Image Umbrella: Desktop Art

david.atwell

• 3 weeks later...

@ ptuZ I think it looks great. I can't imagine what I would change it it.

@ Gazek The only thing I would change would be to center the Windows logo using "align object".

@ Psycho Harmonic I would have added a question mark, but otherwise very nice.

Today is the opening day for the Indianapolis Colts 2010 Football season. To celebrate I've made a wallpaper for my laptop. This is a letterbox format wallpaper 1490 X 900. If you are a Colts fan, feel free to download it and use it if you want. I may make a few more for some friends and fellow Colts Fans so check my gallery if you want. :D Go Colts !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

COLTS!

Nice, a little too busy for my liking. I will prepare a simplistic Colts wallpaper soon, stay tuned!

Edit: As a 49'ers fan (I live in Bay Area)... of course I will also make a niners WP.

Edited by csm725

@ Possum: Very nice, neat looking 3d text with lots of gloss and shine, i like that :) The golden wire-frame football in the back is also really cool. Not sure if the background with the "Indianapolis Colts" really fits, I think that adds a lot of the "busyness" csm725 is talking about. But I guess it's a matter of taste how much you want to have going on on your desktop background.

@ aguba: Definitely professional looking. Simple idea yet very nice, neat and glossy. Beautiful.

Edited by olav.k.m
dragonseyesig.png

@ Possum: Very nice, neat looking 3d text with lots of gloss and shine, i like that :) The golden wire-frame football in the back is also really cool. Not sure if the background with the "Indianapolis Colts" really fits, I think that adds a lot of the "busyness" csm725 is talking about. But I guess it's a matter of taste how much you want to have going on on your desktop background.

@ aguba: Definitely professional looking. Simple idea yet very nice, neat and glossy. Beautiful.

Thanks. I think I do see the problem. The background image of the new Lucas Oil Stadium does not go well with the textured text overlay. On the wallpaper I made last year I used a photo from a game of Peyton Manning throwing a pass to Dallas Clark and it was a more subtle effect. The photo of the stadium is too harsh with the texture overlay. Thanks for pointing that out. I need to change that.

Thanks flip. I actually posted a different image using the same technique as a reply on your tutorial thread.

Also,

@Possum: Awesome. Love the 3D text, and the football looks just cool.

Thanks, I appreciate it ! I really like what you did with flip's tut. The juxtaposition of the color and grayscale really makes the image for me. Very nice and clean.

Actually, not grayscale. There's a subtle dash of color in there. I didn't like the (what I perceived to be) harsher contrast of color and black and white, so I just desaturated the image enough to provide a soft contrast, while still leaving color.

Actually, not grayscale. There's a subtle dash of color in there. I didn't like the (what I perceived to be) harsher contrast of color and black and white, so I just desaturated the image enough to provide a soft contrast, while still leaving color.

Ah, now that I look again, there is the faintest blush of green on the leaves. How did you get that effect? It's so very subtle.

Thankies, Sharp. I'm currently making a siggy like that, except instead of being blurry and desaturated, it will by grungy. And yes, I will keep it up. ^_^

I will post a new background soon...

Edit: Just wanted to mention that I LOVE the Cross Processing plugin. I see that effect ALL the time on DA, and to finally be able to do it without having to mess with gradient maps on PS is awesome.

Edited by Ai7

33awh0n.jpg

@aguba My mind is officially blown by your desktop. Amazing work!

spacescapeenhanced.th.png

It's a basic spacescape, varies little from the tutorial, but I felt it was worth posting. I have a few more, but I have to find them again. I'll be sure to post them when I do.

Edited by chaosportal

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finally getting around to uploading my images onto the forum, my computer had some problems(and still does). anyway heres a simple background i made.

hellboilsover.png

Comments? I know it's simple, but i'm still tweaking with PDN and exploring its incredibly vast features.

Edited by kevkevmacattack