Dug's Gallery. NEW! Dec.10 Marabou Stork Nightmare. P.1.

dug

Your art pieces are perfect examples of what surrealism's all about (and Red Ochre had some excellent ones, too). "Sea Bed" is wicked cool. It has so many interesting details like the stairs that lead right into the hand and the lighthouse in the background as well as the pyramids. "Road Signs" looks like it could actually take place...well, where I live, at least.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Seabed is great! I love the way the colours all work. So much to see. Same with Road Signs. Brilliant concept & super execution! Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 1 month later...

Sorry folks I know it's been a while.Just had my first holiday in three years,if you could call it a holiday.I've just done the Camino de Santiago.What an amazing experience and endurance test.A real mental,physical battle.Also a great way to meet interesting people from all over the world. I have tried to link to wikipedia.I must be doing something wrong.

I have taken well over 200 photographs,which will take some time to edit,but hopefully the best of will be in DA.shortly.

Anyway, AmadeusX,Red Ochre,Welshy,Jim,Helen,Yellowman and BBQ thank you all for taking the time and posting such cool comments.I hope to get back into the swing of things soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Two new pieces (same old same old).This break I have had has got me thinking time for to try something different.I am really enjoying my photography work just now and want to combine it more with PdN so hopefully the next work I submit will be a bit different.

Though I liked the two previous ones over these two newest, I think I like Eye Sore better than Earthquake.

Nice work though, I enjoy looking at the details in them.

Great pieces Dug ,not sure if I have commented on your work before if not I apologise,you have a real out there style. The top 4 I could see as art work for Pink Floyd albums :)

Hi Dug, nice work,

I've got to disagree with Jim. I don't like 'Eyesore' - all too real, sadly - (the image image itself is very skillful though).

Earthquake is brilliant - love the stain on the wall where the r.h.s picture used to hang. Love the l.h.s picture of the newly exposed background.

Purplexed by the fallen picture (which is good).Great vase! - keep 'em coming ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You create images that deal with real-life situations in a very, let's see what's the word...not in a scary way, yet you get the point across. An absolute joy to view your images. "Eye Sore" reminds me of the area where I used to live. It was dirty and littered. "Earthquake" makes me quite sad. The house is split right in two. I can't even imagine the pain people go through when this happens to them.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I like also the idea of the red clouds and the smog among the hills, that even make it worst, and also a hidden smile here.

I like your Earthquake, it reveals the colored version of the vase which is so nice, the unfaded spot on the wall (painting location as metioned) puts lots of thoughts about the situation, wish the texture of the wall was also tilted to match the tilted walls.

Great stuff Dug.

Yes, as BBQ says Eyesore & Earthquake are well done and very thought-provoking too. Also, The Tom & Jerry show brought a big smile to my face this Monday morning :lol:

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Jim: Thank you for taking the time to visit and for the positive comment.Nice one!

Minners:No need to apologise.You're excused for the Floyd compliment.One of my fav bands.Thank you so much for taking the time I really appreciate it.

Red Ochre: Eye Sore,I find it hard sometimes to keep with the art (surrealism)when I am trying to convey a message.I usually just go with what puts the message over the clearest.Cop out I know.Anyway cheers for the wee visit and encouraging comments.

Helen: Putting aside all the technical in and outs(which I really appreciate)I can always depend on you for expressing how the piece makes you feel.Then I know if I have got the message across or not.I like the way you view peoples work.Thank you for taking the time.

BBQ:Thought provoking that's what I am after.Cheers!

Yellowman: Well spotted, the texture on the wall.Before I submitted the piece I knew that something wasn't quite right. I looked and looked but couldn't see what it was.I needed to tilt the wallpaper.Well done that man!Anyway thanks for taking the time it means a lot.

Nanettealsop:Thank you for the nice comments.I am glad you liked The T&G show.That kind of response makes my day.Cheers!

Welshy:Cheers for the encouraging comments, they really do encourage,motivate and make me enjoy what I do.

Crisps:I have heard my kids & grandkids discussing whether Walkers or Golden Wonder are the best. Myself I never eat them or drink gassy pop.Yet another reason for them to think I am not right in the head.

Again thank you all.

• 2 weeks later...

I adore the sculpture! Gotta love the African Violet in there too. An image with much meaning that oldies like me can appreciate. Well done!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Hi Dug :)

well of your 3 new ones, I really like 2 of them :) the one with the woman and your self-sculpture, they are rich of colors and very well done. I just would like to say 2 things about them...

the one with the woman, the part where they are attached to each other... if you add a lil texture as is, very light very tiny white dots or skincolor dots or even a bit of grain or noise, the skin would look a bit more realistic as if it's their own and not painted/smudged. Maybe it's what you did on purpose, then, I haven't said anything :)

Your self-suclpure, it looks INCREDIBLE, but, when I look on top of the hair, It looks kind of 'cut out from a picture', maybe you could solve this with a tiny soft smudge? or if you've one, some kind of ' adobe dots pensil' in the smudge effect. somehwere on this site (forgot where) you can find how to add them...

As I said, those two are almost masterpieces to me :) and I am glad to see how you have improved since I was gone :)

These look like genuine paintings! I can almost feel the paint at my fingertips. Well, the first two, at least. The first one also looks like a real wooden sculpture. This is just genius how you did it! It looks like it was a just freshly sculpted-the texture is amazing!

"Pile Up" is a very fun piece for me even if it wasn't intended to be. The colors are vibrant and very whimsical. The caterpillar is a cute touch.

"Gemelos" is an interesting piece!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Love the latest 3, ants and ents!

'treebeard' - brilliant but make sure to put on plenty of shellac and beeswax before going out in that Spanish sun. :D

'Pile-Up' - wonderful. Vibrant colours but harmonius and works well .. and brings the foreground forward.

Good composition and very clever manipulation of shapes.

'gemelos' - strong ideas - Dali would be proud.

I really enjoy it when you post your latest creations. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Jim,BBQ,Aislin,Helen,Welshy and Red ochre for taking the time to make such helpful and encouraging comments.Sorry this is a bit short,I just don't have the time at the moment(no new work to add ).I do love the challenge of the comps and trying my best to find time to enter them,I would hate them to stop.

Aislin: Thank you so much for sharing such great tips, I really appreciate it.

Three amazing pieces - a lot to take in at once! Must be a girl thing, but I too noticed the lovely violet. The self portrait is just amazing :smile:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

What an awesome new sig! Fantastic idea & adorable colours. Just to let you know too that the link to your gallery in your sig comes up with an error message.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012