The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Yeah, its funny.

I drove the two cars in the background in my game GTR2. If I where to choose one of them to own, it would be the Porsche. It handles so much better. Less tire wear. More fuel economic. To tell you the truth, Vipers stink.

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Not too sure what this is... I opened PDN and let my hands (ocassionally my feet) do the rest, and this came out. O.o

Pyramid.jpg

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

Hey Hellfire, how did u make the purple ring around the top of the pyramid?

I like it :D

Could you post it in these forums or pm me? (just a simple tutorial)

I'll try to remember the best I can.

First, I used the clouds effect (plugin one) to create a redish cloud surface. Then, I made a circle on a new layer and cut out everything on the clouds layer that fell outside of that circle. Next, I used distort>twist to give it the swirly look. Then, I went to layers>Rotate/Zoom and turned it to that angle. Then, I duplicated that layer twice and changed the blending modes on the top two. Then, I added some motion blurs (verticle-ish) and some gaussian blurs to different layers. Then... oh that's it. :)

Probably could have been done better though, but that's basically how I did it.

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png

pdn3Dnetblue.png

Buzzkill's post in the PDN 3.0 Logo contest inspired this.

floatingfin3.png

In this one I tried to add some depth of field to increase realism.

floatingfin1.png

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

@Hellfire010: :shock: Wow, thats really cool looking. Very 3D-like.

@barkbark00: Thats sweet! It's like a pdn pop-up book :D

This is what happens when it's 3:30 in the morning and I can't get to sleep:

idkzo4.png

I usually don't even bother saving them but I kinda like this one. I might try to improve upon it when I'm more awake :P .

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

A work in progress...

pdn3_box_concept.png

Shipping soon! :lol:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Thanks. It still needs more tweaking, but overall I'm happy with it.

I really like your rendition of the "pop up" concept, especially how you staggered the thumbnail previews in the MDI.

@jake2k

idkzo4.png

You're good at creating those sci-fi/mech/tech images. The detail is extremely good. Even the border has some detail to it. Very nice!

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

So, I realized yesterday, it's been a heck of a long time since I actually used PDN to make an image, start-to-finish. Everyone else is posting awesome images (big thumbs up guys :D), and I don't want people to think I've lost my edge or anything (:wink:).

So here's some sig possibilities I made this morning (technically 4:00 am is the morning, isn't it...). I tried to rip off jake2k's style :wink::

cmd-roughmatteglass.png

cmd-smoothshinyglass.png

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I like the texturing of the center on the first one.

Definitely jake2k'esque...

CMD, Impressive as always. I can only hope to be as talented as you someday. Oh, and I knew you still had it in ya, as I sometimes take a peek at your Photobucket album. :shock:

EDIT: Is that a Polar Inversion, Clouds, and possibly buildings I see in the center of the first one?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

cmd-roughmatteglass.png

cmd-smoothshinyglass.png

OOOOHHHH.

AHHHHH.

SOOOO.

SMOOTH.

:shock:

@ BuzzKill:

Looks good, but Rated E :?:

Now you got my to try one of my own!

EDIT: and were did you get such a big logo?

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Thanks guys! I didn't intend to invoke groveling, though...

<_<

EDIT: Is that a Polar Inversion, Clouds, and possibly buildings I see in the center of the first one?

Very good guess! It's a fill style of Thin Horizontal, to which I applied the Dents effect to scatter and disturb the lines, then Polar Inversion. Then the Clouds plugin (Sepcot's, not the built-in one. Sorry Rick :)) for a dingy, scuffed look. The last part, what looked like the buildings, is the letters "CMD" in the font Extravaganza by Gyom Séguin. It's the same font used for the CMD in the second one, just larger and nearly transparent.

And yes BoltBait, you're such a disappointment. You should go listen to some Emo. :wink:

Actually, you helped me make the second one! I wanted to use a smooth HSV fade, so I used your and Illnab's gradient plugin! :D

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

[inappropriate Expletive Removed], I need some skillz. :(

We should call him "BuzzSkillz"!

EDIT: My post make absolutely no sense...Only after I posted it did I realize that it was not Buzzkill, but CMD that we were talking about. Please for give my idiocy. :oops:

Hm...Well, this is an ID I was making for my Digital Photography class (omitting the details). It's a really big picture but I shrunk it, so it should be okay for just using IMG (this is actually a compressed version of it. For the .PDN file it ate 750 MB of RAM to open to give you perspective of its resolution and size):

IDEx.jpg

As you may have noticed, cutting myself out wasn't the best of cuts. I used a different program for that but anyhow, after working on it for two hours I didn't want to fix my mistake. It's not like they'll be noticed in real life since it'll only be a 3.25x2 inch ID.

I am using light sabers, but when I tinted the image they aren't that well recognizable. So here's the image before I tinted it.

IDEx2.jpg

And as you may also notice, these sabers don't stay true to the movie version. And I have a very simple reason as to why: after waiting 10-20 minutes for it to render my blurs I didn't want to fix my errors. Luckily in the tented version they look a ton better for some reason.

Sig2.jpg