Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

• 2 weeks later...

Very good work! Love the glossies! You should make a tutorial on how do them so well. I'd be sure to try it out.

Happy Birthday, too! :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

@Yellowman: I'm glad you like it. I wanted to create something "crystally." Oh great, is that even a word? :P

@LFC: Thanks. I'm so happy you visited. I feel honored.

@Thanks, Darkshock. I'll think about it. Wait...wait..does that mean I'm supposed to give away my secrets? :lol:

@Lance: There's nothing weird about it. I was actually thinking about it. :wink:

@Oma: Thank you, Oma. I'm glad you think so. You're my inspiration throughout along with a few other regular visitors. :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Thanks, Darkshock. I'll think about it. Wait...wait..does that mean I'm supposed to give away my secrets? :lol:

No, it would just be nice. :oops:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

So I tried to make a gloss orb (inspired by you of course). Tell me what you think. Be honest, I can take it. :wink:

Keep in mind this is my first try:

5pocp3.png

Ok, this one took me almost 2 hours to make:

GlossyFaces2.png

You should make a section of your gallery for images inspired by you. :D I might make more. :P

You got some insane talent HELEN :D!. Your work has inspired a few of my pieces (not yet got all my work uploaded to my gallery). I really like your roses, they look so realistic :shock:. I'm currently working on one myself and if you could give me a tip (see my gallery to see its progress) that would be great :wink:.

@Darkshock: they are really nice :o, i like love their glossyness..after all who doesn't love shiny things?! :mrgreen:

@ALL: Oh my gosh, I truly thank you for your inspiration. I truly do. I'll try to make a tut. :P

@Darkshock: I thought it was my glossy at first! It's fantastic! I would lower the opacity on the shadow. Otherwise, it's an awesome job on both the glossies. I'm not sure if you really need a tutorial--but I'll make one anyway. :wink:

@nemo: Thanks. I make separate layers for each newly added shadow. I'll take a look. :)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Darkshock: I thought it was my glossy at first! It's fantastic! I would lower the opacity on the shadow. Otherwise, it's an awesome job on both the glossies. I'm not sure if you really need a tutorial--but I'll make one anyway. :wink:

Oh shucks. :oops: Thanks. I'll take your advice and lower the opacity on the shadow because it does look too thick. You glossies still look better in my opinion. I'll look forward to your tutorial...

@nemo: Thanks. I make separate layers for each newly added shadow. I'll take a look. :)

Thanks HELEN :D, ive been doing seperate layers for shadow sections, but i just realised i was going to need some more for the middle of my rose, hopefully it'l be finished later today but then i got Welsh's idea in my head of adding some leaves :lol:.

EDIT: Rose is done :wink:

DarkShock and nemo: Thanks to you both. I also posted a tutorial. I really don't like the result of it because the images are saved a .gifs and it doesn't have that crisp/smooth look to it. :roll:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I love your work Helen; your glossies look good enough to eat. I was thinking the same thing about oma's latest abstract (that it reminded me of candy). My sweet tooth must be acting up. Your work is beautiful, charming and fun.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you all for replying and giving words of encouragement and tips. I also posted a tutorial in the "Creations" section on how to make them.

@janettsue: I'm glad you could make it to my gallery. I really missed you!

Again, thanks! :P

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA