Dug's Gallery. NEW! Dec.10 Marabou Stork Nightmare. P.1.

dug

Hey hello. So much energy in your new sig. The blast/wormhole(?) and optical illusion box just keeps my eyeballs going. :wtf:

Valve, I see a lot of old hand cranked meat grinders at yard sales with a very similar metal texture and shape. Great shadows.

Treebeard, looks like you may have used Laplacian Pyramid Filter in that one and like your wrinkles.

Most of your work looks so personal. All good and well presented.

SloppySig.png

Nice pics dug. In the one with the cut face is that a dog's tongue on the snake? It looks cool with a big tongue,lol.

Photo bucket is different now,you can't use the links when the pictures are thumbnails at PB,you have to click on the picture you want and then use the link on the right.  After pasting the links into your gallery,click preview before submitting the edited post. Works everytime but don't move any of the others or you will have to do the whole row over, lol.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Welshy and BBQ. Thanks for the encouragement.

AFG.Cheers for looking in and keeping in touch.I hope everything is good with you.

YM.Thank you for such cool comments.Most of my work comes from your great Pdning tutorials.

BBQ.Cheers on the new sig,I thought it was time for a change,I am glad you like it.

Doughty.Thank you for taking the time for a wee visit.I am glad you liked what you saw.

Skullbonz.Cheers for the comments and help with PB.In Maudlin Career it is a lizard with its own tongue.I wiil give PB another go or figure out DA. I think what frightens me is the Forum Editor and I am not exaggerating when I say frightens me.

Welshy explained the mysteries of dA:

For the thumbs upload an image to dA (or if it's already there)

bbqthumbs.jpg

Click the Download Image link   :arrow-up:

Your image should open in a new window ...

bbqthumbs2.jpg

:arrow-up: Copy the link and paste it into your gallery.  In front of the link put [thumb]  at the end of the link put [/thumb     ] <<< without the space between the b and ]

It certainly worked for me. Since I already upload to dA, it is not bigger chore to download & do the links. At least this way you get the image in all its glory :D

Again, I am indebted to Welshy :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Dug, forget the thumb code snippet on dA. You need to download the image using the link button that Welshy circled. Then you take the address & put the [ thumb ] before that address & [ / thumb ] after it, leaving out the spaces. 

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/215/d/6/zs_vs_ps__by_therawatom-d6ggqqe.jpg">http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/215/d/6/zs_vs_ps__by_therawatom-d6ggqqe.jpg

This is way cool! I love the little rodent. 

I hope you get the hang of the dA codes. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

When I click on download image, I get the image on a new page but with no code. All I get is About:Blank. I understand about the thumbs and brackets,I think. My last post was me trying a workaround, but no joy. The code you have above I can't see that anywhere on DA.

I am looking into About:Blank. I am reading it's some kind of spyware that hi-jacks your frontpage (browser) or a list of other things that are just going right over my head. I am probably the last person on here that still uses IE never had any reason to change to firefox,chrome.....maybe it's time.

Head nipping.

EDIT: maybe I should read before I post...

EDIT2: once you click on the "download image" link and the image pops up in a new window, right click on the image and select "copy image location" to copy the image link to your clipboard.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

About:Blank just means there isn't an address available. It isn't dangerous.

...and stop using that IE garbage :P  Someone once told me "the only thing IE is good for is downloading other browsers."

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

When I click on download image, I get the image on a new page but with no code. All I get is About:Blank. I understand about the thumbs and brackets,I think. My last post was me trying a workaround, but no joy. The code you have above I can't see that anywhere on DA.

I am looking into About:Blank. I am reading it's some kind of spyware that hi-jacks your frontpage (browser) or a list of other things that are just going right over my head. I am probably the last person on here that still uses IE never had any reason to change to firefox,chrome.....maybe it's time.

Head nipping.

Dug, I can replicate your issue using IE. Doesn't that just suck!

I highly recommend Google Chrome. It works a lot faster too :D

Your test 123 does not give me a thumb but takes me to the gallery with the image. 

I like what PdnNoob said...so very true

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

...and don't worry about losing all your bookmarks, saved passwords, history, etc. You'll have the option to import all those during the installation process :)

• Upvote 1

Someone once told me "the only thing IE is good for is downloading other browsers."

He was exactly right,lol.  I have been using Chrome for years now. I have an icon on the desktop and the task bar in windows 7 and it works great.  IE used to skip,take forever to connect if at all or freeze up the pc.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/097/1/5/still_life_in_pewter__by_therawatom-d60r4uk.png "> http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/097/1/5/still_life_in_pewter__by_therawatom-d60r4uk.png  

Eureka! I think I've done it.

Thank you so much BBQ.Welshy,Pdnnoob and Skullbonz. I am glad you liked the graffiti,I collect it where ever I am on my travels, one of my anorak hobbies. Anyway Still life in Pewter... PdN.  I will think about adding It to my gallery but not today, that editor still scares me

Just got to find out where things are in Google Chrome now.

Again thank you.

Edited by dug

Oh I am so pleased that you are able to get the dA link to work as they should. I know it was a huge relief for me when Welshy gave the instructions :D

Pewter one I just love. The eye gets me. Like Welshy, I think it is a very tactile piece. I can feel the coolness of the pewter & the smoothness of the lines. Way cool!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

You create such fine work. Makes me want to find all the details and look at them separately.

LOVE the little iceberg in the back. Oh, and the colors, you always catch my attention with your color choices. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA