Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red ochre

Clipwarp - 14th Dec 2013

28 posts in this topic

EJPZArW.png

This is a new version of clipwarp. It is still used to mimic glass and metallic distortions as before but now has a simpler interface, smoothing and some fun colouring options.
I am releasing it in it's own thread as I want to keep the older version available. I will shortly be publishing a tutorial on how to put the shading on the object layer correctly (or at least the best methods I have found).

Tutorial here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27608-clipwarped-text-tutorial14th-dec-2013/#entry401568

The new version has the .dll name 'ClipWarpNew' and can be installed along-side the old version 'ClipWarp'. It will not overwrite the older version, so if you no longer need it you will have to manually delete it. The new version has a red icon the old has a blue icon.

.dll name = ClipWarpNew found under Effects/Tools

The .dll is now included in the V9 plugin pack here http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/22500-red-ochre-plug-in-pack-v9-updated-30th-july-2014/

This is the new U.I. showing the effects of smoothing.

8KPfEld.png

mHTQuUg.png

bITGtIB.png

GdCVXri.png

Nice! 

I'm liking the new UI.  :star:

PS I'm keeping both ;)

EER - Hopefully the new U.I. is a bit more intuative.
(I finally sorted the spacing of the drop-down menu text  :)  )

TR - good example, thanks for posting. :star:

A top class plug-in to come home to, nice one Red B)

Cheers Drew,
Good to see you back on the forums.
 I hope the tour went well and all the best for Christmas!

Cheers Drew,

Good to see you back on the forums.

I hope the tour went well and all the best for Christmas!

Thanks mate. A mad journey indeed, more to come (Jan - March) Until then it is time to play with all the new plug-ins ;)

All the very best to you and yours too Red.  :beer:

It's a pleasure to see the plugin used so well!
I like the contrast between the smooth clipwarped text and the rocky texture you created.
Thanks for posting the image Maximilian. ;)

I'm very glad you like it! LaieA_060.gif

And I'm thinking of so many uses for it! JC_idea.gif

Somehow I missed the new version December...

So thanks for the update.

Somehow I missed the new version December...

So thanks for the update.

Same here, not sure why I missed the new version :/ Looks to be of great use. Thanks Redochre. :)

'New clipwarp' is included in my V9 pack (the old version is still available though).
This version has smoothing based on averaging the vales of a rectangle of pixels depending on the displacement. So, at full strength it is doing a lot of calculations and is therefore quite slow. Best to get the other adjustments done before increasing the smoothing. ;)

Midora and nitenurse, many thanks for saying 'Thanks'. :)

Red ochre! Thank you so much for the new version, and thank you even your effort.  8ixedti9.gif  r7mbeb9k.jpg

Thanks again Red ochre! 9gut87cp.gif

udv3mapc.png

Always good to see your images Seerose! - thanks for posting. ;)

Here's a little something to prove that New Clipwarp is also super cool at providing skin for alien thugs, or so I feel it :)

reaper_close_up_798x560.jpg

Hi Maximilian - thanks for posting the excellent image!

IMHO imagination and fun are the most important thing in all forms of art
 - if you enjoy what you are doing, your technique and skill improves naturally! - and you've picked things up very quickly, great to see! ;)
I had hoped that the theme of monsters in the sig comp would fire people's imagination - it did for the four entries. B)
Sadly it seems to have turned others in the discussion thread into monsters too!   :( (not the intention)

Clipwarp works well with things made in Sculptris - I used it to make the glass dragony-thing in the room ... here
http://i.imgur.com/l5Z0rsI.jpg
Ages since I've used Sculptris but I seem to remember creating a pure blue background .jpeg and using that in sculptris, which made extracting the B/W shaded image much easier.
I created a jpeg (at the size of your comp screen) - all blue, (any saturated colour should work) and saved. Then open Sculptris/options/background and open that file, then use default grey as the modelling material - but experiment!

Thank you, Red! hi.gif

I noticed the bitter exchanges and gave my opinion because I feel that someone might distrust my entry as well. In all truth, all I did on Sculptris was the base models which only give you a framework to work on, and everything else is pure PdN. I think it's all a matter of creativity and how far you take it. Perhaps some people feel that some things are impossible to be done on PdN, but many times I've seen it's possible to come up with results that may surprise even the doer. I believe PdN's power is unmeasurable.

I have to try something glassy myself —your glass dragon looks too pleasing to the eye! JC_cheers.gif

And thanks for the Sculptris background tip! I'll try it immediately! yes2.gif I hadn't thought of changing the default background... sometimes you need someone to tell you how to proceed JC_faint.gifignat_01.gif

Here's a little something to prove that New Clipwarp is also super cool at providing skin for alien thugs, or so I feel it :)

@Maximilian! Very beautiful work. Fancy monster image. Thank you. n6dczfc3.gif

Thanks, Seerose! thank_you.gifAlways so nice of you! LaieA_060.gif

Thanks Red,

A little drop and ripples to quench your thirst:

water-drop01-4c1d73c.png