Paint.NET v3.20 *Alpha 2* is now available

>>A few Fit and Finish Requests for this version of Paint.net. Please. :D

[*]Remove the outline on the effect sliders, like it was before.<<

Yes, please.

>>[*]Update the icon of the image drop down menu<<

No, please.

>>[*].PDN file type icon<<

No need. Anyone who likes the file icons can download them and even a noob can learn how to change them manually via folder options. Plus, on vista the file type icon looks nice as it's per default, I think. I've made my own so they fit in the xp style and I like them how they are.

Another point that is important for me: I heard that the 1st Alpha "killed" the HD Photo plugin. Will the plugin work again in the final release or, as an alternative, will the plugin be updated? This is very important as I'd have to convert my HD Photo files back to PNG.

Remember that HDP is now becoming JPEG XR and Paint.Net should support it at least via plugin. I do not requesting more options, I only want that it does the same thing it does now: Open & save.

Lovely update.

The biggest problem is that all the tuts will soon have to be converted to PDN 3.2.

Explain: By this I mean, all the effects are now enhanced in terms of UI and functinality. Y this, for example in a tut, there could be a step where you use Zoom Blur and a the time it was written PDN 3.10 was the latest where there 1 or was it 2 sliders but now, you've got more meaning all tuts are outdated.

Despite my complaint, this alpha release is radical.

People will just have to use common sense when it comes to using the newer version plugins. If you're using the same plugin as the tutorial instructs to, then it shouldn't take too much to figure out what is still needed to be done. Anyhow, the sliders that were there before are still there now, only a few new variables have been added.

In the pictorum, BoltBait posted an image with edited values in the history http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1072&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=9345 a few of us thought it would be a nice feature for a future version of Paint.NET, would this be posible :?:

1000sigwithout1000.png

My deviantART iGraphix

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this on your page if you're one of the 4% who will.

skilletism (n.) - The abnormal liking of the band "Skillet". (see PANHEAD)

panhead n. - an individual who shows extreme enthusiasm for the band Skillet. Generally driving for hours to concerts with frying pans riding shotgun.

What have I said about saying stuff like, "it would be easy to implement" ... ? C'mon man. Don't say that. There's more to a feature than just writing a few lines of code.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I love the new aspect/absolute size selectors for the Selection tool. Is there any way to include that on the Move/Resize Selection and Move/Resize Pixels tool, as well? Sometimes, I've drawn a selection and would like to resize it; I realize I can use shift+drag, but since the purpose of the new feature is easy discoverability, I think it should extend to the Edit Selection/Selected tools, too.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

This text file was created because Paint.NET crashed.
Please e-mail this file to paint.net@hotmail.com so we can diagnose and fix the problem.

Application version: Paint.NET v3.20 (Alpha 2 Release build 3.20.2871.36803)
Time of crash: 14/11/2007 15:36:53
Application uptime: 00:04:55.8437500
OS Version: 5.1.2600.131072 Service Pack 2 Workstation x86
.NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.832 x86
Processor: 2x "Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz" @ ~3000MHz (SSE, SSE2)
Physical memory: 1023 MB
Tablet PC: no
Locale: pdnr.c: en-US, hklm: en-US, hkcu: n/a, cc: en-GB, cuic: en-US

Exception details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at EdHarvey.Edfects.Controls.SplitButton.SetButtonDrawState()
  at EdHarvey.Edfects.Controls.SplitButton.OnEnabledChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Enabled(Boolean value)
  at EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.ThresholdEffectConfigDialog.histogramLoadWorker_RunWorkerCompleted(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnRunWorkerCompleted(RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
  at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.AsyncOperationCompleted(Object arg)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a plug-in escaped your plug-in crash system :)

Median blur is used to remove noise.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Yep. Pyrochild may have a fix as soon as the final version is released.

Im still yet to try Alpha 2, but I liked all the new things in Alpha 1. Mostly how a plugin crashing wont result in pdn crashing. Its not uncommon for a plugin to crash on me, and it seemed like everytime they did crash, it was with something I was working on for a long time and still yet to take a 2 second break to save it. Well I was doing the same thing a little while ago. This was about 30 minutes after creating a new image, and it still wasnt saved. Then, a plugin crashed and I was able to continue working with it. :D

Btw, im not a fan of the photoshop'ish layout, but im sure Ill get used to it. Also, it will make any photoshop work I might do in the future a bit easier.

I'm still alive!

bug found: in motion blur, the left-most pixel in the image ... I want to say it's not being blurred, but it is... it's just... different. The problem is most obvious when using an angle of 90. If your selection does not include the left edge of the image, it doesn't reproduce.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Rick,"fix" is absolutely right. But I have to say it will be better if u add some new functions as a Alpha edition.It improved too slowly actually.Thank you for ur hard work whatever.

Features have to be added slowly. When you add them quickly without extensive testing in between, you get major bugs and deep-rooted problems that you can't diagnose. Paint.NET is advancing in features pretty quickly, considering its size compared to the number of programmers (one). Traditionally, 2.x, 3.x, etc. releases of a program are simply bug fixes and minor improvements; you usually don't see wide, sweeping changes or feature additions until an x.0 release.

Rick is an excellent programmer, though, and bugs are very few and far between.

(Oh, and one more thing: "Alpha" means it's not a final version. So does "Beta" and "Release Candidate." It doesn't mean it's a special version, just an unfinished version.)