Fixed copy of Midora's ImAGIF FileType plugin (v0.13)

Has it? I'm not so sure - unless I discovered the same issue previously and simply deleted the unecessary layers 🙄

I don't want to derail this topic, but how can you have 'hidden layers', that don't show up in the Layers window?

You make layers and somehow 'hide' them?  Just asking out of curiosity...this is baffling to me.   🤔

I can confirm that:

1.  Rick's works fine.

2.  Toe's only works if all layers are checked.    Fixed

As for layers, I always got rid of (deleted) any unwanted layers before I went to Save As, because if not, those layers messed up the flow of the gif.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

11 minutes ago, Pixey said:

2.  Toe's only works if all layers are checked.

Did you download the newer build I posted yesterday?

The layers issue should only be in the build from two days ago.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Now working fine @toe_head2001.  I'd forgotten to change the .pdb as well 😱 🙀

Many thanks for fixing this Plugin.  It's very much appreciated :D

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

I see this one is the current thread, I stupidly posted in the old one. All seems to work until saving, I cannot save gifs ("there was an error while saving the file"). This are the details.

Application version: paint.net 4.2.1

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

at PaintDotNet.Data.Quantize.Quantizer.ReplacePassWithDithering(BitmapData in32Data, List`1 lc, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 ditherLevel, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in C:\src\github\ImAGIF.FileType\PaintDotNet\Data\Quantize\Quantizer.cs:line 418

at PropertyBasedFileTypes.ImAgifFileType.DoSave(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in C:\src\github\ImAGIF.FileType\PropertyBasedFileTypes\ImAgifFileType.cs:line 275

at PropertyBasedFileTypes.ImAgifFileType.OnSaveT(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback) in C:\src\github\ImAGIF.FileType\PropertyBasedFileTypes\ImAgifFileType.cs:line 542

at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 276

at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<UpdatePreviewAsync>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 604

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<UpdatePreviewAsync>d__48.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 623

Any ideas? It's simple 2 frame gifs. I can't see what could go wrong.

Edited by Gifcat

@Gifcat, please re-download the plugin from here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/31629-animated-images/

I have ensured that page now has the corrected build.

Let us know if it works.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab