Dug's Gallery. NEW! Dec.10 Marabou Stork Nightmare. P.1.

dug

Sorry it's been a while,thank you Pixey and Jim for taking the time and giving such cool comments.Much appreciated.

BBQ. I am glad you like the new sig.I thought I better change it since the old one was almost two years old.Cheers for the heads up on my gallery link,I tried to fix it but no joy,EER came to my rescue, sorted .I am not very good with this new editor and now photobucket has changed, my head is nipping. Anyway thank you.

It took me ages to get the images from photobucket but got there eventually. I knew I had to persist because your images are so great! Lady Gaga - fantastic! Love the fractured look & the various elements with all the associations that it evokes. Inside the whale - yep bet it looks like that. Lovely 2 images from you.

While I was in your photobucket, I also saw Talking Heads & Gopher it. Have you show us these?? IF not then please do - they're great!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

"Senorita Gaga" definitely looks like Lady Gaga's portrait. The craziness and all. I like how the irregular shapes make up the face and part of the body. "Inside the Whale" is magnificent! Beautiful colors, the fish look natural in there (not like it was copied and pasted), and the bubbles are so awesome! The whole atmosphere is stunning! Great interpretation of your idea of how you think the inside of the whale might look like. I think it will look very similar.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Latest 4 are brilliant!

I particularly like 'senorita GaGa' and 'talking heads'. 'Inside the whale' is a great image too and 'Gopherit' has great shading.

Love those first 2 - thanks for sharing - very enjoyable!

Love the fish in the new sig too.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Your fishy sig is so pretty - I love it. Lady GaGa is so Picasaish and suits her to a "tee"". I have no doubt she would be tickled pink. Love seeing your work .... a feast to the eyes.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

BBQ.Helen,Red Ochre,Nanettealsop and Welshy. Thank you all for taking the time.I thought I had four pieces posted but this new photobucket just kept hanging up on me.Three times I had to reboot and start from scratch.I took the option to revert back to the old photobucket.(I am sure this will haunt me).Four now posted.I have been making my own brushes for smudge,to try and get that painted look,hence Señorita GaGa.I feel I am getting close.Anyway cheers for the comments they have let me know I am heading in the right direction.

Dug, how do you come up with such interesting pieces? I'm looking at them and each time I see something new in them. I notice more and more details. Looks like you put lots of thought into each piece. "Moon Flowers" are so gorgeous. Maybe there are such flowers on the moon like that? "Flaming Lips" looks like a piece I did a while ago using mixed media. I think I got an A on the project. I can imagine you had so much fun composing this one. "Ceramic Ball Race" is just fantastic! It looks like an scientific invention maybe even a spacecraft. Great job, dug. Always a pleasure to view your work! :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Dug - Your work just gets better by the day. So colourful and mind provoking. Lips is astounding, just like the razon blade image. Awesome work :)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi Dug, (sorry for slow response),

Flaming lips - (Good band - "Yes I realise!")

Fascinating - I enjoy looking at your creations - what more can I say ...

a few questions.

Texture in the girl's sillouhette? - photo? - of something copper that's fallen off a car onto hot road tar. It's really bugging me what it is - in a good way!

LHS 'foam' texture around the eye - how? - I understand the emboss/relief bit, I don't understand how the different size circles are not overlapping - I don't know of plugin that does that? (I tried writing one and failed dismally).

RHS texture around eye - also great - reminds me of 'pickled' paint, after paint stripper has been applied, or possibly river systems on a distant planet. Again, how?

Ballrace and Moonflowers are fantastic too. Keep 'em coming!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

FlamingLips is awesome, so much details to explore, I too like to know how did you get that embossed circles texture, can't remeber a plugin for that.

CeramicBallRace, I like the concept and the 3D/energy in it, I love the colored background, too, great creation Dug.

And the MoonFlowers is a good calming view to relax after reacting with the previous two images, there is another moon in the sky.

Jim,Helen,BBQ.nanettealsop,Red ochre and Yellowman thank you all for your gracious comments, it's what keeps me going.

Red ochre and Yellowman:You got it right, photo of tar on the road.The circles round the eyes were made all in one then parts selected to run the texturize plug-in with LHS.photo of soap-liquid on oil and RHS.was the same but with Yellowman's crack tutorial.Hope this helps as I am useless at explaining myself.

Red ochre:The Flaming Lips, Sparklehorse and Grandaddy are some of my fav bands.

Again, thank you all for taking the time. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, your thumbs seem to be working at this minute, but no one elses :(

Your three new pieces are, as usual, very clever indeed.  Are they photo manipulations, or do you draw everything yourself?  Or a bit of both?

I just love the jewel (necklace) hanging on the wall :)  The second one, of the woman, reminds me of the series Homeland and the third one is kind of Goth.  Amazing things you come up with -  I think of them as  'puzzles for the eyes'.

30b8T8B.gif

I agree with Nanette - puzzles for the eyes is right :)

Inside out, War Torn & George & the Dragon are fabulous. I esp love George & the Dragon. 

Love the way you did the shadow over the ball but feel that it is a bit sinister. The whole image is conflicting in an emotional way for me. Totally love it!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012