Paint.NET v3.20 is now available!

Please digg this: 16x16-digg-guy.gifhttp://digg.com/software/Paint_NET_v3_2 ... _available

Alright, you can either get it from the website, http://www.getpaint.net , or via the built-in updater from the Help menu ("Check for Updates").

Thanks are due to everyone for all the alpha and beta testing help. Enjoy! And now I'm hungry so I'm gonna go eat or something.

New in this release since v3.10:

* Rectangle Select tool can now draw selections based on a Fixed Size or Fixed Ratio setting.
    RectangleSelectFixedSizeRatio.png
    * The selection combination mode is now accessible from the toolbar (Replace, Add, Subtract, Invert ("xor")).
    SelectionMode.png
    * The "flood mode" for the Magic Wand and Paint Bucket tool are now accessible from the toolbar (Continuous, or Global).
    MagicWandContiguousGlobal.png
    * Reorganized the Effects menu so that all effects are classified under submenus named Artistic, Blurs, Distort, Noise, Photo, Render, and Stylize.
    * Improved rendering quality for the Motion Blur effect.
    * Enhanced the Radial Blur effect so that the center of blurring can be chosen, as well as the quality.
    * Enhanced the Zoom Blur effect so that the center of zooming can be chosen.
    * Enhanced the Bulge distortion effect so that the center of "bulging" can be chosen.
    * Enhanced the Frosted Glass distortion effect in several ways: 1) performance has been improved from between 1,000% to 10,000% depending on image size and property settings, 2) the scatter radius can now be set up to 200 pixels, 3) a "minimum" scatter radius can be chosen, 4) a smoothness setting is now available.
    * Enhanced the Tile Reflection distortion effect by adding a Quality property.
    * Enhanced the Twist distortion effect by 1) allowing counter-clockwise twisting, 2) allowing the size of the twisted area to be configured, 3) allowing the location/center of twisting to be chosen.
    * Enhanced the Add Noise effect by adding a "coverage" property.
    * New Mandelbrot Fractal and Julia Fractal render effects.
    * New IndirectUI system for plugin authors so that they can develop much more sophisticated effect configuration dialogs with a fraction of the amount of work that used to be required.
    * If an effect plugin crashes, it is much more likely that Paint.NET will be able to recover from the error.
    * The option to restart Paint.NET will then be provided as a recommended course of action.
    * If an effect plugin fails to load, or is blocked from loading, then a "View Plugin Load Errors..." item will be added to the File menu which can be clicked on to show the error and/or diagnostic information.
    * Improved the cursors for the Magic Wand and Paint Bucket tools.
    * Ctrl+Alt+0 now works for View->Actual Size (aka, "Zoom to 100%"), which is a shortcut key that other software uses (e.g., Photoshop).
    * Updates are now installed faster by only creating one System Restore point instead of two (it used to implicitly create one for uninstall, then one for the reinstall).
    * Lots of little bug fixes.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Excellent, Rick! As usual. Looks great, thank you so much!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I suppose I'm obligated to push my updated plugins out now ;)

Yes, and since you have many, maybe put them all into 1 topic and 1 zip? :wink:

Many? Only 3 of them are being updated (for now).

I mean you have many plugins, maybe a all in 1 zip and topic would be good idea :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Great thanks Rick.

And pyro Ash is right, you should put all your plugin's in 1 zip file, just like madjik, even though you wont be updating many...

Anyway that's just a thought...

Again 3.20 already (happyyyyyy :D)

Already? Awright! :)

I really appreciate the additions to the Selection tools. Very early on (maybe, first time I tested them?), they proved themselves invaluable!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Congratz !

Best Pdn Ever.

i like the new retangle select tool ,the settings for the blurs and much more !

Thanks Rick that you do this for me and the other Pdn users !

WHATZ.png

wear our signature and earn 50 studiocredits. pm me your username if you want to participate.

No, but some of them will no longer work. Updates of many are available.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Rick, I believe you forgot to include the "updated German localization". All new things have English strings. And yes, I have the final.

Maybe you should just post the correct .resources-file in the localization forum...

German works fine here ...

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg