Dug's Gallery. NEW! Dec.10 Marabou Stork Nightmare. P.1.

dug

BBQ:Thanks for the comments.Blue Genes started out as an alchemist lab,I was intending to turn lead into gold, but I then got the idea to try and turn paintings into life.Steve fun with the grandkids.BB Shepherd very political,me having a little rant, I am just glad I never offended anyone.The Church Mouse, practising my backgrounds so they will be as good as yours and Welshy's. It looked quite good so I just put in something small.

Helen: I am afraid I find myself getting a bit lazy,the mouse was stock.

Yellowman:Sorry to say the knot was stock.It was a bronze sculpture I came across whilst browsing for something else.I will have to try your suggestion with the Photobucket thumbnail code.Is that how it was done on Fans where you take a piece of the code out?

Delpart:I am glad I made you ponder.

Welshy: Steve, we will say is androgynous.I am glad that you and everyone else enjoyed Blue Genes,it makes it worth the hours and hours it takes to create.Cheers!

Rockandroll:Thanks for your comment.The mention of Harry Potter lets me know I achieved the kind of atmosphere I wanted.

Yellowman:Sorry to say the knot was stock.It was a bronze sculpture I came across whilst browsing for something else.I will have to try your suggestion with the Photobucket thumbnail code.Is that how it was done on Fans where you take a piece of the code out?

Don't be sorry mate, I appreciate the explanation,

And about the thumb code, Delpart ( thanks so much del) has explained it with great details in this post on Fans, so you no more need to remove any part from the PB "IMG thumb" code, just visit your PB account settings and do what del has explained.

Yellowman,I did what you suggested and followed Delpart's instructions.Submitted four pieces and everything seems to be ok.I have over 200 images in my gallery dose this mean I have to change the code on them all?Please tell me there is an easy answer. :( Then again I think it could be a good time for a spring clean. :) Thank you so much, to yourself and Delpart.

You welcome Dug, it is fine mate just to use PB code on the new posts, you don't need to go back and redo all the old ones, or if you like you can do them whenever you feel you have time, I am afraid there is not an easy way to change all, you need to change every code individually, I hope I am wrong and there is an easy way, lets hear from the experts.

I like your new collection, especially the beansprout, very nice design and idea.

Dug, you've done it again. Another 4 wonderful images! I just love the Intergalactic Scrapyard & the Warp Drive. Bean Sprout is so cute. Love the confusion of colours in Confused Innards too. I am amazed at the way you do your images & your imagination. Fabulous! Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers BBQ.Rockandroll and Welshy.Your wee visits mean so much.

The shapes are all line tool filled in and layer upon layer of shading.Thanks to Rockandroll's tute I am back to using alpha mask after every move I make.I got a bit lazy using the magic wand for everything.Alpha masking takes a bit longer but so much cleaner.

I have seen quite a few Famous Grouse adverts.Where I come from in Scotland it's called a bottle o' low fliers. :)

Edited by dug

Dug! WOW! What brilliant images! The rock grouse still gets me. I so adore the shape, the colour & the texture & the wisp of feathers like a penguin is just a master stroke. Cornucopia is great too. I adore the raspberry. Candy Mountain is a fun image. Phoenix (I love phoenixes) tea party is a most wonderful image with so many elements like the teapot & the red & blue cups that just spin my wheels. I am imagining that the 2 peaks are caramel covered cake or better still pure caramel to be washed down with coffee. I know its a tea party but I prefer coffee & in this magical setting anything is possible.

Wonderful images & imagination Dug! Edit: Meant to say that the star of the show, the Phoenix, is really so good! A stunner for sure.

Line tool is always my best friend. & I tend to use Gaussian Blur @ default or Feather & AA Assistant. Keep forgetting about Alpha Masking but then I am not that good at it either :roll:

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Waaoowww! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! The way you add shapes that create a whole image, the way you choose colors, compose the image and so on, is just mind-boggling. Extremely amazing work, dug. Kudos to you!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

BBQ.and Helen thank you so much for the great, encouraging comments.

BBQ:When I was about 5 years old, before teabags were invented, I had a terrible experience with a mouthful of loose tea from the bottom of a cup.Never drank tea since.Love coffee,I don't think I could exist without it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dug,

No-one is older than teabags - they grow that way don't they! :lol:

I just tried the gallery link in your sig but it seems to be broken?

Many thanks for the encouragement with my plugins.

Now - your gallery ... brilliant - I've been meaning to say that for months. I particularly like the the recent ones especially 'crash landing','Rock quail' and 'Intergalactic scrapyard'. You're getting a nice surrealist feel to them, which I love. And I think your sense of colour (color?) is improving too - some of the very early ones were a bit too garish for me, but you seem to have more control now. Technically you're doing some pretty impressive stuff - very inspiring - keep up the good work! :star:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Your ideas are always somewhat surrealistic. I still find them humorous (even though they might not be). Each time you come up with such amazing ideas. I like how in "Catcher in the Rye" there's seems to be two different worlds. The fishing float IS the "catcher" in the rye. So clever! "Crash Landing" set me off laughing. Come on, it was pretty funny. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Red Ochre: Cheers for taking the time.Rock Quail was inspired by your Noisechoise plug-in which I use quite a lot.Now I am playing around with Gradients Galore.I really like the over dither effect.I admire your talent for creating such cool plug-ins.

Helen:I do admit I always try to put a bit of humor into my work.Life is too short to be serious all the time.I am glad I made you laugh.Thank you for the nice comments.

Welshy:The plant is a bud from Strelitzia(bird of paradise)Sorry I can't remember how to do a link..I was hoping to photograph it opening up but it refused to open.I maybe cut it from the plant too soon.Massey Ferguson is the only tractor I know.:) Cheers for the encouraging comments.

Yellowman:Thanks for the nice comments.Well spotted on the reflection I would never have noticed that.

BBQ:I am glad you liked my latest work it means a lot.

Again thank you all for such positive and encouraging comments, it's what fuels my fire.:)