like this one mine has a bowed glass front and is much more ornate. and the green bowl I put a base on it already. its part of a collection of milton pressed glass wear I've got ( I dont' have the bowl its on my list for hunting down in the antique shops next holidays.)

@blooper all are on separate layers except for the outside of the hutch and the semi transparent glass in the doors. Now I'm wishing I hadn't flattened the image at that point but I wasn't going to go any further and just decided to add the plates after that part was done.

oh well live and learn I'll be doing the book case shortly hint #2 I love to read!

Trooper made me feel like "tip-toeing through the tulips" so here goes the yellow lillies from my flower bed, to bad they were either white or pink last year (I have never grown yellow lillies)......

Original:

oringinal.png

Some selective colorization:

0441Selectivecoloring.png

Some WOW colors ( I am not sure what I did):

0441WOWcoloring.png

And my favorite: Hue Sat and Curves +

0441HSCurvescoloring.png

Same as above but with a Softened border:

0441Borderedout.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

@ASH can I have a cookie as well? good image! makes me hungry for some after dinner sweets.

ummmm! Ash you like to draw food, seems I recall a banana, and a strawberry and that waffel looked to me like an icecreamcone. What's next our Thanksgiving turkey?

Just use Seamless texture maker and you can make more cookies and everyone can have one :)

:lol: Few guys wanted me to make em a cookie, so I did.

I guess food is on my mind a lot since I draw what comes to mind :?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Here is the flower again--honestly it started out that way-- with a little Kalidascope and I threw in some Polar Conversions. If Oma wants to Omafy this she is more than welcome.........

PolarKalida.png

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

you know, i get bored of polar inversion as well, no offense to your picture, but im agreeing with BB on this

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

no offense taken Spike. You don't care for them, Oma likes them. We are all entitled to our own opintion.......I was just messing around and thought it fit the image.

Cubetubeball.png

Some other morph of the blue flower. The bounce is not right on the ball but it is....... well not right.

My deviantART gallery

Paint.Net Gallery

you know, i get bored of polar inversion as well, no offense to your picture, but im agreeing with BB on this

Agreed. We've already seen a ton of images that use polar inversion.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I agree that polar inversion is getting very overused, however in capable hands* it can be quite effective.

*Seen Ash's tiger? Yeah, polar inversion.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I agree that polar inversion is getting very overused, however in capable hands* it can be quite effective.

*Seen Ash's tiger? Yeah, polar inversion.

Wow, that was quick!! :shock:

I was just reading Rick's post and thinking of making reply.

If we don't let polar inversion be the finishing touch of an image, but just 1 of the steps.

Many new possibilities can happen :)

now now its just a phase. everyone new comes across that polar inversion and its like wow! now they will all learn from there. lets see what you can make of those polars now. remember that eraser is a real bonus when you work on after doing a polar inversion.

hint when I do a omafied version I like to get rid of the centre......

@zookey:

That's pretty nice, You could try getting rid of the top on the Box.

it will look like the box is opened.

*uncheck TOP near upper right in shape3d*

And add a few more orbs inside the box, it will look like the orbs are coming outta the box, bouncing around :)

Might be cool..

@Bob

@CommanderSozo

@snospmiS

@Evolution

@Oma

Thanks for the complements!

(Sorry if I left anyone out...)

I wasn't expecting that good of a turn out. I'm glad you all like it!

I agree polar inversion can be good at times. Others not so much.

My latest.

Kaylynn4resized.png

Suggestions?

:wink:

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

Jpope I really like the color palette you use.

It is unique in a way. Sort of your signature colors I guess you could say.

Nice work!

:wink:

MonsterUserbar.png

Furhairuserbar.png

That's really cool Trooper. I guess i haven't played with all the plug-ins or is that negative affect from the properties of the layers? I haven't played with that part of PDN yet.

I'm pretty sure there is a "negative colors" thrown in there somewhere as well as multiple other plugins. Honestly, I did quite a bit, so I don't remember all the steps off the cuff. Feel free to d/l the .pdn from my sight and go through it, however. I try to put them all up (the .pdn's) when I post, and sometimes there's potential material in some of the layers.

SamusSig.jpg

@zookey oh this is a great dragon really love it. great colors bright but not your basic primary red, blue and yellow and green

Wonderful!

@mustang that eyeball is tooo real creeps me out.

@trooper that is a good image I'm liking the negative look of this one.

Thanks, Oma. I think I'm gonna play with the original of that image for a while -- the raindrops really make me want to do *something* with that image.

SamusSig.jpg

a little hint about me

I like all things Asian influenced and I collect antique glass and patterned plates.

this is part of a larger picture and still requires a bit of touching up. some feathering an I have to move the green bowl down to the shelf and some of the wood work needs pixel painting yet.

but for now a taste of what I'm working on.

I like the image, Oma. The hutch/cabinet has much more attention to detail than I could sit still for. Salute!

SamusSig.jpg