The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Glass cube.

Enjoy & have a nice weekend 8)

Glass_Cube_by_0_ASH_0.jpg

One vote for a tutorial!

spoils the challenge of trying to figure it out. 8) That cube is the result of a lot of practice and all that trial and error cant be shared in a tut, and its where the real lesson lies. My guess is that the main parts were made individually and I dont think it was a short process.

What gives it away is the edges or corners of the cube. This was likely assembled similar to the cube with different pics on each side.

th_glasscube.pngth_glasscubeb.png

quick attempt. Copy ashes cube into PDN and really look at the highlights , free your mind and let it pick up the different aspects he used in shading and create your own vision of a cube based on a likeness.

I wouldnt mind knowing the shape technique but the glass texture I feel is better as ashes signiture technique.

Quite a long post there :) I'm proud of the statments you made there, and I agree, that's why I teach on how to make the textures/patterns/parts most of the time (Fur and not the whole tiger) Just give a push and let the users find their own style and path.

"cube with different pics on each side" Almost, but not for this piece. but that is 1 of the method I often use too.

"I wouldnt mind knowing the shape technique" Hints: Shape3d :arrow: Box :arrow: Plane Map (scalable) :D

"free your mind": Yes, and remember...there is no spoon 8)

And it's Ash's not Ashes :o I'm not "finished" yet :lol:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Vendrw's cubes totally pwn Ash's.

Great job there, V.

Depends on the context; ash's are clean lined and very tidy where as mine have a very random element in shading. I like ash's because of the clean lines. I like mine due to the "random" shading.

My whole point was not to compete but to ad a variant that illuminates The internalization of the variant on a transparent cube. Ash was sucessful in the decpetion of a singularly patterned wall , if you examine the connecting points of the cube walls they lie about obvious constrution methods by insinuation. That is good art. When I could take a lengthy route to reproduce the exact piece that is simpler than it looks.

In that conntext Ash is the clear winner. So in either context there is a win in the representation.

Thanks for the vote though, I must admit there is a shred of ego that thoroughly enjoyed that. :lol:

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds

I beg to differ; Ash's cubes are better in my opinion. Yours are still great, vern.

You're entitled to that, but Vern's have more texture in them and are therefore more realistic. Its one thing to make a cube on an graphic manipulating program, but it is another to step it forward and enhance the program's ability.

While Ash's was indeed good, Vern's was beyond what can easily be achieved and thus I conclude that Vern's, not Ash's, cubes are better.

Latino.

I beg to differ; Ash's cubes are better in my opinion. Yours are still great, vern.

You're entitled to that, but Vern's have more texture in them and are therefore more realistic. Its one thing to make a cube on an graphic manipulating program, but it is another to step it forward and enhance the program's ability.

While Ash's was indeed good, Vern's was beyond what can easily be achieved and thus I conclude that Vern's, not Ash's, cubes are better.

Thats the beauty of ash's cube, its not easy, but its easier than I thought it was for one part of its construction. making a smooth transparent layer convincing like ash did isnt easy especially with the other walls and corners behind it.

I dont mean to seem ungrateful because its rare when I get that kind of support here, really this is one of a few times and I have never recieved this strong of an accolade from a peer here.

I just think that you may be missing the context of ash's cube or if you arent Then the comparison of illusory reflective qualities of either cube has revealed your preference. And having one preference swayed from a great pixel manipulator like ash is really a gracious compliment.

glasscubecglassandsteel.png

retired from PDN forums. Later dewds