Paint.NET v3.20 *Alpha 2* is now available

Get it either from the website (http://www.getpaint.net), or from within Paint.NET itself. Note: Make sure you have "Also check for beta releases" enabled. You can access this option by going to Help -> Check for Updates, then clicking on the "Options" button.

Please be sure to report any compatibility problems with plugins. Note: The new plugin system is still subject to change. Plugins written for this alpha are not guaranteed to work with the Beta or Final releases (although I will of course do my best to avoid breaking things).

Change log:

* Note: New features will be displayed in English through the Alpha and Beta release(s). The final release will include full translations for the other supported languages.
    * Fixed: Paint.NET would crash if you clicked on the "start cap" or "end cap" buttons for the Line/Curve tool
    * Fixed: Using Sepia would produce a result identical to Black & White, and would also mess up the undo history
    * Changed: Tolerance slider control is now 25% wider as per request on the forum
    * Changed: Improved the Magic Wand cursor
    * Changed: Improved the Paint Bucket cursor
    * Fixed: OnSetRenderInfo() was being called twice for effects that use the new property system
    * Fixed: Soften Portrait allows "0" for the Softness value again
    * Fixed: Tweaked some of the slider controls in some of the revamped effects
    * Fixed: Compatibility with several plugins

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Most Excellent! Thanks, Rick. Looks great.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

5983_523e0a740b47065a10cda2bb3987f5c8

* Changed: Tolerance slider control is now 25% wider as per request on the forum

Huh?? This is the Tolerance inicial setting with 3.20a2 why isn't it at 25%?? << buggy :D

And another thing i liked the previous icons for magic wand, and paint bucket.. but that's just me!

Bug:

Fill selection works if I use the menu, but the shortcut key 'backspace' doesn't work any more!

Works fine here.

And here.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I am try to find bugs, until now I only find a small issue. :)

About Radius Blur. The start angle value is "2" click to down two times it change to 360, ok, but if I try to up again it don't set it to "1" remains 360. Maybe the issue is with the down button. :P

issuede5.jpg

This alpha 2 is very nice. Thanks.

shinigami.jpg

Thanks to translate Paint.Net to Portuguese Brazil.

But... Ed's Surface Blur is still not loading :?

That's not a problem in Paint.NET, it's a problem in Ed's code. He is probably going to wait until Paint.NET 3.20 FINAL version is released. If you really need surface blur, you should be using 3.10. Alphas and Betas are, after all, for testing. Not actual production-level work.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Wow thank you for the update! I have a question what did you change about the magic wand and paint bucket? I haven't had the chance to see.

Like the change log says, I changed the cursor.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

It seems to be a faster startup. Was that intentional, or just insanity on my part?

It seems to be a faster startup. Was that intentional, or just insanity on my part?

I was just about to mention the same thing. Whether a trick of the mind or not, I don't care, if it seems faster then that will do for me.

Thanks for the update Rick, perfect timing for Sharpen+ and Sepia.

A few Fit and Finish Requests for this version of Paint.net. Please. :D

First off, I like to say I know these are low priority, and some have been mentioned before, but if it's all the same, here are the requests:

• [*:1y1znb4k]Remove the outline on the effect sliders, like it was before.
    Change this
    29816768os1.png
    to this
    91772652ur4.png
    [*:1y1znb4k]Update the icon of the image drop down menu
    A few mockups I've made in the past:
    untitleddb6.pnguntitledge4.pnguntitled2au2.png
    [*:1y1znb4k].PDN file type icon
    Mockups by trippdoctor:
    iconsdk6.png
    Mockups by me:
    pdnico2gf4.pngpdniconz2.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

sweet, *goes and downloads*

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

I know this has already been posted but what about being able to change the secondary color by right clicking the color wheel

i also think it would be nice if you could adjust the alpha values in the smaller mode of the color wheel

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.