The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

... after waiting 10-20 minutes for it to render my blurs ...

Sounds like someone needs a Kentsfield ;)

Edit: For reference, it takes about 1 minute to apply a 200-px radius Gaussian Blur to a 20.5 megapixel image on a 3.2 GHz Core 2 Quad, in 64-bit Windows Vista.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

William, you should use BoltBait's Feather plugin after you make your cutout. It will smooth those edges nicely.

I don't want to wait the 20+ minutes for that to render and me not being able to do anything because of the RAM it takes lol. Plus I'd have to go be a while since I don't have the cutouts on a different layer in the final .PDN (seven layers and 220 MB in size....). I'd have to go back to the previous .PDN before I blended everything =/

Besides, it'll be so small in real life compared to how big it is on a computer screen that the mess-ups won't really be noticeable.

... after waiting 10-20 minutes for it to render my blurs ...

Sounds like someone needs a Kentsfield ;)

Edit: For reference, it takes about 1 minute to apply a 200-px radius Gaussian Blur to a 20.5 megapixel image on a 3.2 GHz Core 2 Quad, in 64-bit Windows Vista.

The next process I buy won't be an Intel =/ I am going to get one for playing games without all the Intel noise and is a lot faster, which should work to speed up how long it takes to render these darned blurs lol. I was so ignorant, I thought that upgrading my RAM to 1.5 GB would make it fast enough to easily render blurs on an image thats 3.25x2 Inches with 1000 res. lol. But besides that, I won't be getting the RAM Hog Vista, XP already eats enough.

Sig2.jpg

So, I realized yesterday, it's been a heck of a long time since I actually used PDN to make an image, start-to-finish. Everyone else is posting awesome images (big thumbs up guys :D), and I don't want people to think I've lost my edge or anything (:wink:).

So here's some sig possibilities I made this morning (technically 4:00 am is the morning, isn't it...). I tried to rip off jake2k's style :wink::

cmd-roughmatteglass.png

cmd-smoothshinyglass.png

CMD

Could you make a tutorial on those signatures?

They are Awesome!

Edit: sorry my bad :oops:

eastersig3vt5.png

hey kroteck, how di you get that animation?

Picc84, it's a little program called Pivot Stickman. This is my first attempt at using it. You should google and see some of the incredible things experienced guys can do with it.

Thanks CMD, but I'm confused. You're not suggesting that it's a built in feature are you? I've downloaded tons of plugins but I thought file types were something you also had to download.

Can someone direct me with a link, or explain this better? Sorry to be such a noob. Thanks

KORTECKGOLDGIFSIG455x100.gif

I'm making a new sig (because everyone else is).

**HINT**

It will be "digital"

EDIT: I'm doing the finishing touches.

I tried it out as an animated gif, but its messed up, so I'm going to make it an animated jpg (yes, you can make them!)

Never mind. It evolves Java.

EDIT 2:

Now it looks too big:

useddigitalclock.jpg

digitalclock.jpg

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Those look good usedhonda but i would suggest lowering the opacity on the glares ;)

I made these and thought they looked pretty cool:

WHfire.pngWH.png

WHSM.pngWHSMstars.png

It's really fun to make things at such a small scale lol :D

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

Thanks CMD, but I'm confused. You're not suggesting that it's a built in feature are you? I've downloaded tons of plugins but I thought file types were something you also had to download.

Can someone direct me with a link, or explain this better? Sorry to be such a noob. Thanks

I'm not entirely sure to what you're referring here. I haven't had a chance to respond yet. However, if you're referring to the diagonal lines, which was the last question I saw directed toward me:

When the Paint Bucket is seleted (in 2.7 it's always there), there will be a "Fill" drop down box, the second one from the left in the toolbar. If you open that, you can select from a miriad of simple patterns to apply to your fill. It also affects text and the like, so remember to change it back after you're done.

Well, there's a new sig-in-progress I'm going to share with you. It's a little busy, but I didn't plan the message I ended up putting on it. It struck me after I made the area much too small for how long the message was. Oh well.

I don't think I've kept it hidden that I'm utterly facinated with the images jake2k comes up with, and I often find myself wondering how he did such complex images with sweeping curves in a program which doesn't have anti-aliased selections. (For instance, the textured pipes in this one.)

In so pondering, I decided to try how I thought I'd do it if I were smart and such. I didn't put much time into detailing the curvy pipes, but like I said, it was a test. Perhaps jake would tell us if I did it properly... :wink:

I made my sig image with the background gradient and clouds for texture, then I made a new image, much larger, and created the pipes in there. I started with tall boxes, textured them a bit with a fill style, then used Polar Conversion to make them curvy. Then I copied them into the sig and viola!

LifeBrain.png

P.S.

Jake, if you ever get sick of me trying to bite your style, just lemme know. :D

P.P.S.

Alex: I'd be happy to write up a tutorial on how I made those sigs!

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

What is going to be my new sig. The font is "Impact" with what amounts to my attempt at a grunge effect.

bark.png

By the way, barkbark, I kinda brushed over that post of yours. I love your new sig! The lighting effects, both on the text and on the generators on the sides are outstanding. :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

When the Paint Bucket is seleted (in 2.7 it's always there), there will be a "Fill" drop down box, the second one from the left in the toolbar. If you open that, you can select from a miriad of simple patterns to apply to your fill. It also affects text and the like, so remember to change it back after you're done.
Thank you CMD. I had found that in 2.7 but I downloaded 3.0 a week later and never thought about it again. I can't believe I've had that available to me all this time and had totally forgotten about it. :roll:
KORTECKGOLDGIFSIG455x100.gif

What is going to be my new sig. The font is "Impact" with what amounts to my attempt at a grunge effect.

bark.png

By the way, barkbark, I kinda brushed over that post of yours. I love your new sig! The lighting effects, both on the text and on the generators on the sides are outstanding. :D

Thanks man. I started out trying to get a jake2k'ish banner workin' and got sidetracked. I'm glad you liked it.

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Man, there is some really nice stuff popping up in here lately. Crazy Man Dan's coming up with those very clean, glossy tech sigs, barkbark00 got that sweet new grunge sig with the awsome electrical archs, usedHONDA came up with a really nice digital text effect for his new sig, and then BuzzKill pops in with a cool 3D washer (the one with the tile is 10x as cool btw :wink: ) Oh yea and then theres korteck with his funny little stick man that can't seem to stay on his feet haha :P . Great job everybody, seems like the new year brings in new sigs lol.

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^