Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

@Crimson - I really like your sig. A classic and legendary signature maker for me. :wink:

@TopHATslash - Didn't you say the MassEffect (Asari *winkwink*) signature was made with Photoshop and you did some major filtering and coloring in PDN?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f134/Code_Ember/daredevil_v3.png

Code_Ember passed away on October 25, 2008. The Paint.NET forum staff and members wish his family and friends only the best in this difficult time.

Its quite cool. The blue and grey go well together, and the faded reflection is also a nice touch. Great job!

Made a new Andy Murray sig. It was all done in PDN except for the stadium, Murray stocks, and the lighting by the text. Used a lot of Smudge. :P

murrayavatar.pngmurraysig.png

cc?

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

A WIP of my Andy Murray sig coming soon. The effect behind was created with smudge. I love smudge.

murraysigwip.png

What do ya guys think?

I think that you should duplicate the smudging, mess it up a bit so it's not so 'flowy' (just small strokes), and lower the opacity of the first smudging. Also add some messy smudging on top of Andy, towards the bottom of his stomach.

[Edit] This stuff still stands although you posted a new version.

Wow, I'm liking the differnt layers of that image :P I think that you should do 1 messed layer and one normal and combine them. I've been expanding on my original image and made an ice and fire signature. (Well the colours are ice and fire)

stjim%20logo%20part.png

Ice like one

stjim%20logo%20part(f).png

Fire style one. Can you tell me which one you perfare and if I could do anything else to them?

Thanks.

I like them both - they both have their own style - and it doesn't look like the only difference is color either - good job on the smudging too. The glare on the text looks nice, though the text itself looks a bit aliased in some areas.

Here's some text experimenting, it's kinda dark because I messed around with it a little too much, but I think it looks kinda cool.

pdnfunam7.th.png

Clicky^^

The text itself is the outlines you see - there is no black magic text that covers up everything but the lighting you see.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@Pipp: That is pretty good. The only thing that bothers me is that the borders aren't equal (You'll know what I mean if you look right). This one's your best IMO because it isn't as sharp as your other sigs.

Summer_Sig_by_Kemaru.png

I was practising rendering and this is the result. I think it's my worst, plainest, and the most boring sig ever. Just thought I'd show it anyway.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

You have a lot of pictures there Pitos - I think you need to work on color choice - some of the colors you stick in some sigs don't match the rest of the signature.

My favorite out of the ones you put on there would have to be your current one - the Guitar Hero one is good too, even though the text you added doesn't go well with the signature - it needs to be along those colors.

Good efforts so far - keep it up!

_____

More text experimenting (very basic, but I liked the outcome)

th_firedisplacedtext.png

Clicky^^ for big version (suggested)

No smudge, by the way, if that's what you're thinking :wink:

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

:shock: looks great

any tips on how you did that?

Thanks here's the basics of it:

Fill with black, add new layer + text

blur text at a high amount (but still legible)

save as text map.png

new layer diff clouds, diff clouds, diff clouds, about 5 times.

Curves to color the cluds whatever color

Run displacement plugin on clouds layer - load text map.png and displace both x and y fully to max (I think it's 200)

And there you have it. All you have to do now is crop to your text.

Simple, but I thought it looked cool.

Sorry for the confusion guys, the plugin I am talking about is Alpha-Displacement.

You save the blurred text as a .png, and then load it into the plugin for the clouds layer. Then you select the "displacement on?" And raise both x & y to 200.