Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

Those web buttons are nice. I coulda sworn I saw something similar in a tut. But that was probably my imagination :lol: Nicely done

That Under Sea Kingdom piece is quite peaceful imo. When I saw the title, I thought it'd be something in blue. Making it in pink was a nice touch :)

Those web buttons are nice. I coulda sworn I saw something similar in a tut. But that was probably my imagination :lol: Nicely done

That Under Sea Kingdom piece is quite peaceful imo. When I saw the title, I thought it'd be something in blue. Making it in pink was a nice touch :)

Thanks Welshblue. I had the underwater scene in blue, but I wanted something a little different. Something pink. :)

Worldnewser: Yes, you did see those buttons in a tutorial, but I didn't really follow the tutorial (like always), and I added a few of my own changes. :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thanks Welshblue. I had the underwater scene in blue, but I wanted something a little different. Something pink. :)

Worldnewser: Yes, you did see those buttons in a tutorial, but I didn't really follow the tutorial (like always), and I added a few of my own changes. :P

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

The soccer dog is really cute! I like the way you did the undersea kingdom, it makes it look all mystical. And your bubbles! I've tried so hard to make bubbles like that. They always turn out looking really weird. Yours look simply amazing. The same is true of any semi-transparent ball like object I make. Any tips? I sure could use them!

PryoTypeSig.png

cute dog, well done, and grats on 50 wonderful pages!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

wow :shock: HELEN the soccer dog is awesome, the brown with the black created an excellent combination for the skin plus with the highlights, so clean and neat. And also-sorry for being late- I like the web buttons, the look so clam and romantic, and they need special font style to suit their design, and the Undersea Kingdom is beautiful the lights of the palace are shining through the windows, looks like they have a party undersea :) , remind me by sleeping beauty, that's well done.

WooW :shock: that is fabulous, I am checking every inch in it, it's really well well done, yeah that blurd tree in the background is adding and excellent 3D effect to the image, wait don't tell me that you made those roses with PDN 8) , did you? I don't know where to start and what to say, I really like every thing in it, the front tree is also awesome great texture on it I can feel the amount of work you spent on this, wonderful image :P , you are really great.

:idea: The water looks great with Frosted Glass, what you think? Especially the mist in the bottom .

Helen, your latest image is so beautiful to look at. Gaze at it long enough, and you will think you were in paradise. Stunning work.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@Yellowman: Thanks! And yes, those roses were done in PDN; I used them from an earlier image I did under "Lone graphics." It was a challenge for me to do the mist because it just didn't want to listen to me. :lol: I also took the idea of the waterfall from fotolia.com and then my ideas drifted off and I added the trees and everything else.

@Goonfella: I take your words as encouragement and motivation. :P

@Oma: I get those days when ideas just flow and composing the drawing is easy for me. I think that your New Years' advice was ringing in my head all along. :)

@Storm: I wish I lived there. Wait a minute....what are butterflies and the sound of a rushing waterfall heard not too far away from my house? :lol:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I love Nature's Beauty Helen! You did a great job with the waterfall. I love how you made the rocks blue. It makes it look it look so mystical and fairy-tale like. I'd like to go live there as well. Maybe in a cave behind the waterfall :wink:

PryoTypeSig.png

The waterfall looks kinda like toothpaste. :?

Everything looks to "feathered" I think. And, because the big tree isn't that feathered, it kinda stands out too much, especially near the rocks. I think you need more :AntiAliasingOn: in the bottom left corner, as well. (On the ferns.)

The sun rays are a nice effect and the leaves on the right are well done.

It's not you best work, in my opinion, though. :|

Thanks, ShadowsofTears. However, I don't think you should live in a cave. :P

@flip: Toothpaste is always good; at least it will keep my teeth clean and I won't have to buy it anymore. The thing about this image is that I didn't even use feathering, just slight blurs. And as an amateur artist, I found some mistakes, but I love it the way it is.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshblue, I am glad you find my image fascinating. :P I decided to keep the image the way it is, but you gave me good advice. And also, I did a quick tut on the foliage you and Oma requested. It's in pdnfans. :wink:

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Welshblue, I am glad you find my image fascinating. :P I decided to keep the image the way it is, but you gave me good advice. And also, I did a quick tut on the foliage you and Oma requested. It's in pdnfans. :wink:

It is in pdnfans? *zooms away to pdnfans to look*

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

Hi Helen , some wonderful work in here for sure...

my fav. has to be 'What Mice Really Do' that made me laugh :lol: