How to Install Plugins ×

Page Curl Effect (ymd:100718)

MadJik

Page Curl Effect Plugin

What's this?

This is a plugin under Effect/Distort.

This plugin will create a curl on the corner you choose.

The curl is based on the size of the selection area.

So if you want a smaller curl, make first a rectangle selection at the place you want your curl.

You could choose the color and the transparency of the curl...

:Warning: It works best with no selection or rectangular selection.

Download it!

Plugin PageCurl.dll

ar.pngHere is the DLLal.png

The MadJik's All plugins package is available !
http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=7186

How to install

Close Paint.net

Classic version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: C:/Program Files/Paint.NET/Effects

Microsoft Store version of Paint.net

Unzip and (re)place the DLL in your Effect folder usually: /My Documents/paint.net App Files/Effects/

You have to adapt for your language My Documents

The User interface

Page_Curl_UI.png

Corner to curl:

Select the corner of the selection top-left, top-right, bottom-left or bottom-right.

Way of the curl:

Select horizontal or vertical.

Choose a color:

Select a color. The wheel takes the primary color as default. But you could change it.

And then decide to use this color for the background or for the back of the curl.

Darkness of the curl:

Choose to increase/reduce the darkness of the curl.

Transparency of the curl:

You could choose to make the curl transparent by level so you could see the original image through it.

Color of the curl:

Here you could choose the color for the back of the curl between Primary color, Secondary color or color from the wheel.

Level of the shadow:

Inside the curl there is a shadow to give more relief. Here you could choose the level of this shadow.

Keep image on the back:

The background is a color or is the original image.

Back transparency:

The background could be transparent so you will see the layer below or have the transparent checker.

Color of the back:

Here you could choose the color for the background between Primary color, Secondary color or color from the wheel.

Some examples:

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

Voilà !

• Like 1

Awesome looking, Madjik! Just one request: antialiasing. Judging by your screenshots, this plugin doesnt have very much of that ;)

signature.png

Awesome as always! Although as suggested above by Mike Ryan, depending on what settings one chooses, it can look quite jagged but on the other hand, I just tested it and it worked fine, the jagged edges were visible but only slightly.

MadJik MadJik MadJik...You are gonna make us all lazy :P:lol:

Looking good, and like the above posts said, would be even better if you can add AA.

Thank you for another nice plugin.

Get more ideas from the same "source", they have lots of cool plugins. ;) ;) hint hint :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Thanks for the plug-in MadJik!

Would it be possible to add another bar next to the colour wheel for transparency/alpha, like in the colors window?

Like this?

Colourwheel.png

It would be cool if instead of "Way of the curl" (and corner to curl) there was an angle chooser. Also if when you lowered the transparency it would show what would be on the front of the fold like this...

Curl-1.jpg

80% pdn :lol: (Stocks being the dress and hair)

And if you could choose the distance of the curl and have the parts of the image that are right next to the curl become bigger, just like a real curled piece of paper. Oh and could you move it to the 'stylize' menu, that would be great because I have 23 distorts and only 5 in stylize (and it would fit well in the stylize menu IMHO). I would very much like to see this mature into a must-have plug-in.

Thanks again MadJik :)

PS what do you do with/what is the PageCurlSrc folder? :?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thanks Madjik, again an other fantastic plug-in from you! Just a question/request (if possible):

add a selection for the size of the curl?

Awesome anyway and yes we will all become spoiled lazy image makers :D

thanks everyone..

I will try to add anti-aliasing. For the rest I must admit it wont be without help. Look at the original source, and look at my version. You will see it isn't a usual way of coding (at least for PDN's pluging). Antialiasing is (I think) doable. Change the curl "amount"/"range" is in need of more formulas I don't know about (yet).

Fell free to improve it, or create a "team" of coder for that... Me alone, I won't go so much further..

Hey, MadJik,

Very nice plugin! Thank you.

Just one thing: I think "Transparency of the curl" and "Back transparency" are misnamed.

Something with "0" transparency is "completely opaque", so your logic is inverted.

IMO, those options should be "Opacity of the curl" and "Back opacity".

Anyway, great work. Congrats!

so your logic is inverted.

Actually, it's not. If transparency if nought, that means no transparency, as nought is nothing. If transparency was one, then it would the tiniest bit transparent, because one is a small number. Do you see?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey this is one of the plugins that actually worked for me and its very cool

But how do u get it to curl out from the middle like that???

11qk5xv.jpg

Im still learning :D So Not the Best Sig Out there (Tips would be great)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...