Sign in to follow this  
jerkfight

Jerkfight | SOTW Vertical Entry

@Barbieq25 Yeah, even me I'm not a huge fan of lots of color, but that's just how Windows 8 is.

@Welsh thanks :) and yupp thats an old pic of me :P

@Helen Glad to here, and yeah those types of blues are a lot easier to work with than the darker or even lighters ones for me too.

GoogleJurk.png?t=1349848171

Nothing special, just made an image for my twitter. I'm a gamer w/ username of Jerkfight or Jurkee. I plan on working for google one day, and I'm a third degree blackbelt.

I'm boring. I know what twitter is but can't be arsked and haven't been near a games console in over 3 years but can still appreciate a nice, clean image

... looks a lot like 'lurk' at a first glance ?.

Very nicely made. To me, it looks like it has an oriental style to it. You're a third degree black belt? I'm not too familiar with belts, but I know that it means you're pretty good in what you do. What type of martial arts do you do?

Edited by HELEN

@barbie sure will :P i seem to keep coming back here anyways xD

@welsh Thanks, and now that you mention it, the J does look like an L especially because of the belt covering it. I tried to the most google-like font and thats what I got.

@helen I do tae kwon do, I wouldn't say I'm great because the expectations in Canada as opposed to Korea are a lot different, but I really do enjoy it. I used to do karate but I moved and switched to taekwondo.

Edited by jerkfight

@Helen thanks :)

greenroomthumb_zps6a70f057.png

Click the image to see the bigger version. Tried to make realistic grass and glass :P I need to work on my shadows and stuff though :(

Edited by jerkfight

Thanks :), i think I should have made the glass a little thinner though now that i've had some sleep and I'm looking at it again

I'd like to add something, but to be honest I struggle with shadows and angles a lot. I kept trying to add a center piece to the table, and nothing looked right xD

Edited by jerkfight

Hi Jerkfight,

Bring back the little fly! :D - (not necessarily as your sig but somewhere in your gallery) - I miss the little chap!

Got some good images in your gallery - looking forward to seeing how the green room table evolves.

First chance I have had to look at your new work.You have some nice ideas and different concepts going on.I like the pastel colours in the green room piece,will have to check in again to see how it is coming along.

I took a long break from that room and decided to rewrite my hardwood floor tutorial anyways here's the outcome of the new wood tutorial

ThumbWood_zps60bec1b8.png

As always click to see the larger version

Testing some things turned out decent. Some of the angles are messed up, and reflections on the ball I got lazy and forgot to make them different for each ball. I still need to work on shadows.

kineticthumb_zps46005f1c.png

As always click to see the larger version.

EDIT: I just realized how off the top board is...jeez and it isn't sitting on the floor properly xD
 I need a lot of work.

Edited by jerkfight

Nice concept.

I always keep a copy of settings if I'm going to tilt something with the intention of putting something on top (a screenshot of the UI) for future reference

yellowman has a sphere tut that could be perfect for the reflections.  Will find it when I have more time laters

Nice piece tho' ... looking forward to seeing it finished

• Upvote 1

Shadows & highlights IS hard to get right. I like your image just the same.

What a great concept & I remember when these things were the bee's knees.