Create A Realistic Iris - Step Intensive

lynxster4

Excellent @Chowie!  Your irises look great!  I'm glad you liked the tutorial. That is why we write them. And tweaks are a good thing.  😊

I can't tell you how many weeks I worked on this trying to find the right plugins to use....😄

Edited by lynxster4

Thank you @Pixey, @Ego Eram Reputo, @otuncelli, @Red ochre @Lemonade and @Rle for the reps!  🤗

This was a lot of hard work figuring it out, 😵 but I did it.

😮😮😮  Oh my gosh, lynxster.  I came across your tut on my way to something else and wow.  I bookmarked your tutorial in my classes folder.  

Thank you for the tremendous effort you put into presenting this system in such minute detail - many people on many a platform assume viewers are already familiar with Part I, Part II, etc., and start in the middle.  I have been looking for a few of the effects you used - too cool!

BTW, I'm from the other side of the state: Doylestown in Bucks County.  Been living in Southern Cali since '73.  My, my, my we come from a beautiful part of America, yeah?

Time is in the mind of the beholder  

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

So.  How long is an hour to a mayfly?

Thank you @toe_head2001!  🤗

@BMP Thank you for the kind words about the tutorial. I try to be as precise as possible so everyone can try it. Let us know how it goes...

My, my, my we come from a beautiful part of America, yeah?

We most certainly do!  Excited for the fall and changing of the leaves...I'm kind of summered-out...😀

• Like 1

Thank you @Maximilian!  We need to see you here more often; you are missed.  🤗  Where's that gallery? (my first nag in a long time)  😆

Grinning happily.

Sorry, I've been busy watching the cactus spines turn to fall colors...🤔

Been having a bit of a hard time (Dr. prescribed the wrong medicine: Gasp!) but am back on my roll.  Just completed a planner series, off to create stickers and backgrounds, let's call 'em "skins", plus provide a digi format so I can drip new stuff into my new Etsy store daily while I work on the next set of planners in the series.  Then I have to create the banner, the About, descriptives for the products, and so forth.  After that, I'll hold my breath for a tick and LAUNCH!

Somewhere in there, I'll start my gallery. 👉👉 Oh, shoot.  I just realized you were talking to @Maximilian?  Hope I got the right poster

Lemme tell you, girl - were it not for this community, I would have been dead in the water as far as this project goes.  Overwhelm would have been a deal breaker for sure, and I was in the middle of it with burnout staring me in the face before I even got started.  I retired from my last online biz several years ago due to burnout and never wanna go there again.

Oh, and I saved more of your tuts to my Classes folder!  Am SO looking forward to learning how to create the opalescent stained glass 'cause I can't wait to use it for my customers' delight.  

Hugs, and thanks endlessly for your kind words.  TTYL😁

Edited by BMP
  • Thanks 1

Time is in the mind of the beholder  

A mayfly has 24 hours to learn its way around, fall in love, make babies, and write a will.

So.  How long is an hour to a mayfly?

On 9/27/2023 at 8:47 PM, BMP said:

Grinning happily.

Sorry, I've been busy watching the cactus spines turn to fall colors...🤔

Been having a bit of a hard time (Dr. prescribed the wrong medicine: Gasp!) but am back on my roll.  Just completed a planner series, off to create stickers and backgrounds, let's call 'em "skins", plus provide a digi format so I can drip new stuff into my new Etsy store daily while I work on the next set of planners in the series.  Then I have to create the banner, the About, descriptives for the products, and so forth.  After that, I'll hold my breath for a tick and LAUNCH!

Somewhere in there, I'll start my gallery. 👉👉 Oh, shoot.  I just realized you were talking to @Maximilian?  Hope I got the right poster

Lemme tell you, girl - were it not for this community, I would have been dead in the water as far as this project goes.  Overwhelm would have been a deal breaker for sure, and I was in the middle of it with burnout staring me in the face before I even got started.  I retired from my last online biz several years ago due to burnout and never wanna go there again.

Oh, and I saved more of your tuts to my Classes folder!  Am SO looking forward to learning how to create the opalescent stained glass 'cause I can't wait to use it for my customers' delight.  

Hugs, and thanks endlessly for your kind words.  TTYL😁

me.png             

You know I looked and searched for a tutorial with this kind of description and I cannot find it. You would think that somehow there would be a link, but I have no idea if it's outlawed to do such a thing or what; for me it's made paint .net less and less interesting. I really don't have the time to spend days figuring things out that may or may not work.

Well I'm just putting this down in case this can help add value.

All the best, Victor

10 hours ago, victorbrodt said:

You know I looked and searched for a tutorial with this kind of description and I cannot find it.

I don't understand this statement.

You are commenting in the very thread that contains the tutorial, so clearly you did find it.

10 hours ago, victorbrodt said:

You would think that somehow there would be a link

Where exactly are you expecting to see a link to the tutorial?

As @Pixey has indicated, you can use the forum Search.

However, I prefer to use Google to search the forum. Use the site: operator to restrict the search to forums.getpaint.net

eg.  site:https://forums.getpaint.net  iris     (the https:// is optional)

The main reason for doing this is that you can quickly switch between a text search and an image search of the site, which can help you find the forum thread that you want:

Site-Search.png

• 4 months later...