Image Umbrella: Signatures, Avatars, Logos & Text

david.atwell

I made these for when I use the name Jagwire..

jagwiresig2.png

jagava.png

jagwire.png

This is my WoW name, and my forum name for the guild I'm in..(this is also what my character actually looked like at the time..I think I've bought all new armor since then tho..)..I don't really like the sig. gonna make a new one soon, I hope.

kanamack.png

kan-sig.png

Here's one I made out of fun, was just experimenting(sp?)

riddicksig.png

I made this for someone..they liked it, but I hated it lol. Kinda ashamed to say I did it :P

klutterd1.png

and here's a hitman sig I did..cause I love hitman..

hitmansig1.png

And my latest sig/ava duo (the ones I currently use, as well):

kpava1.png

kpsig.png

Krutch-it, your first one is my favourite. Simple but elegant and effective. The rest don't appeal to me a lot though, for the ones that have renders in them, you should use some effects to make them blend in the with sig, add lighting etc. The blending applies for Krutch-it, christiansteele and The great 1. Try smudging or looking at some sig tutorials on how to do so.

Text embossed into wood. All PDN, except for wood. It was quite simple actually.

embossedtext.png

It says water, because i was going to do liquid text on the wood, but i kinda phased it into this embossed version. :lol:

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

@LFC4EVER: looks good and if you would add a focalpoint and a highlight as described in erazer's waterdrop tutorial (I hope I got it right) it would look like water.

@Krutch-it: it's good, but I think you can do better, it can be me. I just don't like people using renders, because I think that if you really want an image that bad, you should have a try yourself.

anyway here's my new avatar, tired of feeling a noob, soon I'll make a sig (I think)

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Thanks for the input, guys :)

@LFC4EVER: I did use one of the tutorials for most of those sigs. I tried the frost glass+glaussian blur at different levels on many different layers, but it never came out like it did in the tut. And. I hate smudging. It doesn't seem to do anything except make things darker. And I don't want darker, I want smudge. O.o

@Boude: But isn't me getting an image the same as a render? ISn't a render just a cut-out of an image? I don't think I understand what you mean by "have a try yourself" ...

Hey guys im kinda new and i cant get my avatar to work. I put in the web address and it does'nt work. Any help would be appreacated Thanks. :D

Well, there are two slots, so did you try both of them? If you did, try downloading the image and uploading it to the site.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

@LFC4Ever ... the water wood text really does look like it's been carved from one piece of wood. I like that one a lot. Nice job.

Thanks, i messed a bit more with the method and used it on some diamond plate metal.

I don't think it turned out as well as the wood one, but it looks nice anyway.

embossedtext2.png

Merry Christmas

A focal point is the place your eyes go to first in a work. It's usually the most different part of the image. In the example, there really isn't one- it's all too similar. The skull on the right is trying to be, but it could use some more contrast.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Erase the swirls when they're supposed to go behind the car. A bit of a weird flow if you ask me.

Done for v2. The flow.. well, my excuse is.. its not supposed to have flow. :P

really like it ;)

only the textcolors are a bit :?

did you draw the lines with the line/curve tool ?

and the glow with the tut from tHS?

Thanks! Changed the text, and yeah, lines were done with line/curve tool. The glow, i just did that myself, didn't look at any tuts. :)

So..

v2:

hamiltonsigv2.png

better?

Merry Christmas

assasinsig.png

I was trying to do something that was different from my normal style (not sure if I even have yet, haha), but I don't really like it. The lightness at the bottom seems to offset it, but if I take it off it all looks empty.

I tried to find some way to make it look like something is floating around him (like an exploded ring of some kind?), kinda transparent, but I couldn't come up with anything good.

Help?

EDIT: Also, I was wanting to do something like clouds surrounding him, but not so overhwleming that it took over the whole thing, but I don't know how to do that without it being over the whole sig. Help with that would be good, too.

EDIT 2: I saved the pdn file, so I can change it all I want, heh.