Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

Shiny, I like it :D

Love that silvery look to it, how'd you do that?

About the aliasing, I believe it is due to my use of the Rotate/Zoom tool. I rotate the image to get the perspective I want, and what I think that does is that it builds up the anti-aliasing along certain edges, depending on the angle I set.

Edit: Also new image

boomhc.png

Yellowman, that IS beautiful!

The first-ever picture by PdN with my new laptop. Though it's some few months old, I thought I'd show it.

It's originally 1920*1080 (resized to 900*something to show it off) and was my background for a long time, and just yesterday I had the urge to find it again, and now it's up once again :P

Come_Forth_by_Fingleschkaise.png

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

About the aliasing, I believe it is due to my use of the Rotate/Zoom tool. I rotate the image to get the perspective I want, and what I think that does is that it builds up the anti-aliasing along certain edges, depending on the angle I set.

boomhc.png

Pardon the pun, but this is the da bomb!. I like it.

As for making the shine in my latest post, it was the use of Metallize (you ought to check it out and download it), blending modes (I think I used negation or difference, can't remember anymore), and a bit of blur. Feathering didn't help at all. Perhaps the use of Rotate/Zoom does distort it if we use the setting too far back...it's not a 3D program after all, but we can get by.

@Yellowman...that's a great picture!

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@ Yellowman That is just :shock: Beautiful, amazing, breathtaking ! Maybe a tut on that ? Please ? Pretty please ?

@ EscapistAngel, Wow, I really like that. Very Tech ! Kind of The Matrix looking kind of thing. Great job.

@ Kemaru, Very very nice. Great color (looks much better at full size than the thumb) and you didn't over do the zoom blur ! Great job.

@ Lance, Really nice. Clever but could use some color. I think you are right about the AA in the use of the outline object to get the 3D effect. I have had better luck with motion blur and duplicating the image as much as needed but even then I still have to clean it up a little.

@ Aguba, WOW ! Beautiful stuff ! Makes me want to give it a try. I looked through the guy's gallery that you mentioned and it's pretty impressive, but I think you are on the right track to catch him. Some work on technical issues like the AA and I think you will have it down. Maybe a tut is in order? I agree with Lance, you should look at the metalize plugin, I think you will like it once you play around with it. There is also a new blend modes plugin that you should also check out. Sorry, I'm not at my laptop and do not have it on this computer so I can't remember what the correct name is. Anyways, it does some really cool stuff that you might find helpful. You can also get some great advice from Yellowman, he is one of the best 3D artists on here and has been a huge inspiration to me and maybe my most patient tutor. :lol:

Keep up the great work, glad to have you on the forum !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

boomhc.png

Wow, simply amazing! All your 3D art is amazing.

wormhole2.png

Using Paint.net for 5 months.

@ 007Nab, nice ! I bet that really glows on your phone. I took a photo out of the top floor of a really tall building for my new phone wall paper. I'm afraid of heights. :lol:

The entries are all in for the WOTW competition, Exploring The New Frontier. I didn't think it would be fair for me to enter since I won the last one and I thought up the theme for this one, but I did make an image. :lol: This is something that has been rattling around in my head for a long time and I finally got the idea complete. I was thinking who would be the very first company to make a transporter, (like on Star Trek, duh !) and I realized that the logical choice would be an elevator company. Think that one through for a while...... :D

th_AcmeElevatorAdvert.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@Heat Stroke: Your pic is awesome, it gives a real sense of depth. I really liked it.

I also would like to show off some sick skills, but I don't have any, so I'll just post this nice pic that is in my background right now:

(Heh, that's the idea of this topic afterall, isn't it?)

79927_joliema%20seismo_weave_median.jpg

/*click image to full size*/

Got her pic on the web, removed people from the BG, wrote her name, then seismography->weave->median filter. I think this is a good example of how powerfull pdn is, because even though I loved the outcome, the process to achieve it was pretty simple and easy!

The left side was left free for the "iconry".